Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Cat Block Swap      Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011 >

FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 AM

Brooke, which kitty is the one your mom made? :D
Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Well, my kitties arrived today. That's the great news!! :thumbup: Now, for the bad news! Uh...........all I can say is there must have been one heck of a cat fight going on inside that package!! :shock: :shock: After investigating the situation as best I could, I have come to the conclusion that the six girls must have been fighting over the one boy!! He's a biker boy so I'm sure they all wanted a piece of him!! I mean, how could they resist that furface!!??? :D :D
Looks like he burned some rubber trying to get out! It was probably his wandering nature that kept them from getting to you for so long.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
Well, my kitties arrived today. That's the great news!! :thumbup: Now, for the bad news! Uh...........all I can say is there must have been one heck of a cat fight going on inside that package!! :shock: :shock: After investigating the situation as best I could, I have come to the conclusion that the six girls must have been fighting over the one boy!! He's a biker boy so I'm sure they all wanted a piece of him!! I mean, how could they resist that furface!!??? :D :D
Looks like he burned some rubber trying to get out! It was probably his wandering nature that kept them from getting to you for so long.
You know!! I think you're right!!! That certainly would explain all the black marks all over the envelope!!!
:shock: Maybe he's a rock star, too. And you KNOW how wild some girls get over rock stars!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-06-2011, 11:29 AM

:lol: Looks like Bitsy will get them in line for you!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
:lol: Looks like Bitsy will get them in line for you!
You could be right about that!! She IS the self-declared queen of this abode!! Just ask her big sister Gracie!! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-06-2011, 11:56 AM

The bottom right one. The one made by skitter.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
The bottom right one. The one made by skitter.
Awww......that one is so-o-o sweet! :D
Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Oh man!!! Are we ever lucky that you got that package and the blocks were alright! Wow!!! Can we all say...yes, they should all go in the plastic bag inside the envelope!!

I bet it was that pink sassy cat from Veronica that made such a mess trying to impress that darn biker....The rest look all sweet and well behaved...that pink girl looks just a little too innocent to me :wink:
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Patti, you expressed EXACTLY what I said when I saw that envelope!!! Thank goodness they were in a Ziploc bag!!!!! I think the padded envelope helped, too. If it was just a regular envelope, they would not have survived. If the envelope would have been completely destroyed, I would hope they would have sent it to me anyway because I had written my address on my plastic bag. The funny thing is I did that just for that very reason!!! I don't know why, but I thought to myself, "What if they somehow fall out of the envelope? I'm going to write my name and address on the bag -- just in case!" I know it was because of past experience that I did that!!! I don't know what goes on in the transport of some of my mail, but this isn't the first time I've received an extremely damaged package!! :evil:

Earlier this year I purchased a CD for the Fiesta BOM from fatcatpatterns.com so I would have all the blocks and wouldn't have to remember to download them each month, and I also could support her great web site. Well, I waited and waited for that darn CD to arrive, emailed her a few times to her multiple email addresses, and it took me quite a while to hear from her. She called me, and told me she had mailed it a couple of weeks before and was surprised that I had never received it. Well, I was getting so frustrated that I just wanted my money back and would simply download the blocks one month at a time. She was kind enough to send me another one, and I received it within a reasonable amount of time. Then lo and behold, about a week AFTER I got the replacement CD I got a window envelope and inside of it I could see an EMPTY CD wrapper!!!! Somewhere along the way the package had been destroyed, and all that was left was the empty CD envelope!!! Without even opening the postal envelope I put it in another envelope and mailed it to her so she would believe me that I wasn't trying to get a second CD out of her. I never did hear back from her so I'm assuming she received it. :roll:

I don't know if the problem is with my local distribution center or somewhere else, but I find it strange that we get what seems to be more than our share of trashed envelopes and packages! :shock:
Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Pab, thats unbelievable! Horrible! I always stick a return label on the ziploc. There were some in the swap that had no return on the zippy, so I stuck my own labels on them..you know, just in case. I'm just so relieved that yours got there ok. For some reason, it seems that the Priority envelopes get there quicker and with less damages than the regular 1st class mail. I think they try to run the big brown envelopes through a machine and they don't stand up to that treatment. I'm just happy you have your kitties! Whew!