Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM

How do you use FRAY CHEC on clothing? I have used it with sewing projects, but not clothing. I am interested, since clothng prices are agast, & we all are trying to extend the life of all we wear, and strech the dollars?
Hoppa~ hope your back gets better... no fun when your in opain and can't do much. My Hubs has bad knees and has to sit alot. TAKE CARE.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Thank you so much Jul1 i got some pretty purple fabric,fray glue,postcard,postit,purple thang (love it) clips,needle threaders,so many nice surprises!!!! Thanks again...
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 AM

MOrning Ladies, Some really nice packages came in while i was away. My Sp received her package while i was gone. so now i can sit and wait on mine.
Hoppa hope you feel better soon nothing fun about a hurting back.
Congrats on second place on the quilt!! I love it.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:39 AM

Morning all, it is cold outside! We had snow showers last night with high winds and still have the winds this morning! It's 24 degrees out..BRRRRRRRRR! It doesn't feel all that warm in this house either!

HOPPA, take it easy with your back and get some rest....hope you feel better soon! Stay warm too!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Morning all, it is cold outside! We had snow showers last night with high winds and still have the winds this morning! It's 24 degrees out..BRRRRRRRRR! It doesn't feel all that warm in this house either!
No snow here, but it sure is coooold with quite a breeze zipping off the ocean. Make that double BRRRRR! Adding to the merriment, our dryer broke so I was just outside hanging up the wash on the clothes line. My fingers are numb!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
No snow here, but it sure is coooold with quite a breeze zipping off the ocean. Make that double BRRRRR! Adding to the merriment, our dryer broke so I was just outside hanging up the wash on the clothes line. My fingers are numb!
OMG! No way would I hang them up, they would go on a trip to the laundry mat or everybody would just wear dirty clothes!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
OMG! No way would I hang them up, they would go on a trip to the laundry mat or everybody would just wear dirty clothes!
I love hanging my bedding outside. Nothing like the smell of fresh air on sheets!
Laundromat? No thank you. I know that lots of people have no other choice, but I am soooo glad not to have my clothing mixed in with other people's
stink and ick. I'd much rather have frozen fingers. Just my preference.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I was just outside hanging up the wash on the clothes line. My fingers are numb!
Sorry that your dryer broke. I'm a Minnesota girl and my family still hangs their laundry out in the winter - freeze dried - laundry smells so fresh when it comes in from the line.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 AM

Hoppa, feel better soon.
Krystyna, I love to hang my sheets and blankets outside, too. They smell wonderful.
Mscupid, stay warm.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 AM

fray check stops fabrics from fraying, its like a glue bonding agent. you use very little of it (just drops) to stop say a accidental hole in your clothing or on certain fabrics like georgettes that fray crazy. for example i have a beautiful georgette skirt that started fraying at the hem tape and i couldnt just cut the frayed part and rehem it because the fabric is so light and loosely woven, so fray check to the rescue. i used a very light coating of fray check across the damaged hem part, retaped it with hem tape and sewed the hem back up. some crafters/sewers use fray check on ribbon to keep it from fraying at the cut edges. say you snag some piece of clothing and you do not want the whole to get bigger (due to washing, continued use, etc) you would use a drop of fray check to seal the hole or say the inside seam of a piece of clothing (or the lining) is coming apart (the threads are loosing up at the sewn seam), you would use a drop of fray check to stop it. these are just some of the uses for fray check.

fray check does dry hard and can stain some fabrics so be careful when using it. my georgette skirt is a black floral and the fray check was used on the inside hem so i had no worries. because fray check is a sealant it can be difficult to remove so use it very sparingly. dritz has on their website that fray check can be removed by soaking your item in alcohol but i have never tried this. i had become expert at using it so never had any problems.

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
How do you use FRAY CHEC on clothing? I have used it with sewing projects, but not clothing. I am interested, since clothng prices are agast, & we all are trying to extend the life of all we wear, and strech the dollars?
Hoppa~ hope your back gets better... no fun when your in opain and can't do much. My Hubs has bad knees and has to sit alot. TAKE CARE.

Last edited by Havplenty; 02-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.