Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 09-20-2011, 08:56 AM

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are......THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL, I can almost see them shinning.
You go girl....great work
R
Originally Posted by shnnn
My mom has shingles! 2 trips to the ER for severe pain- tons of doctors and tests and about 2 weeks later she finally broke out with the rash! I feel for the poor guy - they are extremely painful - I don't ever remember my mom going to the ER for anything and she was there twice in a week!

I think I'm just about caught up! I still have one more star for this months partner, and morningcoffeegal - I think I owe you one still?
Toriable - your stars are all finished and ready to head your way - I sure hope your happy with them, not what I planned to do, but my plan wasn't working at all! So I had to rethink it.
If I owe anyone else a block please let me know!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:57 AM

You are just the creative girl. You Go. the wreath is awesome. and So is the Angel.
Great Stuff Donna.
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I have recieved a lovely Angel from Jean...

And I know this has nothing to do with quilting, but I seen something like this at the fair, so I bought there ribbon netting and made one for fall and just had to share I was so proud of it...LOL

I finally finished my mom quilt today, that's why I haven't been around much.

WOW!! alot of great looking blocks going out and coming in just awesome, now I got moms quilt out of the way and just about caught up on other swaps, now I can do some more swapping...LOL

Just finished cleaning my sewing room and now finally at 4:04 am I'm getting sleepy and need to head to bed, just got to post one more thing and I'm outta here until later. Every one have a great day!

I've loss my do list so if I owe anyone a block please let me know by PM so I can get to it...
Old 09-20-2011, 08:58 AM

Jacquie,
I can feel the breeze from those fans. they are FANTASTIC.......I can't wait for them.
R
Originally Posted by jacquie
managed to get robert's fans done today, hope they will fit in!!
should be a very nice quilt!! looking forwards to seeing pics o your collection!!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:28 AM

Fromzstore you won't believe it I finally finished the paper pieced star I made for you months ago. I sat and wouldn't let myself get up til it was done not even to the bathroom only kidding and by the end of it I started liking the process what a good way to use up scraps. I didn't on yours but I can see it could be. It came out beautiful and 2 sues for having to wait so long. It will be in the mail by the end of the week.
I'm leaving a week from today for a Sulky seminar so I'm finishing all my Oct 1 commitments and will be sending them all out fri.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 AM

I think you can lay misty fuse on top to hold it together
Old 09-20-2011, 10:24 AM

managed to get robert's fans done today, hope they will fit in!!
should be a very nice quilt!! looking forwards to seeing pics o your collection!!
Beautiful, fans....
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 AM

i've made one of the 2 heart blocks i'm doing for donna- luv2sew
really enjoyed this one, i hope she approves of the scottish version!! with real scottish crochet edging!!
:shock:ohhhhhhhhh!!! lol...
Ohhhhh Jacquie that is soooooo beautiful....thank you!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Robert your to much! LOL Wild Ones! LOL

For the tree I just sprinkles all my little fabric pieces where I wanted them then covered it with black/brown tulle that I pinned in place till I FMQ all over it! I applied fusible interfacing to the background fabric beforehand. You can use different colored threads also I used a brownish orange thread.

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
That tree is amazing....WOWZER'S
So, you cut and cut up fabric scraps and lay them on the background, do you use adhesive or a water solubile film over the top to keep them in place and then sticth all over it or? . By the way I just got a message from Roberto Fabuloso that he is coming out with a new shoe design called " Call all the wild ones" hmmmmmm
Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Well I got to play with this set of blocks and it was so much fun to see what happens when you cut a piece of copy paper in half, this was the results! LOL Two more blocks headed out to Dotty tomorrow! Can't make it to the PO today pour sweet Mike is quarantined to the house he developed shingles. Who would think you would get chickenpox at 57! Pour fella! Please let me know when you get them Dotty. Now I'm thinking what will I get if I cut the paper in half again! LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Well I got to play with this set of blocks and it was so much fun to see what happens when you cut a piece of copy paper in half, this was the results! LOL Two more blocks headed out to Dotty tomorrow! Can't make it to the PO today pour sweet Mike is quarantined to the house he developed shingles. Who would think you would get chickenpox at 57! Pour fella! Please let me know when you get them Dotty. Now I'm thinking what will I get if I cut the paper in half again! LOL
WOW~WEEEEE love the tree, and the other blocks are great too you are a busy girl!

Shingles, girl you have no ideal how painful those darn things are, I had them back in 2001, was told by the Dr. that they are bought on from stress, my grandson had just pass away that past December in my home. So I was just stress out and depressed, just be careful if you haven't had the chicken poxs he could give them to you from shingles at least that what the Drs told me...
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn
My mom has shingles! 2 trips to the ER for severe pain- tons of doctors and tests and about 2 weeks later she finally broke out with the rash! I feel for the poor guy - they are extremely painful - I don't ever remember my mom going to the ER for anything and she was there twice in a week!

I think I'm just about caught up! I still have one more star for this months partner, and morningcoffeegal - I think I owe you one still?
Toriable - your stars are all finished and ready to head your way - I sure hope your happy with them, not what I planned to do, but my plan wasn't working at all! So I had to rethink it.
If I owe anyone else a block please let me know!
Awesome stars Shnnn...very colorful