Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >
  • July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

• July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 AM

cuppy-- your 4th sounds wonderful! we spent a quiet day at home and listened to all the fireworks our neighbors were firing off. i was so proud of kitten, this is the first year she just ignored the whole thing, not one bark! she has come such a long way! monkey never barks, well, very very rarely. we thought she was mute until she was about a year old. and then she came out with a very deep, very funny bark, ahhhh,woop. and i think she may have barked 6 times in the past 7 yrs. she's the kind that would lead the thieves to the silver and her food bowl. so not a watchdog!
    my big news is---wait for it---- my new brother arrived! it's the se400. sewing and embroidery machine. i plan to use it just for embroidery once i figure out how. i am still reading the instruction manual. anybody have a suggestion of best threads and stabilizers? i am totally new to this! and vicky sent oodles of goodies! fabric and scraps, quilting gloves, stencils, a baggie full of little goodies like clips and seamripper, and thread! WOWZER! i had to go get another bookcase! my sewing area looks like ww3! oh, sooo much fun! i am such a lucky girl!!
    and adding to the fun, psychomom and i are going crazy, so expect anything!! i have too many ideas!! ooooo, i love it!!
    Old 07-06-2012, 06:53 AM

nancia~know you've been waiting on your machine...glad it arrived in time for the weekend hahah...have fun!!
    Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 AM

It is good to see Cuppy posting. She is my partner, and I hope she likes what I am cooking up! Also, I picked up a late signer-upper and haven't heard from her yet!! Tapping my fingers waiting for her reply. I have hers started, too. Can't wait to send and receive. This is such fun!!
    Old 07-06-2012, 11:41 AM

thanks brenda! don't know how i can avoid having fun! well, once i finish reading the manual......
    Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Woohoo!! I mailed off my DQ to my partner (978Gray)! Now, time to work on.... August? LOL
    Old 07-06-2012, 12:14 PM

krystyna-- are we doing solid colors in august? or is it still unthemed? ( my silly computer doesn't think that's a word! huh! time to get an apple!!)
    Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
    Swap Hosts

Nancia, congrats on the new machine. I know you'll love it. As for stabilizers, etc. there is an embroidery thread on the board with lots of knowledgeable people there. I use all kinds ... lots of wash away for my veils and a great cheap cotton tear away for tea towels.

Theme for August is solids in an Amish style quilt. But, as always, its optional.

Sorry for not being around a lot. I am so backed up on everything in my life. Need to answer PMs, get stuff out the door, blah, blah, blah ... DH is done with vacation soon so things will be back to normal. Whatever that is.
    Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM

thanks, k! i admit , i am excited. but i need to get off the computer soo, and finish reading the manual! i haven;t even plugged him in.
    i get very little done when dh is around, ( read that as equaling nothing), so i admire you're achieving anything! i love having a theme, even tho' i go off the path often. wish there was a way i could help!
    Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by nancia
    thanks, k! i admit , i am excited. but i need to get off the computer soo, and finish reading the manual! i haven;t even plugged him in.
    i get very little done when dh is around, ( read that as equaling nothing), so i admire you're achieving anything! i love having a theme, even tho' i go off the path often. wish there was a way i could help!
    It took me a couple of months to even take my first one out of the box!

As for hubsters, right now he is actually helping me by serging lace tubes, stuffing them with potpourri and turning them into the sachets I send out with everything!
    But we're both getting hungry ... so will be derailed again soon. Even though it's Friday (no meat, semi fast) I'm going to take him out to dinner somewhere since he took overtime on his last two days of vacation.
    Old 07-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Back from my trip my quilt was done before I left wanted to make sure partner will get hers in time. We've been in touch several times. Temp here 104 today and tomorrow,NO rain since June 1st!!!!!!!