Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i have a question, how many of you like & use the ponytail holders for your bobbins? i saw on a thread that some didnt like them because it prevented them from seeing the thread colors. i am not sure how that happens because the plastic bobbins are see through and the metal ones have holes in them so you can see the thread plus you can always just move the elastic down just a bit to see your thread.

i love them and it has made a world of difference in preventing me from having a bobbin thread tangle monster mess. they are very economical and so easy to use. in my mind, what's not to like but i know as many different quilters as there are, there is at least that many different opinions.
They work great on spools of thread also.. just wrap the tread around and then have a short end loose and put the pony tail thingy around it..
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Default feb sp packages

i finally cleared a spot to take pics of my wonderful sp swap packages. many many thanks to celia brown and craftymatt2 aka mary. woo hoo yet another mary. i love everything sent to me, so many good things. thank you so much celia and mary.

my package from celia included a 5pc fq pack of kitty fabricsn (yay), 2 notepads, a lovely valentine card, a sampler box of chocolates, a bag of valentine hearts, a package of glue sticks (yippee) and a handmade cosmetic bag filled with handmade tissue holder, mints, chapstick, emory boards, bandaids & hand sanitizer. i love the fabric used for the bag. i had bought a small piece that will go into my ps quilts. celia thank you sew much for your thoughfulness and i luv everything.[ATTACH=CONFIG]311225[/ATTACH]

my next sp swap package came from craftymatt2 aka mary. it included 3 pieces of fabric, an easy mccalls quilt magazine, a bom, glue sticks, sewing notions, buttons, 2 note pads, dove raspberry chocolates, hot chocolate mix (came in handy as it is COLD this weekend), a lovely bag that had 3 spools of thread in it and a nice card. thanks sew much for your thoughtfulness and i love it all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]311227[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails celia-brown.jpg   craftymatt2.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 02-12-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
growing up at one time we had one of those manual wringing wash machines. wow that brings back memories.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311166[/ATTACH]
We used to have a washing machine just like this one! And K, we used to hang our clothes out too, but have occasionally had to go to a laundromat. I love that fresh smell too, but when it's this cold out.....no way, will go to the laundromat! Brrrrrrrr
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

great packages you got there Havplenty......
Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 PM

very nice packages haveplenty.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:01 PM

great packages Hav~
Old 02-12-2012, 01:02 PM

I remember those days !! We did the same thing.... my mom even got her arm in the wringer -- so she never let us do that part. aahhhh.... memories ☺

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I grew up hanging clothing outside in warm weather and on a line in the basement next to the oil burner in the winter. For a long time my mother had one of those wonderful old wringer washers. The clothing would come out of the washer, then get squeezed into a tub of clean water with a built in scrub board which you'd use to get the rest of the soap out. Then you'd swing it around to an adjacent tub for a final rinse and finally swing it over a laundry basket to take it out to dry. There is something so homey about laundry on the line. And you always remembered to hang your undies on the inside so no one would see!
I actually asked my husband for the clothes line tree we have as a birthday gift a couple of years ago. He thought I was nuts.
Living on a sandbar, we don't have a basement, so it's outdoors for me! I don't really mind too much since there is a constant wind coming off the ocean. The only thing I don't like is the lint. They dryer gets it right off. The Appliance Doctor had to order a part, so it's only until Tuesday or Wednesday that I have to wait.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Default Feb sp package

Trying again today... I have been at a quilt retreat for a few days. I hope this new idea works !!!

It worked !!! I read where someone emailed it to themselves and then put to desktop and then it works !!!

I am missing a few scrap pieces jaciqltznok sent... sorry about that Jacquie .
Attached Thumbnails mail.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
We used to have a washing machine just like this one! And K, we used to hang our clothes out too, but have occasionally had to go to a laundromat. I love that fresh smell too, but when it's this cold out.....no way, will go to the laundromat! Brrrrrrrr
Rosemary I also had a wringer when I moved to missouri in 1980. I used it for about 4-5 years.And hung out the laundry.except in the freezing weather then it was hung up all over the mobile home. I was raised in the 50's with a wringer washer and clothes line and a mangle iron.I used to love to use it. This morning it was 3 degrees out. Got up to 40 today though and sunny. Snow and ice coming tonight.Mary
Old 02-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carrot View Post
Trying again today... I have been at a quilt retreat for a few days. I hope this new idea works !!!

It worked !!! I read where someone emailed it to themselves and then put to desktop and then it works !!!

I am missing a few scrap pieces jaciqltznok sent... sorry about that Jacquie .
what beautiful fabric and homemade goodies in the swaps. very nice. Hoppa hope your doing better.(still waiting for the pictures)