Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Sign-up (Sign-ups close midnight June 30) >

July Secret Pal Sign-up (Sign-ups close midnight June 30)

July Secret Pal Sign-up (Sign-ups close midnight June 30)

Old 07-17-2018, 09:06 PM

My SP should have her package by Thur. or Fri. Running late Sorry. My Friend lost her husband and time got away from me. Also card didn't get on the package. Trying to do to many thing at one time. Hope you like it all.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:13 AM

Those are bobbin keepers! You put the bobbin on it and it sticks into the spool of thread. That way you always have the same colors together

Originally Posted by kwyltaholic View Post
Have4boys,
I received an awesome package today from you!

I got 2 brand new magazines, a nifty non stick pressing cloth (thank you very much), quilting gloves, a quilters survival kit, a pack of needles, and pile (I mean pile!) of batiks. I also got something I have not seen before.
I don't even know what to call them! They are in the plastic bag.
Anyway thank you sew much, I love everything!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598016[/ATTACH]
Old 07-18-2018, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

bobbin keepers-That would be great! I am not familiar with those. Awesome packages!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
My SP should have her package by Thur. or Fri. Running late Sorry. My Friend lost her husband and time got away from me. Also card didn't get on the package. Trying to do to many thing at one time. Hope you like it all.
I now wonder if you have me as I am still waiting. So sorry to hear about your friend. So sad. You definitely are a good friend to her.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:45 PM

I am waiting too. Also, my SP should get hers today. Hope she likes it.

JuanitaBean, sorry to hear about your friend. I have a friend who lost her DH this last year and it is so hard. I hope she is getting lots of support.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

I just received the most amazing box from Adelia. Right on top was a wonderful hand written note. I feel like I made a new friend and enjoyed getting to know her. She made me not one but two pin cushions, one to put on your finger and another with a doily on top. She also made a bookmark and needle case. I love these handmade items. The box was also filled with tone on tone fat quarters, a yard of Patriotic fabric and matching fat quarters, Patriotic ribbon, 3 Patriotic decorations, quilting magazines, patterns, a small tea spoon, button, the cutest little gnome and butterfly for in my garden, two feed sack Hawaiian printed dish towels, HI notepad, vegetable fat quarters for the gardener, a lipstick that is really a pin/needle pincushion, lolipop fat quarter (fall print), bandaids for quilter, foldable hand fan, nail file, a package of mixed herb seeds and an Arkansas fabric license plate. I hope I got it all. I already read the letter several times and took the items out of the box to look and play with everything. I am one spoiled girl! I took several pictures. Adelia hopefully soon I will know your screen name so I can write a more personal thank you note. Thank you for your kind hand written note and all the wonderful quilt goodies. You made my day!
Attached Thumbnails 20180718_140321-small-.jpg   20180718_140508-small-.jpg   20180718_140655-small-.jpg   20180718_140729-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 07-18-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:07 PM

Such fabulous packages! That gnome makes me smile.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:50 PM

Fantastic packages all around. Sorry I have been missing in action. My mother-in-law has surgery on Monday. They removed a tooth, some jaw bone and gum. Got all the cancer now to heal her up.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:57 PM

H4B, so glad they were able to get it all. I hope she recovers nicely.

Well, yesterday I got a large package of fabric to fill in for a project I am prepping for a mini sewing retreat with friends. I told myself I had to cut fabric before I can open as an incentive to get ready since I need to be ready on Friday and lots to do. I set it aside and then today, I received my SP package. But wait, I see clearly the fabric label. What happened? Did they send two shipments. Then I remembered I had thought it strange that a company had hand written my address, (I didn’t have my glasses on so I hadn’t read the return label) so I thought maybe it is my SP package downstairs instead of fabric that I need to cut.

Yes, this ginormous package from yesterday was from my SP, Mary Christine. THANK YOU!!!! I will post a picture tonight. It has so many nice things. I will list as a teaser: a sweet hand made note, a wrist pin cushion, a Quilty magazine, graph filler paper, dog treats (my dog was with me and sussed these out while I was opening ), glue stick pens, a small plastic container, a journal which seems to have magically seen my sewing area because it says “bless this mess” appropriately, a list pad, sticky notes, much needed new hotpads for kitchen and a bundle of teal fat quarters. Oh my, I need to take a breath.

I am new to this starting this month but the fun of shopping and getting treats for a SP and to receive a surprise in the mail is quite appealing, so I am sure I will be a regular from now on in this group.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:36 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598062[/ATTACH]

Oh, and the Match tea pack is perfect. I am going on a mini sewing retreat with friends and will take it with me. The dog was not included. However, the dog treats attracted him.
Attached Thumbnails julysp.jpeg