Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 07-05-2012, 04:31 AM

Nancia, what a way to pass it forward, you're a good friend as well!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:58 AM

i think that's what being a friend is all about. i haven't lost anything by giving away the serger. i've hauled it to 2 homes since i bought it, and i no longer even know what it looks like. any money i spent on it is long gone, and no longer missed. i'm glad it's going to be used! my embroidery machine should get here today so i'm waiting to ambush the fed=ex person! i know she filled every nook and cranny with quilting stuff, so i may have to open it at the door and bring things in in manageable loads. i'm so excited! then tonight we go to the ball game. it's the 'junior league'. it feeds the ny yankees. derek jeter was playing with them while he recuperated, but we weren't there for any of those games. it's bring your dog night, and we considered taking the ladies, but with the heat i think it would be too stressful. i am going to have a kosher hot dog and probably a soda, and lots of water. i have my hat, so maybe tonight i'll get a shirt! 3 cheers for the trenton thunder! it's very entertaining! they have a dog named chase who fetches balls and picks up the fallen bats. he's well trained, unlike my ladies. they aren't bad, they are just country bumpkins, lol! so tomorrow i will play with my new toy! yippee!!

Last edited by nancia; 07-05-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 AM

We spent the day at the camp grounds with my sister and all her grandkids, so I changed my thinking on what I am doing for my partner. I am doing a hand quilted piece. It gives me something to do while I am at the camp ground. We will be at the beach until tuesday, so no computer time for me, but I will be working on my patriotic themed Doll quilt.

Have a wonderful holiday time and see ya next week!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Just wanted to mention that if you haven't heard from your partner ... she might not have electricity!
I just heard from Allie who hasn't had any since Friday! Those storms really packed a whallop.
Sounds like it was a great 4th of July for those of you who posted.

We just got back from a week long adventure in extreme heat and violent storms as we helped our daughter move from NY city to Winston-Salem, NC. Oy! Can't say I'd ever want to repeat the experience, but we did think NC was gorgeous! I think we drove at least 42 hours in the last week, half of it in a moving truck.

Allie, as we came up through West Virginia I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. What a wicked wind and rain and lightening storm we were driving through! I hope you got your power back! It must have been hard to cope - We felt so bad for all the folks without power trapped in that incredible heat wave with no AC!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:05 AM

Nancia - that is great about how you met your friend here and also how you passed along your blessings!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Default Sneak Peak

RWQUILTS, here is a preview of your upcoming DQ for July

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346937[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p7050047.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Almond, you're killing me girlfriend! I want to see more!! What I see is looking good!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 PM

well darn just realized I hadn't sent a pm before our trip, so I missed this month. perhaps its meant to be, still nursing a thumb injury, and messed up the binding on my june dq and have to fix that and get it out. Power was out here for lots, ours came on about 2 hours before we got home, and there are still 20,000 plus still with out power here. And some will probably not have it till Sunday. What a great week to have 100 degree days. one of newscasters on tv tonight said we were getting a chance to experience Phoenix. Waiting for the Canadian dip in the jet stream.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:24 AM

I will gather my patriotic fabrics from my stash and stitch them together! I will have to make me a doll quilt also! I love patriotic fabrics. We celebrated July 4th at Seaworld Orlando, Bright fireworks! and the U. S. Navy Band! What a Birthday Party!

Happy Birthday America !!

Cuppy
Old 07-06-2012, 02:49 AM

Oohhh Almond - that is going to be wonderful. Can't wait to see it all!