Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Happy New Year Swap - Mail by date: December 3 >

Happy New Year Swap - Mail by date: December 3

Happy New Year Swap - Mail by date: December 3

Old 10-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

I sip a cup of hot cocoa and sew.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Just jumped on and not sure what all has been suggested but an idea comes to mind maybe some note cards to write a quick note, or a writing table for letters in the new year, Calendar stickers, books or quilt magazines (new or you may have some you no longer want).
And remember as bookworm said in the opening instructions, if you want to know about something specific your person may like or not, pm bookworm she can ask and get back to you. for example if they said they like to read and you want to know their genre or favorite author or if they have such & such title she can get that info for you.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:38 PM

I love to sew or quilt I find that most relaxing.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:02 AM

leilady54 what type things did you include in your secret pal's box? looking for ideas. :-D

also do the fabric stores in hawaii have charm square packs or fat quarter packs of hawaiian fabrics? i would love to have some hawaiian fabrics in my quilting projects and my postage stamp quilt. if you accept paypal we can make some arrangements. pm me and let me know.

mary

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
Oh now, I just got home from the Craft Fair.....got to unpack a few things from my SP's box so I can put these new things in instead. Hmmmm or change to a bigger box??? LOL Here we go again....the choices are endless!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 AM

well let's see. i love the hustle & bustle of the holidays and get together with friends to lunch or dine out. what little holiday shopping i do i do throughout the year so there is never a holiday rush for me except for the quilts i make for family. but i like to do jigsaw puzzles, logic problems (penny press, dell) and read. the impossibles brand of jigsaw puzzles are double sided puzzles with extra pieces to give you more challenge. i like live theatre, watching movies, new museum shows, stuff from bath & body works to soak in , moisturize in, be steeped in fragrance in, shower in, did i mention to moisturize in. :-)

i also love love love surprises too.

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
What are some other ideas people have for relaxing from all the hustle and bustle of the holidays? Do any of you read, or play games? If so, what kind? Other ideas also?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:24 AM

that can be a whole lot of question asking. isn't is great to just have a conversation among ourselves up to and along the way to mailing our pal's packages?

many of us don't really "know" each other, other than trading posts on the board threads. i think it's great to just discuss our thoughts and throw out some ideas IMHO. i find often on the swap templates, it's hard to think of a lot of stuff when you're completing one so you will get some that have a lot of information and some that have very little information. having a "conversation" may spark other ideas that one hasn't thought of.

but new year calendars would be great gifts. i want to make my pal's package something other than quilty things as we have lives and interests outside of quilting.

Originally Posted by starshine
Just jumped on and not sure what all has been suggested but an idea comes to mind maybe some note cards to write a quick note, or a writing table for letters in the new year, Calendar stickers, books or quilt magazines (new or you may have some you no longer want).
And remember as bookworm said in the opening instructions, if you want to know about something specific your person may like or not, pm bookworm she can ask and get back to you. for example if they said they like to read and you want to know their genre or favorite author or if they have such & such title she can get that info for you.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Havplenty....I just PM'd you.

Yes, I do agree that building our SP's box is fun and not restricted to only quilty things. I love finding other sources for entertainment in my SP's box. It's fun to swap as well as get more acquainted with people on the QB. I personally think it's a nice way to develop new friendships.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 PM

I am having a problem with my Secret partner's swap box!! I can't close the lid!! :mrgreen: What am I to do? :oops: I guess I'll have to rearrange it again!! Wish me luck. Maybe it will have to go into two boxes. Yikes!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 10-28-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
I am having a problem with my Secret partner's swap box!! I can't close the lid!! :mrgreen: What am I to do? :oops: I guess I'll have to rearrange it again!! Wish me luck. Maybe it will have to go into two boxes. Yikes!!
:D :D :D :D
A bigger box, maybe??? :mrgreen:
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 PM

a great big box!