Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 AM

I hope that my SP will pick up their package soon too ..Not sure when they go to the Post office though..This Tuesday will be a week that it has been sitting there..So hopefully soon..Diana

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Secret swap partner, remember the Mamas and Poppas song "Monday, Monday?" I've changed it to "Tuesday, Tuesday" because that is when you check your mail. LOL
Wish you would get it on Monday because that is my birthday.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 AM

Opps, I am guilty too of sending pictures of things that I am working on But, your right..Its just that this is where I am comfortable and feel at home at..Will do better at sending things to where they should go to..I promise..Diana
Old 01-22-2012, 04:22 AM

Just wanted to let you Ladies know that they love my Chili at the Cookoff. I took 2nd place!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 AM

I have to agree well said Lori!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Well said, Lori!!!
THank you LORI....I for one had considered not playing any more because the swap thread was no longer about the swap! To find the pix or posts about the swap you had to read/scan through hundreds of posts that pertained to anything but this swap. I do not feel the swap thread is the place to promote your own store! SO many of the 1400+ posts in this thread really needed their thread, a blog or a simple PM!
Please consider keeping the swap threads to swap talk only!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Swap Hosts

How about a Secret Pal Friends Chit Chat thread? We've made so many nice friends here and I think it would be fun to share what we're up to. I'll start one and if you want, come on over!

Here's the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...t-t176532.html

Last edited by Krystyna; 01-22-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 AM

Default Thank you Secret Pal.

Thank you mizkyp in PA for a lovely package. I am trying to post a picture of it. I loved everything: Reeses Pieces that I loved, heart pins I can always use, quilting tape and cute little scissors. I will enjoy using the yard of heart fabric and I can hardly wait to start on the heart wall hanging.
Attached Thumbnails 1-1912_0001.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Margie and I were mutual Secret pals in January. This was first time this happened to either of us. We both loved our packages.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Well said, Lori!!!
me too, agree fully
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM

Yes !!! Thanks Lori !!!!

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Our Swap thread seems to have taken a wrong turn. Much of the things that are being posted on the swap thread were things that we used to post under pictures or in other areas, before the change over. Because we feel so comfortable in our group of friends that we are posting other items that do not pertain to the swap. I myself am guilty! I feel much more comfortable posting pictures of things that I am working on or have finished on this thread but it is taking up way to much room . I do not mean that the banter needs to stop, that is what makes this so much fun! The hints with the zip codes and the mileage of how far away your package is going and in what direction are all part of the fun. But things are getting out of hand.
The RAK is a wonderful idea but it needs it’s own thread and not the swap thread. There actually is a RAK thank you thread that should be used for RAK questions and thank yous.
People who have a lot to say every day about a lot of different things might want to consider a blog of their own, where we could check in and see what is happening everyday.
The next thing I want to talk about is regifting. It has been discussed before, but again things are getting out of hand! I do not think that it is right to send something that someone has personally made for you to someone else the next month or in some instances the same month! This is not just a matter of good manners, it is rude and hurtful! To pass off something that someone made for you on to your next secret pal and take credit for having made it yourself is just not right.
I have had a number of complaints in the quality of gifts that are being sent out. If you can not afford to send a nice package for the month then DO NOT SIGN UP! It is that easy. Just skip a month! Most of the packages are very generous and is some cases amazing, but some are shameful. Again if you can not send a nice package staying with the limit, then DO NOT SIGN UP! Don’t send a package that is an embarrassment, you are not fooling anyone and again it is hurtful to be treated like you do not deserve something as nice as what you sent out or what is being posted on the thread.