Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Chocolate, I smell chocolate -> -> come on down to the bench with your goodies, we will help you test that chocolate...hehehe

Originally Posted by Zappycat
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I was thinking of heading down to the bench to sit with all of you but stopped to check my mail and there it was, a package from Pomlover! Such a wonderful bx just full all the way to the top with 2 books (I haven't read) some hot chocolate, an EASTER BUNNY, eggs with goodies in them, a small pair of scissors, 3 fat quarters with can you believe it? CATS. How did she know I was saving up fat quarters to make a quilt with cats, cats and more cats on it? Also sent a jig saw puzzle to put together and 2 really cute mug rugs chaped like easter eggs and the cutest pin cushion that lookd just like Nemo! Thank you Pomlover I loved everything and the chocolate is still intact, meaning the bunny still has his head on! I also pm'd Kathy and told her thank you and will send one to Susanne as well.
Awww... looks like your Easter basket came early! How wonderful!

I'm not ready to sit on the bench yet... with my package just going out tomorrow, I haven't even had time to think about the one coming to me!! The mailing deadline is very soon, so it won't be long now for the rest of us! : )
I'm coming down with my chocolate mints- enough for everyone. Hope it's not too cold - I'm used to warm weather - maybe we can snuggle up and keep warm together.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Ok so who are carrot stuffed chocolate covered bananas for?
:-) just wondering. LOL

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
I think you answered your own question...bananas are for monkeys...carrots are for rabbits...candy especially chocolate is for women!! JHMO *L*
Have a good day..Linda B.
How come no one is sharing bananas or carrots? Why do we always share candy? DUH.....we are women!!
[/quote]
Old 03-11-2011, 09:36 PM

Agreed. Good points.

Originally Posted by Renee110
I'm not upset if pics aren't posted but I do think it would be proper and nice if a thank you and perhaps a description of your gift was posted to this thread along with a nice PM. Just seems to me that this is a social gathering to make new friends and contacts and that doesn't happen when people receive their gifts and then....nothing. It's a big let-down for me as the giver. I don't get to see your face when you open your gift so a written description has to stand in. I didn't join this swap for the stuff. I joined for the fun of getting to know someone and choosing something special that perhaps they wouldnt have chosen for theirselves.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 PM

I just sent out my package to my SP who is sitting on the bench.She lives East of me (Most everyone is East of me HaHa).
Old 03-12-2011, 02:00 AM

Well you know how it is. It was to good to resist.lol So i confess i ate it.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare
Originally Posted by mooretll
Count me in for April. This is my first,but i had fun putting the package togather.After looking at some of the pics of the packages received i think i did ok. hope she likes it.But i forgot the chocolate.lol will do better next time.
Did you really forget the chocolate or did you eat it?

:P
It was to good to resist lol
Old 03-12-2011, 07:22 AM

I just received my wonderfull swap from Saraaev! i did take a picture but i need to figure out how to upload it here.
I am sure you are all dying to know what was in there, so here goes: two matching aqua and brown polkadot half yards of fabric, three fairytail childrens print fq's, three 30's reproduction fq,s, a pattern for cupcake ovenmitts, a paintcan!full with threads, 2 packages of bondaweb, spool stabilizers, a quilt ruler handle, a doll for our babygirl on the way (due may 2), cars and m&m's for the boys, and looooots of chocolate.
I was soo spoiled, Sara really went above and beyond! Thank you again Sara!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wenot
I just received my wonderfull swap from Saraaev! i did take a picture but i need to figure out how to upload it here.
I am sure you are all dying to know what was in there, so here goes: two matching aqua and brown polkadot half yards of fabric, three fairytail childrens print fq's, three 30's reproduction fq,s, a pattern for cupcake ovenmitts, a paintcan!full with threads, 2 packages of bondaweb, spool stabilizers, a quilt ruler handle, a doll for our babygirl on the way (due may 2), cars and m&m's for the boys, and looooots of chocolate.
I was soo spoiled, Sara really went above and beyond! Thank you again Sara!!
cute idea using the paint can.kinda like using a laundry basket for a baby shower gift of small items. you can always use the can for storing items.I'll have to remember that one. sounds like you hit the mother lode. enjoy. Mary
Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by trisha
Well, my SP package was trying to be delivered today, but there was no one home to sign for it. Maybe she will pick it up tomorrow at PO. Got there 2 days sooner than expected.
Oh yes, please people share with us, even is you can't get a picture up, let us know your a little bit excited about what you get!!! We are!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Trish,
I picked this up at the post office today!!!:-) WOW This is totally amazing!!! WAYYYYY more than I ever expected!! The cardinal was peeking at me when I opened the box! I LOVE IT!! :D All the fabric is absolutely gorgeous!! And PURPLE!! And I had no Easter fabric!!! I cant say that anymore!!! The patterns are great too!!:) And I have a lot of magazines but not one of the ones you sent!!! How did you do that??? These little purple storage boxes are perfect too!! I love the honeysuckle candle and chocolate!! yummy!!!! :thumbup: I have thought about buying a diamond ruler and never did!! Now I have one!!!! :D I am jumping for joy here!!!!
THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
The last pic is a little blurry... as I was snapping them my Wolfie decided the cardinal was for him!!! Sorry pup... Mommas not sharing!!!

All my goodies!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157777[/ATTACH]

look at all the beautiful fabric!! and chocolate!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157778[/ATTACH]

magazines patterns and my adorable singing cardinal!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157779[/ATTACH]

Wolfie tried to steal my cardinal but I won!!! LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157780[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157772.jpe   attachment-157773.jpe   attachment-157774.jpe   attachment-157775.jpe  
Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 AM

Is it April sign up time yet???? :lol: