Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: May Secret Pal 2018

May Secret Pal 2018

This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can
    choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner
    every month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you
    receive from. Failure to send you package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all future swaps

After receiving your Secret Palís details, go to work and put together a package with
    something you think your pal would like. Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items

You will need to send ME a PM when mailing and receiving also your SP thanking them. This way I can keep my records straight. You also should take pictures and post in group.

Packages need to be mailed out by May 15th, this is a Firm deadline. All International mailings must be mailed by May 10th FIRM. If you know that you cannot mail by that date Please Do Not Sign Up.

For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift'. Usually on the Customs Declaration there's a box you can check. Also, the value should be $10 only (even if you send diamond necklace).
    The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can cost the person receiving as much as $40.

As an aside, padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. I'm not sure if that's true for every carrier or not.

Our International board members are welcome to join the swap.
    You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Screen Name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip:

Favorite Color(s):
    Least favorite color(s):
    The fabric color I am looking for?
    Brand of sewing machine?
    Do you hand embroidery or do you have an embroidery machine?
    How long have you been sewing/quilting?
    Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
    Socks/Slippers?
    Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
    Quilting Notions
    Besides quilting what do you like to do?
    Do you like to read and if so what type?
    Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
    Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
    Do you have pets, if so what kind?
    Do you collect anything if so what?
    Can you take a picture and post so we can see what you received?

What do you want the most and what donít you want?
    International Swappers is there anything that is hard for you to find in your country? If so please let us know.
    Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you

Can you mail international?
    Email address:
    Phone number:

Sign Ups will close April 30th and names will be sent out no later than May 2nd.
    If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time then I will need tracking information. I know there will be exception on the mailing you will need to inform me.
    Remember there is a $10.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash.
    Just enjoy and have fun!
    I collect Seraphim Angels

I'm in for May! Sending info now.....
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I just sent in my profile. I will be gone this weekend and didn't want to miss anythng. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Super excited to participate, will be sending in profile tomorrow. ��

I'm in again.
    Vontina Collick

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward" -Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.

I am in again. Will send info sometime yet today.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Ok....I am in again! Sending profile, soon.

Count me in again, Verna! Sending info now.

Which direction is the 10 dollar limit? Is that the minimum that needs to be spent or the maximum that can be spent?

The ten dollars doesn't seems like it isn't really an upper limit or lower limit. We all just get stuff! Tons of stuff! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
    The ten dollars doesn't seems like it isn't really an upper limit or lower limit. We all just get stuff! Tons of stuff! LOL
    Ok!

cant wait to get my name so I can get on it!

Sent my info in. Just got back from shop hop so got some fun stuff for my pal next month!

I am in for this month.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Just wanted to share the awesome pair of socks I received from Gaijin in the April Secret Pal Swap.
    Name:  20180427_084416.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  180.2 KB
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

PamelaOry- Sorry my last post was vague (and poorly written). I think there is a suggestion to spend no more than $10....or keep around the $10.00 range. But there seems to be no limit on handmade items, re-gifts and de-stashing. By the look of some of the packages, it looks like a lottery. Some are over-the-top and some are practical and thoughtful. I guess that is what makes this so fun. The packages all contain goodies you will glad to get!

I'm in for this month. Have not been in this swap in a long time, sent info in. Looking forward getting my name

I have a question for everyone... last month was crazy for me and I ordered my secret pal's stuff on Amazon and had it all shipped directly to her. She got multiple packages and it saved me on double shipping. I then sent a card from me. What is everyone's preference. Would you rather get one boxed personally packaged or multiple from amazon/ebay?

what every is easy for you. Just make sure we know who sent it so we can Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    I have a question for everyone... last month was crazy for me and I ordered my secret pal's stuff on Amazon and had it all shipped directly to her. She got multiple packages and it saved me on double shipping. I then sent a card from me. What is everyone's preference. Would you rather get one boxed personally packaged or multiple from amazon/ebay?
    I thought your several packages was incredibly fun, I love getting surprises! Either way you picked out the stuff you sent so it is personally done.

On my way home will send pm to everyone that has sent me a pm for signing up. Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the funeral. Am still about 3 hours from home, I think I am in Richmond Ky at Cracker Barrel

All signed up for this month - looking forward to it!

ok so far I have 12 sign ups and have sent everyone a thank you letter for signing up. If you sent me your info and you did not receive a pm from me please resend to me. Last month someone signed up but I did not get it so I want to make sure from now on that I do. I send a thank you everytime I get a pm to sign up so I really don't want to miss anyone again. I love this swap and I know others do to and I would feel really bad if they didn't receive my name if someone else ran the swap.
    Thank you
    Verna

I think getting several different packages would be fun, opening all month long. What a great surprise

Verna

Please sign me up.
    Will send info later.
    Linda ^i^

It has been a long time since doing this swap. Can't wait to swap again.

Sent PM to you Verna. Forgot part of my answers, so had to send 2 PM's. if you need me to resend, please let me know.
    CAgirl1

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast