Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Me too Kif! KFC could be my fav. Fast food comfort food! Great, now I'm hungry!
Me, too!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:58 AM

ok world I am back. I don't have much to me right now so I am not unfortunately going back to read posts. Thank you for all the words of help and encouragement. It did get the third surgery, it didn't work. The news was not great but going to another doctor for another opinion (maybe one I like more I am not too encouraged right now but think perhaps I am over tired and need to recover from this last try. they seem to wear me out for some reason. I am thankful for all of you. I am so fortunate to have such good friends here. I know its not in person but it still counts. I truly love that. I am going back to rest some more but wanted to say hello and see if there was a world of trouble awaiting me. not one in both swaps. wow. that is a miracle. I will take a miracle right now. Yes I will. maybe two.. or is that just greedy? sigh. I am going to see if I can sneak by with one greedy wish too. wish me luck!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:05 AM

Be greedy, Brat!! Take all ya can get, girl!!
And I know you're a force to be reckoned with...I mean that in the best way, you know I love ya!! And I'm praying your new Dr gets you back to "our Brat" asap!!
K
Old 11-22-2014, 05:39 AM

ok ladies this weekend (as in tomorrow) I will put up the swap sign ups for BATIKS its a fun swap lots of people sign up for this and the variety is amazing. I know our store here in town has half their regular fabric stock in batiks! I went in there once and wondered where are the regular fabrics lol.. there is a huge variety of cool fabrics out there. I am fondest of the cream and ivory ones. but the blues call to me too.. purples ok those do also. ok I love them all. sucker for batiks. they are so different and wonderful to play with. I have a heck of at time sewing with them however but hear most of you don't. secrets anyone? I prewash them, and if you try to put them with regular fabric it gets a little tightening of the threads maybe its my machine, heard it was my needle (use a 11 sharp german needle) and well advise is appreciated. I love the fabrics too much to pass them up! (those are the I need that one and that one types).

thanks to all my friends once again. You are all so very sweet. I napped almost all day yesterday after doing those dishes in the sink (that was it for me) but hoping by Sunday I am getting ready to rock and roll again. or Monday for sure. those are my two days off dialysis which I adore. I love days off lol. Well gotta get on the road for another day in paradise at the clinic. Bringing Christmas cards to write with me. lol I know it is early but have to write them now or they never will get sent. I figure five or six a time I should be done in short order. its a wish. so far only 5 have been done. wish me luck! thanks for sharing your photos of this months swap. please PM me if you have not received by now I need to know. gracias.

oh and Kiffie and Jaba its not in my DNA to stop being me. worn out and all I don't want to stop, figure if I do stop then I give up. I refuse to give up so your all stuck with me here. hoping I never wear out!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:11 PM

Brat.you are such a strong woman and an inspiration to all.What a wonderful way to be. Get better soon.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:13 PM

I read something interesting today. I don't know if you have an Albertsons in your town, but ours and another grocery store advertised that if you had an order in by Monday they would have a turkey baked with all the trimmings, just have to pick it up at a certain time. I thought that was wonderful for people who have to have turkey that day. I'm not sure, but I think they did ham that way too. Just a thought.

I just know your T-day will be awesome and you will wonder why you worried. Your special angels aren't too busy that day and they will spend the day with you and your family. Kick back and enjoy and let yourself heal.
We love you!! Ellie
Old 11-23-2014, 08:35 AM

ok I just put up Decembers fat quarter swap! batiks! yahoo! sign up immediately (make my life easier) lol. I am in a happy mood today figured two ways to be... happy or miserable. Not chosing miserable thank you very much. I have limited experience with cooking elk. as in zero to be exact. I made stir fry with some I was gifted.. ground beef but put cole slaw mix in it with fresh garlic and ginger and teriyaki sauce I made and tossed it with some fried rice mix I had. it actually came out pretty good. I admit I added a lot of hot sauce to hit as well.. it hid the stronger meat flavor that elk has. I would not chose it again however its a bit gamey for me. I have had great fondu with it simply heat cooked fast heat and then dipped in one of five sauces (mine was teriyaki see a pattern here?) yum. so still time to like the stuff lol. I was gifted so many other meats too so last night we had RIBEYE! omg. my favorite cut of meat of all times. quick flash cooked (like it rare) and served with oh so hot horse radish and I was in heaven. These are the simple things for me. We wont be doing thanksgiving dinner as my dh hates it. He will only eat the salad and the mashed potatoes so sigh.. no turkey day for me. but less work so its not all bad. We are alone this holiday and also Christmas. Its ok. I have limited energy so its good to go with just us I look forward to you posting your busy thanksgiving week information, company coming? baking something different and grand you want to share? tell us we want to know. the new forum for Dec swap is the place to write it so head on over, sign up and share something so good we are dying to cook it to! recipes welcome truly! I have a great sweet potato dish mashed with pecans and boy its so good but not overly sweet. My favorite part of the whole darned dinner... course now I cant in theory eat that dish anylonger but maybe a tiny serving wouldn't be horrible... ok it would be might do it anyways. one good dish a week cant be the end of me. if so.. going down happy
Old 11-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Just sending you a big quilty hug, Brat!!
Kif
Old 11-23-2014, 08:28 PM

So ---- what happened to your son and his friend? Just nosey, that's all. I told you the angels were going to be with you. Maybe I misread something in your post about just being alone??? We're doing the traditional T-giving day Turkey and a Ham. Our son likes ham more than turkey so he gave us a gift certificate to buy one. That's one way to get what you want, huh? I make the crockpot dressing the night before and on the morning of, just put it in the crock and let 'er go. I also will make the yams (from a can), how difficult is that? with marshmellows. We will leave here on Wed. at noon for the mtns. and be back Saturday. Hope the weather holds good for us!
Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours. Be safe and be happy. Brat, remember, the angels will be there for you!!!!
Love you all! Ellie
Old 11-23-2014, 10:38 PM

Sherri. I don't know if I got my Fquarters yet. I an at my brothers. My sister in law passed away and I am just keeping him company until Dec 1. I will let u know. Can't get on everyday. My brother keeps me busy.