Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 07-13-2012, 02:40 PM

I mailed both of my DQs today - hope you like them.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Cuppy, I am going to mail yours tomorrow. I hope you love it. I am having a hard time parting with it. Lol but, i brought the stuff to make me one, so there!! Coming from up north, as dh and i are camping up in Gods country. This place is awesome! And dh took our host to the races, so i am "batching it" and loving every minute. Just me and the dogs, camping on the river back in the woods.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Dragonfly Nana, what a gorgeous DQ Eagleoneowl2u2 made for you! How fun!

Okay, here are the two sneak peaks for my partners Krystyna and Almond for July...LOL! They are both done. I just have to gather up everything and get them in packages and mail them. I will let you both guess as to which one is for which person, although I think I didn't give you too much of a peak on either one.
Attached Thumbnails july-dq-swap-k.jpg   july-dq-swap-.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 PM

dragonfly nana that is really cute!!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
I heard from my partner Eagleoneowl2u2 that she received my DQ on Wednesday and that she really liked it.
Since she is traveling again (with 3 teens I might add!) I will post a pic of what I sent her. Enjoy.
Very nice (as always). You always do a wonderful job. Nice firecrackers!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Dragonfly Nana, what a gorgeous DQ Eagleoneowl2u2 made for you! How fun!

Okay, here are the two sneak peaks for my partners Krystyna and Almond for July...LOL! They are both done. I just have to gather up everything and get them in packages and mail them. I will let you both guess as to which one is for which person, although I think I didn't give you too much of a peak on either one.
OMG now I am wondering what they could be and which one is mine. Wow will it ever get here?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 PM

I got my BEAUTIFUL doll quilt from moonrise(lisa) I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much,I hope you can post a picture.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Sure! Here's the l'il quilt I made for ljdugas31. Glad you like it! Not sure they'll show up in the photo, but there are "pins" in the pincushion, rhinestone hearts sewn onto the heart, and the buttons in the button jar are real buttons. It's all paper-pieced. The pattern came from Quilter's Cache.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348924[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dollquilt-qb-ljdugas31a.jpg   dollquilt-qb-ljdugas31b.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:52 PM

that tape measure fabric is adorable! i have rec'd my i-pad and my dh and son were conferring, trying to set it up. i was entertaining miss olivia very poorly on skype. she is in a mommy only phase. so my efforts were useless except for 1 verse of itsy-bitsy spider and 2 rounds of peek-a-boo. have loaded an app on the i-pad for 99 cents that has animated children's songs. will help me remember some. anyone remember raffi? i just loved him and so did my kids. hope i can download some of his songs! i have started my dq's, but do not expect embroidery. the machine is still a total mystery !! i have found 2 quilt tops i MUST make, and have yet to sandwich olivia's. eek!! i am waiting for dh to help me set up a layering corner, as he is taller and can reach up higher than i can. then i will put backing, spray 1 side of batting, stick them together, spray side 2 of batting and stick on the front, then quilt the h--- out of it. at least that's my plan. then i'll have time to finish the 2 dq's and make a birthday dress for olivia. we're having mexican food at her party, ole' !! oh, texmex, i'm comin' home!!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:59 AM

My dq is still in the works as well. Have not been home much. My sil received a double transplant yesterday (kidney and liver) so between that and work well you know the rest but am going to try and finish it up this weekend and send off on Mon or Tues. And if you are not an organ donor please become one it saved her life. They gave her 3 to 6 weeks to live and this was week 5. she still has a long road but now she has a fighting chance as long as her body does not reject them. Have a great day!!