Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

I am five hours away from my parents and its a good distance, and we live in the country so we do t have unexpected guests which is nice, I don't like people interrupting my plans for a day.

I think what I might miss most here is my park. My turkeys, deer, critters galore and the.. trees. laying on the couch after clinic I like to just look up and see the tall trees. its peaceful and the sky beyond. Good thinking time. The new house would have that out back on the deck but the bedrooms face tree trunks or the homes on either side (subdivision) and the livingroom the same way. The front windows face another house across the street. Not the forest anymore. That is what is bugging me. Got it last night. I will miss that terribly. I am sure it will be all fine. And Sikesjj your so sweet come live with me lol you would go nuts! me! 4 cats! a grumpy man! sure be right over!!! lol.. I am like you like being away from it all and love not tons of company. I out grew that when I was in my late 30's that need for all that social stuff. Group dinners and big gatherings.. I just want peace. And boy do I love my own routine. mess with that and I am off for the whole day. I wonder what today will bring? one stupid parrot runner (lmao I hate making this thing) and packing and pharmacy and post office to mail and and and.. always and and isn't there?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    So its Jans in Wyoming or the house here in town.
    I live about 6 hours from the border of Wyoming. AND, if I remember correctly, it's only about another hour, hour & half to where Jan is.

Just sayin'.
    Mischief Managed.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    You're right Kelly, I'm about 45 minutes from Laurel. Big pine trees all around my house, have deer, squirrels, rabbits, doves, no wild turkeys but we can get some decoys for you to look at brat. We're ready for you anytime if that's what you and Steve decide, door is always open. And I already know your schedule!!

I had a very busy day. Work at 8am. Had to leave at 930 to take dad to the VA for yearly check up. Back at work by 1. Work to 6. Came home to a full mailbox. I had happy mail from elizabrat!!!! If I were wearing socks, they would be off!! The colors match perfectly in my living room. I got a beautiful table runner that has found it's new home on top of my great-grandfather's wash stand, two mug rugs that now live on either side of the oversized chair (best place to snuggle-I mean watch tv with DH ) and three FQs. I have a pattern for coasters that will look GREAT using them. THANK YOU Linda.

Name:  tablerunner.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  10.0 KBName:  mug rugs.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  7.7 KBName:  tableruuners home.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  2.5 KB

Blog Entries
    It's ready to go on The Six... it's about 46" square now. Hopefully I can get it on & off again tomorrow before the 8 year olds descend on the house for a sleep over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    WOW!!! That is gorgeous, I can't believe it's going to be mine!
    Mischief Managed.

I am finally caught up on the thread. Some how I unsubscribed to it. Guess I did it when I was using my phone. Oh, well!

I missed a birthday. Happy belated birthday, Jamie!!

Hope everyone's Mother's Day was wonderful. DH doesn't have a relationship with his biological mother either. His birthday was Monday and she didn't bother calling. I respect her a a human, just not as a mother. How can you turn away from your own children but accept and do for your step children? Off my soap box before I get myself in trouble.

elizabrat, Tennessee would be a WONDERFUL place to live! We have wildlife (deer, bunnies, raccoons, opossums....), beautiful weather, and country music!

Oh how happy I was to hear from Queen of 2802 she received my package and actually liked it! I didnt take a photo because that would have been too easy so hopefully she will post a pic for you all to see my swap to her. I always love to hear something has arrived. Its like relief 101 ... and another swap is complete for me! I can't wait to swap Christmas with your next run here. I need a wall hanging and I need a welcome sign and I need a.. lol I need to get my tail in gear and make some batik blocks now for traci's swap. get it moving girl get it moving!! finished that tropical runner it came out nice I did way too much quilting on it for my abilities lol and it took me forever but its outta my hair today in dialysis.
    Linda

Name:  P1010019.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  655.8 KB peak of unironed not finished binding..
    Linda

it really isnt ripply like that just took a picture in my dark livingroom cant see crud through the view finder! its tropical its got green I should be ok.. she is also in her 80's so is her sister so maybe bad eyesite could come into play. crossing fingers. lol
    Linda

OMG I love those parrots! How stinkin adorable is that!? I love it!!!

thanks sweetpea that is awfully nice of you to say so. I am sick of parrots lol. She wanted those colors in the hibiscus and she wanted green I couldnt find both.. my last one was perfect the one I used for juanitabean but couldnt find it anywhere on the web. so I went with this. I would much rather have used aqua with it myself but alas that is not green argh.. so this was my plan b. free what can she complain about? a lot apparently if she does I might take it back kid you not. mean old me.
    Linda

I got lucky on my last trip to Joann's & got turquoise marble fabric. The girl said they hardly ever have it & when they do, it sells out fast. I got what little they had left!

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat very pretty.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Junebillie is that a big rock in the shelf with your baby kitty? Mine are always checking out the rocks, the cereal the.. anything that is not theirs

think I will go ask queen of 2802 if she can post a pic.. crossing fingers we will see!
    Linda

Elizabrat, pictures are posted in #280. But I could take new pictures. I do love looking at them. My DD noticed right off that the room looked different and loved them too!!

OK ladies, we're halfway there! How's everyone coming along?

I'll be clearing the junk out of my sewing room today & doing some cleanup. I still can't get in after all the stuff that was hidden in there when we had company Wednesday night. I really need more space, but that's not going to happen. I've gotta figure out how to reconfigure some things to make better use of what I have.

Blog Entries
    Well, I just finished quilting my "item" on The Six (long-arm). I am still not used to every thread requiring different tensions and I think I need a house elf to just take care of that part for me each time... *sigh*.

Binding on Tuesday and hopefully out in the mail by Friday!
    Mischief Managed.

I must be blind queen of 2802 I have gone back and over again never found your picture posting but surely it is there ..

I am officially letting all of you know I am moving in with Jaba permanently.We will be her houseguests from hell and we have no intention of ever moving out. The cats theyare moving in with her too. She adores cats so much a little bit of major allergies wont be too bad. They make large pills for that ok ok we are not moving in permanently with her. We are moving to Wyoming however so maybe I will be closer to a few of you? We did some long hard thinking over this the last few days and decided its a good move and a new grand adventure for us. So between June 10 and July 10th I will be leaving CA for good. I am ready for new. AND the cats are coming with me so I can not gift them to Jaba. Breaks your heart Jan I know but they are mine and will have to hair up my house not yours. xox
    Linda

I have decided to have a packing party. Come over. pack my stuff! I will feed you, get you drunk as you like or serve perfectly grand tea to you in your favorite flavor or perhaps a latte? I will not pack you will. YOu can decide what I move what stays. I am on the brutal don't need it mode. Usually this means I start looking for something after I move only to recall I obviously got rid of it. this is me yuppers ...

I was online half the nite so pooped out today another nap sounds ok in my books. I am going to try to finish my first set of blocks for the batik swap. I only signed up for 3 sets of blocks but right now 18 sounds like a ton. I need things done before I move so this is a crunch item. only three days a week I am good for anything clinic days are not part of those days AND I need to pack this house. Oh reality show where are you now? bring those super pack it up people take my stuff to a new place suprise me with my stuff set up all gorgeous in a new setting! oh yeah! and throw bouquets of fresh flowers in like 10 places because that is the way I always live (ha).

anyone want a gorgeous turkish van cross type cat? black with all silver underhair who loves to butt faces with you so you know he wants love right now? he is my oakland raider cat gorgeous needs billion hours of loving? no? ok hows about an extremely pretty long hair dilute with gorgeous huge green eyes who is extremely shy takes a long long time to warm up to you never ever will sit in your lap and likes to destroy window frames from clawing? she is truly pretty if you forget the destructive part? well I see I a not selling a lot of cats today so I guess packing them up is probably in the future too.. sigh. they were such a deal too!
    Linda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Don't know about "hairing" up your house, wasn't too hairy when I was there you make very sure of that. However you can have them no problem, they love you!! Just get that lady to help you pack and that man of yours, he can too! I'm searching for just the right house and it will be found. With trees, flowers and a lawn so you don't have the forest mud anymore. Oh and it needs to be fairly close so we can have our sewing times every now and then. We'll just have to remember to actually sew, maybe we should write that down so one of us will remember.

well we could have a bulls...ious adventure FIRST then when we got tired yapping we could have a silent moment sewing bee! this I can do!! and close is a requirement not an option. so keep your beepers open!! I hate hair too so I will try to keep it low enough at all times you can come over for coffee too! I am thinking ixnay on the having someone help. Steve can help move stuff.he is good with that. If I can get those two couches out of here this week goal I will start moving and lining up boxes in the fireplace are and this way its all in one place which I personally love and it opens up rooms for wall cleaning, repainting what needs repainting, cleaning carpets emptying rooms. move it forward. I will leave this stupid place as clean if not more so then what we moved in with. Its only right .. so work is piling up as I speak. best get my tail in gear and start working .. oh joy.
    Linda

Just got off the phone with Elisabrat, my family and I are ok. We live about 20 miles away from Moore but I am wanting to put some lap quilts together for the victims, there are two elementary school that were hit and one is expected to have at least 2 dozen fatalities. Some friends lost their home and their little boys are okay, the daycare was close to the path of the tornado. Treasureit has started a post under the donations page, about quilts for the victims, as soon as I know anything more I will let everyone know. Please continue to pray and have positive thoughts!

sign me up sikesjj I am going to see what she has posted. thanks for the heads up on where to go.. we are ever thankful you and your family are ok. I will pray those tornados take a break for a while so people can start rebuilding their lives again. how devistating the whole thing is. so sad.

i am calling the new dialysis unit today when I get home. I need your prayers they have an open chair or two. Small places like this and the one I am in have a waiting list sometimes so best get on it right now..sad part is most of the time someone has to not make it in order to get that spot so not wishing for that either. just wishing for a spot.
    Linda

We had a moving party when we moved in our old house. It was a gargantuan move. We bought my ex-in-law's house (this was in 1997 & he & I were still married), which was 20 minutes straight out in the woods from where we lived. In order for us to move in the house, we had to get them moved out, and they were moving 20 minutes the opposite direction of where we were moving out of. So, we all met at our house and loaded the truck. Then went to the house we were moving into and they moved everything they could out of the living and dining rooms and we emptied the truck into those 2 rooms & refilled the truck with their stuff, then drove to their new apt and emptied it, then drove back to our old house for another load and made the circle again. Then we went back to our old house and had a cleaning party before going to the house we were moving into and having a big cookout for everyone. The guys couldn't stand that the furniture wasn't all in place, so they went to work on it while the ladies unpacked the whole kitchen in about an hour. Man, we were exhausted!

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast