Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) >

Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 PM

I'm getting started on my April row tomorrow. Sorry for the delay ladies. The trip to Utah kind of put a kink in things. We'll get this sent out Saturday at the latest...and then it's on to May's row! Wheee!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 PM

Name for Elizabeth's quilt is changed! It was Christmas Hope...now renamed "Against all odds". I am embroidering my name on label right now. Will take pictures tomorrow and take directly to post office....PRIORITY MAIL...INSURED....REGISTERED. Sorry for the delay..I truly apologize. Arm healed( thanks be to GOD) without nerve injury, swelling went down enough to sew and then it began grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Let me see.....first couldnt thinkof any ideas, then couldnt make ideas fit. Finally got started....lost electricity for a full daY then...electricity back...blocks wouldnt go together right. Started emb. designs. Second design (embroidered at 220 minutes without time for 60 color changes), needed to turn machine speed down for cross stitch...so that extended time...needles kept breaking, thread kept jamming...down to last six colors...machine broke...design too large for other embroidery machine. Went to friends house to finish. Came home, started to put together...noticed that block for center was incorrect(how did I not notice that before?) Took it apart TWICE...and it was paper pieced. tHEN in the interest of tiime, asked hubby to the embroidered blocks to size for me because I make them large and then cut fabric to size. He didnt understand the extra half inch and cut the block to size.....so had to put border around them. Hmmmmmmmmm that was sure a time saver lol.

Calling it done..post pics tomorrow. Hope I didnt miss anything else.

Margie
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 AM

ok I am having a serior moment... I have a snowman row and a cat row ..
Who does the snowman belong to?
The reason i am asking is....
I had the parts all cut out and ready to work on Sat . That is UNTIL I went into LQS :shock: I found the cutest snowman rows I fell in love with them. 2 of the rows will be 10" and the width of the wall hanging. Is that OK?????

Ok off to bed talk to yall in a couple hours LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 AM

I wasn't home yesterday, asnd the mailman left me a card, he has my quilt top...they will redeliver today or tomorrow. Mine is finished and on its way to me :D :D :D
Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 AM

MsSage you have sewjoyce's row which is Christmas Cats.
As well as scrap_lover09's aka Snowflakes and Snowmen. Were you proposing two rows for scrap_lover09's top to equal 20" by the width of the quilt instead of 12"? I'll send her a note asking her if that's okay and get back to you.

Ruth I'm so glad to hear you'll have your quilt back today, that's wonderful, be sure to tell us how you like it once you hold it in your hands.

Margie I'm sorry to hear you had so much trouble with my top, I'm sure it's beautiful! I'm glad there wasn't an nerve damage to your arm. My embroidery machine has days like that, perhaps yours was just upset you were away so long (it sure could have shown it better ;) ).

Purplemem and Colletta, I'll be passing the hostess reins off to someone else for the next one, so perhaps you can post your idea in the main part of the board and see what you come up with, best of luck to you ladies. :D
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM

I just love my quilt, I wish you could all see it in person...beautiful. Right now I have it draped over a chair in the living room so i can just keep looking at it :D

Elizabeth , you have done a great job doing this RR...if you ever do another, I am in....its been very enjoyable :D
Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 AM

Elizabeth's Christmas Hope quilt ...my row.

Margie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24148.jpe   attachment-24164.jpe   attachment-24373.jpe  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM

More of Elizabeth's quilt.

Margie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24136.jpe   attachment-24137.jpe   attachment-24138.jpe  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM

As well as scrap_lover09's aka Snowflakes and Snowmen. Were you proposing two rows for scrap_lover09's top to equal 20" by the width of the quilt instead of 12"? I'll send her a note asking her if that's okay and get back to you
No I was saying instead of 8" width would 10 " be ok? The fabric is snowman rows and 2 of the rows on the fabric would be 10". Sorry if I confused you.
Working 14 hours and trying to explain is hard LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Margie, I love it! You did great girl! Sorry it was such a pain, but the results are fantastic. Glad your arm is feeling better.