Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-23-2014, 10:50 PM

This thanksgiving I am away from my kids. We'll two grown up kids. Lol. I am at my brothers we will have thanksgiving at my niece's home. I guess it is a full blown traditional turkey day. Usually there r only 4 of us. My son. My daughter and my grandson. No one but me wants to celebrat thanksgiving. So being up here and having thanksgiving withe about 22 family members is super. Did I tell u that my brother has 10 kids. Almost all are married.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Sherri. I don't know if I got my Fquarters yet. I an at my brothers. My sister in law passed away and I am just keeping him company until Dec 1. I will let u know. Can't get on everyday. My brother keeps me busy.
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister in law. Your brother is very luck to have you! Hope you take care of YOU too.

Your thanksgiving sounds wonderful! Except for the being away from your own daughter part. We just got into a new (smaller) house. It's pretty much chaos at the moment. We may opt to celebrate Thanksgiving at a restaurant.

Last edited by SheriR; 11-24-2014 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:57 AM

wow sounds like a great dinner for you. I used to have it with my x. A large family of boys married with kids and we all got together for a wonderful DAY of Thanksgiving. So much laughter, food, drink (hey I did say Italian family right?) and it was a pleasure. We would start about 10 am and go home about 8 pm. a long day but a good one. This year its just the two of us I bought a turkey breast because I decided I wanted a meal that felt like home to me. Steve hates it so he will eat the mashed potatos and veggies and call it a day. Im ok with it long as I get my sweet potatoes and pecan casserole and turkey and stuffing and gravy.. I am going to be a fat happy camper. He can be a hungry one. He gets tacos the day after lol. That is his wish but its my year to enjoy a meal for me (what a novelty). I am supposed to eat tons of protein.. think this wont be a problem at all OMG on a side note looked at regular priced turkeys at Albertsons. HOLY HECK.. 53.00 a turkey? WHAT?? when did turkeys get so expensive? I used to buy all natural fresh ones for 60.00 but this was a butterball.. wowsa. are they that crazy priced everywhere? I remember them being like mid 20's.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM

$53 were you going to buy a pure bred or what. Had to have been missed marked brat, they aren't that expensive!
Old 11-25-2014, 05:50 AM

oh heck they weren't ... I wish. I think hot dogs look darned delicious at that price difference!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:47 AM

Brat,
That's crazy!
I bought a Honeysuckle White, 77¢ a pound, so got a nice size turkey for under $20.
Butterball about same price here in my neck o' the woods. I just prefer the HW.

Even the Honeycrust spiral ham I bought was under $45, so I'm thinking Jaba may be right, and somehow the turkeys were mis marked??
Or, maybe smart turkeys did the pricing, to get people to eat other meat, so next time they get to live...lolol..
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-26-2014 at 01:50 AM.