Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:30 AM

I remembered a yard of fabric that I have that will work for the ugly swap. hehehhe. I'm sure it's someones cup of tea… just not mine.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:52 AM

Ellie,
I didn't "catch" the fact that the green, white, St Patrick's (if you choose to send them, too) swap was in addition to the ugly fq swap either. So thanks for asking. My brain must really be mushified!!

So we're doing 4 fqs on the ugly, too? I know at 1st a yard was mentioned, but then several don't have a full yard of 1 "ugly", so I know we discussed doing like half a yard, or 4 fqs...but I don't remember a firm decision.. I'm good with the usual 4 fqs, or maybe 2 half yards, or??

Well, big snowstorm headed this way. Supposed to start in the next few hours, with freezing rain/ice. Change to snow, snow all night and into Thursday morning. Forecast is 8-10 inches, "conservative snow totals" were the weatherman's exact words.
Out where we live, snow drifts can get quite deep. And there are no snow plows. So I'm a lil concerned about getting to town, and then across to the opposite side of town where most of the medical buildings are for hubby's surgery Friday. We have 4wd, but that only helps so much..and not on ice at all...
For my fellow snow friends, stay safe and warm! For my warm weather friends, enjoy some of that warmth for me!!
Regards,
Kif
PS Vita,
Do I detect a bit of ornery glee in that hehehe laugh??

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-21-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:13 AM

Never mind the ugly swap amount question...I found the answer over on the March sign up..
Kuf
Old 01-21-2015, 09:47 AM

Kif- you are correct in your deduction.. lol
I won it in a Chinese Auction at my quilt guild… didn't win any of the things I put a billion tickets in for that I really wanted. But of course, won the thing I threw one measly ticket in for.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Out where we live, snow drifts can get quite deep. And there are no snow plows. So I'm a lil concerned about getting to town, and then across to the opposite side of town where most of the medical buildings are for hubby's surgery Friday. We have 4wd, but that only helps so much..and not on ice at all...
Yikes… well hopefully they will stay on top of cleaning it up on Thursday so it won't be too bad on Friday…. Good Luck!!!

It's cold here but minimal snow.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:41 PM

Brat-
your biggest fear is one of my biggest loves for one of my biggest loves-My SON!Not only does he love baseball but he and my husband both love the WWF (which is now called the WWE ). Every year when they come to our area-we go to see them wrestle. Good times with my guys. Yah-I got some of those big flowers too and not quite sure where they came from-maybe the 80's? Also some of that fallish looking fruit stuff-not quite my type. The Mexico fabric sounds interesting-don't have any of that.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:08 PM

Rosemary, I received your valentines fat quarters today. They are all so nice. I really like the black red and white one. and the mints are a favorite here.
Sorry on picture, can't find my camera.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:05 AM

reminder: if you can take a picture of what you send before you send it you can post it for all to see if your partner cant

Kiff your in for cruddy weather? oh dear lord no thank you here at all! we have good weather again for another week and it is three weeks and running now. WHAT THE HECK is this about? I am not complaining just curious. Its great weather for me no complaints at all. nope no sir at all. its like 39 or 40 all week long again. Yahoo! its ok with me yuppers. Wishing your hubby the best of luck on Friday Kiffie. I will keep him in my prayer. its no fun nope not at all.

next: get on over and sign up at the new swap. I put it up yesterday!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:58 AM

Vitality,
Well I for one love an ornery snicker...even if it's directed at myself!
I guess having a brother who is 6 yrs older helps prepare a person for humor...
Especially humor at myself!

Isn't it the way it goes...Win what you weren't really trying for, but not what you really want??!!

Brat,
Thank you for prayers, we'll take every one we can get!
As far as I know, we're still on for surgery tomorrow...getting out to the main roads will be the hardest part, I think...

I put some snow pics over on the mug rug swap...

Kif
Or Kuf...as I just noticed I must've decided I wanted a new nickname the other day...
Or my multiple personality disorder kicked in...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-22-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:31 PM

I just got a wonderful package from BarbaraKibler23, Thank you soooooo much! She sent me 4FQ's, a stack of 2 1/2" valentines fabrics, candy,socks,a real pretty red heart wreath made out of bells!!! Nail file
Here is a picture of my pretties!!! Thank you Barb
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg