Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 07-04-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I can appreciate sore...DH & I finally graduated to walking up and down our hilly streets and boy howdy does my "well you know" feel it! LOL! We've been doing it two weeks now and I keep thinking it will get easier, but not so far. I have both my little DQ's pinned and ready to machine quilt. Taking the day off to go on a picnic with friends...Happy 4th everyone!
Golly, I wonder what little treasures you came up with for the DQ swap. I am getting very anxious to see. Know it will be good.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:02 PM

I finished my top. Now to layer it and start quilting. I walked almost 6 miles today and I am very tired. LOL. Hope the 4th of JUly is happy for one and all. I live right in back of Knott's Berry Farm and we have overcast today so we maynot be able to see the fireworks tonight if this marine layer doesn't lift.
But I can smell all the Bar B Que's starting up and kids lighting fire crackers. We are having tacos and then just doing what ever. I sure do miss the Boston Pops Fireworks sitting on the banks of the Charles River. SIGH.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

I am doing some machine embroidery for my partner. So far I am
LOVING the way everything is looking (although I only have 2 small
blocks done.

But there will be NO mistaking that it is patriotic LOL.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 PM

I put the binding on mine a bit ago. I hope I got all the glitches out of it! For some reason my thread was bunching up!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM

No pressure on my Partner, But, I am almost done as well. Tomorrow, I just need to put the label on my quilt. And it will be already to go. Hope to have it off to you by the weekend.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 PM

I spent the whole day with family and friends! I'm visiting my daughter in NYS and it was very nice to see family I don't see often. My brother hosted a BBQ the adults sat in little groups catching up while the kids played in the pool. Now, Grandma is getting some alone time while the rest of the household is off to see the fireworks.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Juanita, I'm sure I'll love it I'm not sure if I am leaving here the 11th or the 16th. I'm getting antsy to get back to my own surroundings. I love coming here but after a couple of weeks I miss home.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Spent the afternoon sewing with the girls .... almost finished a quilt for my neighbor who is taking chemo ....
and have my little mini all cut out ........ lol....has been a wonderful 4th .... my son smoked brisket, ribs, and
sausage and made all the trimmings ... it was a good day .... Happy Fourth to all ...
Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 PM

i had a lovely day today with dh. we watched old movies featuring the 4th, went to 2 hdware stores for faucet parts they didn't have, then shopping at tar-get for p'nut butter, watched the macy's fireworks on tv and i added a border to my latest tumbler quilt. i so love my go!! i got carried away and cut enough tumblers to make 2 quilts, and still have some left over! it's so fast and easy! gotta love it! and, speaking of love, tomorrow i should receive my 'new to me' brother embroidery machine!!! it has been used once to piece a lap quilt, that's it! and it has an extra hoop. all for less than half price of a new one. sooo sweet!! and it comes with complimentary fabric, and i'll accept a compliment any time i can get one! i will post pics after i finish unpacking it! it is coming from a friend i met on this board. she was a wonderful support for me when i was going thru really bad times last year and early this year. she asked to quilt some quilts for me as she likes to use her longarm, so i sent her two. i made a jacket for her in the quilting in the new year swap. her daughter liked it, so i made one for her. and our friendship just flourishes. a friend of hers is looking for a serger, and as a young mother of 3 little ones, can't afford to pay much. wouldn't you know it, i have a serger in a never been opened box from 22(?) yrs ago. so for postage the young mom will have a 'new' serger. it's so much fun to do something for someone who will really be happy because of it! anyway, i love my friend and i am so glad we met and it's all due to this board! that is by far the best thing about swaps!!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Swap Hosts

Nancia, aren't you a sweetheart! I agree, I love the people I've met on this board. Back later ... I need to pull weeds before the sun is too hot.