Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM

i shipped to jamie. jamie is working on mine. 8-) there is no problem with it.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 AM

Yay! Happy campers! Jamie had asked me for an extended deadline & I knew you knew about it, so it's all good.

My growling tummy agrees, lol. Guess I better grab a granola bar on the way out to work!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 AM

nancia what grand projects are you working on now? I am once again commited to : 2 round robins, one wall hanging, 31 boom blocks really not much at all if you think about it. I prefer not to think about it. I am struggling with this round robin. I have four corners. they should all be square one is rectangle? I measure top to bottom side to side length to length all seems fine but obviously its not fine .. so back to trying to fix that today. I didnt sew yesterday. I watched Jan iron. almost counts as sewing

granola bar? for breakfast? yikes. how about a nice peach and toast and eggs? now that is breakfast.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:50 AM

ok no eggs dustysmomma. you can skip the eggs. sigh. grand protein and all. broccoli steamed on rice then. nice protein also .. filling and well no? I love veggies for breakfast with my fruit and stuff. In fact I have become the leftover food for breakfast queen. I have to eat or I feel like crud so a hearty plate of chow mein in the morning.. ok with me. now I am hungry and its all your fault!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 AM

Oh no, there shall be no eggs and no veggies for breakfast. Fruit's fine. Anything bread. But my favorite thing is cheese grits with bacon pieces in it! MMM! Funny thing is, the man doesn't like grits, except for shrimp & grits, and thinks that breakfast is only for breakfast. Me, I could eat cheese grits with bacon it in for any meal & be happy. Since I can make them in the microwave, I sometimes do for dinner when I'm home alone.

It takes me too long to get awake in the mornings to eat before I leave most of the time. I usually am not even coherent enough to fix my own coffee until it's too late to have time to drink it before it's time to get in the shower for work. So, most mornings I do without anything until I'm ready to leave. A lot of days I get to work & I'm suddenly hungry. Sometimes I just work through it & other days I'm lucky & remembered to grab something. I have 1 cheerios cereal & milk bar left in my desk now. I'm even out of chocolate!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:47 PM

well, bratt, since you have asked..... i have been making doll clothes. since i have identical twin boys i have to make boy items in doubles , so i made 2 pair of cargo pants. i am looking for my miniature buttons and then they will be ready to go.i have a special little girl i have made several doll clothes for including 2 dresses, s tee shirt, shorts, jeans and 2 tank tops, oh, and pj's and robe. then for fancy nancy (doll, my alter ego) i've made a jumper, jeans, tank top and shorts. it's as easy to cut out 2 or 3 at a time and then chain sew.
i finished olivia Lulu's pink birthday dress and have sent it off to tx to be tried on. i took it in quite a bit and might be too small. also, i have to put my borders on turned 25, and am making a rail fence quilt. then i will do the olivia lulu red sparkly tutu dress and can pack for texas. figure that dress will take at most 1 night to do. i want to make a tablerunner for my ddil as a hostess gift, and maybe 1 for my dd, just because. those are lower priority. i have drowned my african violet, and it was doing so well! i think the kitchen cleaner sprayed a lot of water around and didn't realize the saucer was full. then when i did my monday feeding i heard gurgling and gasping. poor, poor thing. it was so sweet! too much time on my hands, but i am getting things done!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 AM

ok Nancia your wearing me out! all that little detail work. yikes! I am thinking you should join Jan and I for dinner out tonight. In fact everyone come on!! we are going to Mexican and margaritas (hey hey Nancia) and I think if we ask nicely they cna just deliver a trough of them for us to share! surely at least the first round or four. I am looking forward to this night out. I took my prescribed by Jaba nap. She was under some silly impression I might be cranky without one. Now I am home free.. oh its only 1:30 crud waiting waiting waiting.. guess I will go cut a block out for the boom swap. pretty purple pink blue on pink with glitter butterfly fabric for a little girl who will just love this.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:10 PM

Ooh, I have some glitter butterfly fabric too! I got all 4 colors though, lol. I just love it!

Yes, I agree, you needed a nap Linda, lol. Then again, I did too. Apparently my body was under the impression that since I went to bed early last night, I needed to be up before 6am this morning. Uh huh, I showed it! I took a 2 hour nap. The man had me beat though. He got up an hour after I did, and took a 3 hour nap. The buzzard!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:43 PM

i just saw the dress on olivia and it is tight in the bodice. drat!! so i can let it out when i get there or make a new one. i'll do the minnie mouse dress first and then if time allows, the extra birthday dress. no, she is Not spoiled. but i'm working on it!! lol!! she has 3 g'mothers and so we all try to dial it back a bit so there's room for all of us and o doesn't become intolerable. i went to bed at 8:30a.m. and woke at 9:30 a.m. to answer the phone and then slept till one. then i got up and made strip sets for my quilt. the doll clothes are fun to do! it's not diddly work. i'm glad none of the girls are into barbies! i made so many barbie clothes when i was a kid! to me the fun part of dolls is changing their outfits. i still can't find my camera. double grrrrr!
kitten and i took a shower together. she was covered in flea dust and the water ran red for such a long time! and she has been on continuous flea preventative and the yard has been done. poor baby! as soon as she is dry i will put new flea stuff on her. we are in the middle of a thunderstorm. man, is it coming down! i have a surge protector on this thing so it should be ok. if it blows up you'll read about me in the papers! it'll be all over! (yuck! bad pun!!) lol she wants to go outside. great-- she didn't like the shower but the rain is ok! she's such a girl!!
i need to get up and going. i'm about as dry as i'm going to get on this rainy day! i need to decide what to do with my strip sets, hmmmmm......... any ideas? ( no naps for me today. if i can sleep tonight i can go play at sue's house tomorrow! have i mentioned my car is broken? and no a/c. so it's takes dh's car on the week end. will see about getting mine fixed next week (this coming one, whatever).
Old 07-13-2013, 08:36 PM

Nancy use a tiny bit of dawn to wash her next time it also helps with the fleas. just don't do the head. I am surprised to hear that frontline or advantage would still allow her to get fleas? how is this? even a couple drops on the back of the neck cures that issue for a good while. I hate fleas. I don't do fleas and having had a kitten rescue have bathed my share of unexcited kittens. even 2-3 week old ones. too many fleas can kill those tiny guys. sorry surely you know this. you might not be able to keep them out of the yard but you can keep them off your cats. Hertz does NOT work, flea collars keep fleas off necks period. You need industrial unfortunately.

ok you did not join us for dinner. Can you believe it they did not have margaritas? no troughs nothing. They did however have excellent Mexican food and we had excellent company so two out of three not bad at all. I came home sooo bone cold figured its me, dialysis and pooped perhaps. That and a whole lot of wind. I reflected on how lucky I am to be here. You see not too long ago Steve had said he always wanted to visit Yellowstone. I said go have a nice time those days of traveling are over for me. I knew I could not take that kind of car trip to vacation anywhere. Then life changes and Jan says come to Wyoming you will love it here. I ponder back and forth and we decide what the heck one place is as good as another to end up. The drive stunned me. being here is humbling in a whole different way. Don't get me wrong I love the Sierra's tremendously. But here.. its peaceful. I needed peace so much in my life. I am thankful for the prod and am soaking it all in. country, mountains, winds, antelope (cute buggers) and well the little cottontails that run around are indeed adorable. oh and the people are nice. (except at social security but who could blame them working there?).. high five Jan. You were so right.