Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM

I have tried to please the ones who are sending me pms complaining.And you know what, I'm tired of it. I simply stated that we were sraying from the swap. You all go ahead and continue as things are and have been. I just don't care anymore. The rules are stated o the first page Havplenty just follow them and have fun. I am just the "bean counter". Sorry to have stirred up a hornets nest, that was not my intent. And brenda what rude comments are you talking about? The excessive babbling is mostly what I was referring to, not the happenings in our everyday lives, and what we are working on.

Last edited by Lori Peercy; 01-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I have tried to please the ones who are sending me pms complaining.And you know what, I'm tired of it. I simply stated that we were sraying from the swap. You all go ahead and continue as things are and have been. I just don't care anymore. The rules are stated o the first page Havplenty just follow them and have fun. I am just the "bean counter". Sorry to have stirred up a hornets nest, that was not my intent. And brenda what rude comments are you talking about? The excessive babbling is mostly what I was referring to, not the happenings in our everyday lives, and what we are working on.
Lori, you're doing a great job running the group and swap, don't change a darn thing! The haters can leave since there are less of them than the rest of us who feel the same. The rude comments you were referring to came from ONE person in particular that I could see and they know who they are. It's my understanding this person likes to create chaos wherever she goes. The rest of the group, including myself, are behind u 1000%!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:41 PM

Lori, you are doing a great job and my comment was not meant towards you and I should have clarified that. What I meant was the following: last month when one of our swappers lost her grandchild suddenly and we were all sending our condolenses, a very rude comment was put up about someone not knowing if this was the swap thread with all the other comments going on...that was beyond inconsiderate no matter how you feel about the postings. Someone LOST A CHILD!!! The comment was RUDE!! Now this month a comment is made about people not pushing their shops on us. Since there was only one person who was excited about her new shop, it was obvious that was who the comment was directed to. She could have been sent a pm by the annoyed person rather than singled out on the thread; which in my opinion is rude!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Wow everyone,ya all have some good points.Please don't attack each other.Remember we are friends first on this thread.Or I hope we still are. Mary
Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM

poor lori with all she has to deal with including me. lori you are doing a fantastic job with all of us.

to anyone else i do believe there is an ignore feature with this new board. me, i have a large virtual mute button that i use to help me gloss over chat that i may personally not be interested in reading. is it possible that the consistently negative commenter can be put on mute, either real or virtual? just a thought. i'm gonna try the board mute on this one myself.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM

Default Pizza Cutter, Indead!~

I worked at Joanns for several years and one day this really cute, very old couple came in. The lady needed some tulle for a party decoration. As they were looking around I could see that they might as well have been in a jungle somewhere. I asked if I could help them find something and she told me what she wanted. As I was leading her to the Tulle we passed an Olfa display. She said "Oh dear, they even sell pizza cutters here, how nice."

So, you just never know.

Gail
Sweetwater Quilter
Old 01-22-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter View Post
I worked at Joanns for several years and one day this really cute, very old couple came in. The lady needed some tulle for a party decoration. As they were looking around I could see that they might as well have been in a jungle somewhere. I asked if I could help them find something and she told me what she wanted. As I was leading her to the Tulle we passed an Olfa display. She said "Oh dear, they even sell pizza cutters here, how nice."

So, you just never know.

Gail
Sweetwater Quilter
Too funny and too cute!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:18 PM

Default My apologies

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr View Post
Wanted to share with you all my recent reminder that it is dangerous to jump to conclusions and also that we should give folks the benefit of the doubt. I was waiting in line for a hot chocolate and there were a number of people ahead of me. The man directly in front of me was texting on his phone. When it came his turn to order the gal behind the counter asked if she could help him and he didn't respond at all. She asked a second time, but he continued texting and didn't respond. Obviously a little miffed she looked and me and asked if she could help me. While she was waiting on me, the man looked up at me and I just kind of smiled and shrugged my shoulders. The other gal behind the counter asked him if she could help him and he proceed to point and sign his order, obviously deaf. I suppose it could be argued that he shouldn't have been texting in line, but then I think what a blessing cell phones that text must be to deaf people.
I was behind reading and didn't see Lori's note about posting off-topic. So sorry.

Deby
Old 01-22-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr View Post
I was behind reading and didn't see Lori's note about posting off-topic. So sorry.

Deby
Not to worry Norwich, everything is cool now we can post as usual Nobody has to participate in this swap who doesn't want to.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM

Lori,
You do a wonderful job!!!
Thanks for all of your hard work.
Margie