Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 04-10-2011, 03:53 PM

Vicki I have mailed out the latest centre to you, registered post last Friday so hopefully you will receive it in just over a weeks time now.
I have a picture but just have to wait for someone to sort it out for me and take it off the camera (technically challenged I am)

On another note, there has been a bit of chatter on the board about gardens and what else one does such as canning maybe? so what do you girls get up to in your "spare" (when not working or quilting)

We have a large garden and attempt to grow enough to meet all our vegetable and fruit needs, so far so good and I am finding we also have plenty to give away. At the moment we are in fall here so I have pulled out most of the garden and refurbished the beds ready for the late fall and early winter plants. Hope to tend the fruit trees this week. Also been working on the terraced garden beds beside and across the front of our house.

Over the weekend I transplanted 3 pots of very root bound Scarborough Lillies into a permanent two garden beds across the side of my DHs shed. These bulbs had quite a few new ones with roots underneath so I have potted up half a dozen for a friend and the rest I will pot up today to sell in the spring at a craft week.

On the quilting front I have a few items on the go for the craft stall as well as a nice quilt for a house warming gift for son (his first house is being built) and a couple of charity comfort quilts for kids.
These are for the most part going to take a back seat as we have just had our house pre wired and so I will be needed to help with putting insulation in the walls and then putting up the gyp rock. Can't wait till we are at the stage of finishing off my sewing room :lol: Well that is where I am at so what have you all been up to?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 PM

I have most of the border pieced but not all put together yet. My husband is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow so not sure how much sewing I will get done this week. His surgery date got moved up so I thought I still had time to get this finished by deadline, hoping I will still make it but may be a few days late mailing. Just wanted to let you know.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Best wishes for successful surgery for your husband Vicki

Maybe1day
Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Hope surgery goes well Vickie...it will be fine if you are a little late. Don't worry take care of DH first. Good luck. Kay
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM

My husband had his surgery and is home now, in pain but doing OK. I am working on finishing my round. Here it is -mailing date and we have only seen ONE center done for this round. Is everyone else done or still busy getting finished? Time to mail, I should be done by Monday and able to mail then.
I want to see MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:43 PM

mailed my center but I cannot for the life of me find my camera - so no picture - so sorry - the one that is here is looking very nice -
Old 04-16-2011, 08:58 PM

I think I already posted that I mailed my centre out last Monday, you should be receiving it sometime this week Vicki. It was sent registered post; (possibly by the end of the week)

Glad to hear your hubby is out of hospital and home again albeit in some pain. I am sure that as he heals he will improve in all ways health wise.

I shall try and post a picture of the last centre I completed in a short while or

Maybe1day
Old 04-17-2011, 06:33 PM

Jackie I received the package friday! Beautiful center, this one wil be a challenge for me! :)

I will post a picture of it in the morning!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 AM

I sent the one I was working on to Maybe1day last week...picture is in camera will have to make myself learn to download pictures.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Well here is picture of Amy's centre as it was when I sent it out last week. I hope that it is acceptable. Well I hope it is Amy's centre, poor memory here :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-186071.jpe