Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Sorry to hear you have had family in the hospital Kay, had hoped to complete the centre by yesterday but wasn't to be. So close but not close enough.

I don't mind taking another picture of it before I send it off just wasn't sure if you wanted to see it as we went along or not.

Have a good week
Kathleen
Old 10-05-2010, 06:57 AM

I would love to see it!!! If anyone else in the group doesn't want to see their center as we go...now would be the time to say so. My brother-in-law has a blood clot in his leg...my sister had a major stroke almost three years ago and can't do for herself let alone him. We are making it and he is getting better hope to get him out of the hospital sometime this week. Thanks! Kay
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 AM

I want to see mine as we go, waiting till the end would drive me nuts!! lol!!

Prayers for family Kay!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 AM

Thank you jamh! It would be a very short drive for me to be crazy right now...LOL!!! Way too much to do...can't seem to get it all done in a day...not too happy buy what can you do? All I can do is the best I can and hope to get the rest done later.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 AM

Vicki's center is still "speaking" to me. We have almost come to the final decision. Have the fabric - making a decision of what to do with it is next - something simple - it is only 3" or something a little more complicated?? Still playing around with it, kind of leaning toward simple, but still playing with complicated. It is hanging on my board where I look at it every day. Is every border going to be this intense? My husband thinks I have lost what little mind I have -LOL I was planning on taking picture - may need group advice - so Vicki - if you don't want to see it - please let me know. I hope everyone is having as much fun with this as I am. I joined this to make me think outside my comfort zone and it is REALLY working!! I am enjoying every moment! (well most of them anyway :)
Old 10-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Jackie, sounds like your having fun :lol: I was thinking the same thing; "will each one be as intense?" and then decided, probably not as each round increases in size so more room to play with.

I have finished the border for Kay’s centre with one tiny little exception and hope to finish that next week. From the sounds of it two of us are on a similar wave length so should be interesting once the pictures are up.

Cheers
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 PM

Of course I want to see pics as my borders are added. How could anyone wait a whole year? Hope mine speaks softly- simple would be fine as it was a busy center. I will be happy with whatever you think looks best.
I have maybe1day's center up on the design wall and most of the border in place- need one more color and hope to get it tomorrow. I have had a distraction this week as I walk with a close friend through a very difficult situation and haven't been able to sew.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Hope things are better for your friend vbourck. We lost my sister's husband last Thursday. He was in the hospital one week...blood clot in his leg...threw a clot and it hit his heart...they could not put in filter...too blocked and scar tissue. He will be missed. I almost have Margaret's center bordered for the first time. It is really difficult since the border is sooooooooo small this time...I really feel it will get easier as we go...after all this is our first time...we will get a better idea of what we need to do as time passes. We probably won't be "comfortable" until it is all over!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Sorry to here about your brother inlaw! prayers for your family!!

I to hope it gets easier as it goes!! I'm still looking and thinking about my border!!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 PM

So very sorry to hear the sad news regarding your brother in law Kay.

Blessing
Kathleen