Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 PM

That's awesome!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM

It looks great! Thank you!
This should be some motivation for the rest of us to get going and get some pics up- we have been really quiet on this thread-I expect it is because of all the holiday activities. Glad we have a little time after Christmas to work on these.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM

Looks lovely jamh, I am going to start feeling under the pressure gun soon though now someone has put up photos of finished second rounds :lol:

As an aside - Hi ladies, I have been away on vacation for 3 weeks and so have not had the opportunity to read what has been going on. Seems from Vicki's comments though that we have remained true to form and it has been quiet so I may not have missed much after all. :D

Have to confess that after the initial peek at the second centre I have not so much as even looked at possible fabric combination's let alone thought about what I may do with it and so I am guessing it is time I took her out, hung her up and let her start speaking. Well hopefully. I shant be making any moves towards actually doing anything with her though until after New Year as I have what looks like the aftermath of world war 3 in my house and am still to prepare for Christmas :lol:

Maybe1day
Old 12-23-2010, 10:02 AM

Yes...I understand! Christmas will be over for me Sunday when I come back home from my son's house. It sounds terrible, but I am ready to get back to normal!!! Not much time to sew/quilt with all this Christmas stuff to do...LOL. Haven't had time to even check the Board much, but have been working on my round...hope it turns out like I have pictured in my head...NO EARLY PEEKS...will surprise everyone including myself...hope to post pictures next week!!! Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas has a wonderful holiday and those that celebrate differently also have a great family time.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:41 PM

Thank you Kherrin for the sentiments, while I find Christmas to be my most favourite time of the year I have to confess to being totally disorganized this year in spite of my good intentions and feeble attempts to be otherwise. Actually I have been this way for three years now so maybe it is time I made a "New Years Resolution" to change this? :lol: We all know how these things tend to pan out though :D
Old 12-24-2010, 08:46 AM

This is my off year for Christmas...no little grandchildren at the house. When the little ones are at the house every room in my house including the bathrooms are decorated. I have an outside tree that the grandchildren and I make birdseed and peanut butter ornaments for the birds...decorate my yard and hang garland around the rails of my patio. Last year I had seven (7...yeah 7) christmas trees...now granted the two in the bathrooms were small and on the vanity. My DH told his children he was afraid to lay down for a nap (he is retired on medical disability) because he might wake up with christmas lights all over him...so I gave him a Santa's cap with lights.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
This is my off year for Christmas...no little grandchildren at the house. When the little ones are at the house every room in my house including the bathrooms are decorated. I have an outside tree that the grandchildren and I make birdseed and peanut butter ornaments for the birds...decorate my yard and hang garland around the rails of my patio. Last year I had seven (7...yeah 7) christmas trees...now granted the two in the bathrooms were small and on the vanity. My DH told his children he was afraid to lay down for a nap (he is retired on medical disability) because he might wake up with christmas lights all over him...so I gave him a Santa's cap with lights.
LOL... I might have to do that with my DH... we don't decorate except for a tree because of limited mobility and if any gets done, it's because my dd and dgd come and do it.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:26 PM

My goodness Kay, I did laugh at the image of your poor DD decorated like a Christmas tree. Wonderful
I love to decorate and have missed not being able to do so but am determined next year that I will get everything out and do so. We have but a few decorations out on the table this year and no tree not even the mini one. Very poor in that department but really it doesn’t matter as all that does is the true meaning of the day not the frivolities (although I do enjoy them). Missed the carols by candlelight this year so will look forward to them next year.
Merry Christmas fellow sisters of the quilts, may you all have wonderful days filled with lots of memories and be safe.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 PM

Yesterday I took my current centre down to my LQS shopping for fabric now that I have decided what to do this time round.
Found some very pretty fabric which I hope Margaret will like when she sees it.

After much deliberation I have decided that I need to add an extra border to square the whole centre out and thus making it more easily dividable for working out the size of the blocks needed for this round. It is currently 23 and (and I have forgotten) " and no matter what I did I just couldn't get the maths to come out.

Anyway the extra border isn't much as finished it will only be an extra 1 1/4" but made the difference with the working out. Should also make it easier for the next person to work out their next round.

Had intended to go to the other fabric shops in town particularly as one of them has a buy 2 get 1 free offer but was so hectic on the roads and in the grocery store that I gave up and came home.

Maybe1day :D
Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 AM

Sounds good to me...I am getting closer to being finished with the center of jamh...I hope she likes it...always nervous time working on someone else's stuff.