Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 PM

Got my Fq's from WMUTeach today. They are wonderful...thank you so much. These are perfect for winter colors[ATTACH=CONFIG]499298[/ATTACH]I love them and they all blend perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2406.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Thanks ladies, I've been preaching forever! Brat it's time to listen, see I'm not the only one!!!!
Me, too Jaba!! Of course mine is long distance, but the sentiment is the same!
You can't take care of others if you're not here. And you've got to take care of yourself to attempt/ help out on being here!!!!!!!!
Is that enough !!!!!!!!! ??
You took care of your kids, they're now grown, and it's time to assist Momma Bear...
And I don't mean anyone's kids "owe" their parents. We chose to have kids...and nurture them, be responsible for them...and I know it doesn't stop when said kids turn 18. But it does evolve.
And as the grown daughter (ok, sometimes I may not act grown up..playing with my grandbabies kinda reverts me back...til they leave and I recall I AM OLD!!). Oops, off track, Anyway, as the adult daughter whose mom has lived with dh and I for 12+ years, I can say she's still the mom..no matter what... But now we help each other. And it's oh so nice to have that.
And even though my dh has health issues, he helps out. We all 3 help each other..Tada!
Some people say, "it's just different with guys, they're not good with caregiving..."
Um, hogwash! My hubby and our son (29 yrs old) are both terrific with helping out. It may not be the way I'd do something, but change is good, right?? And at least they're trying...
So, Ms. Brat, listen to us, let your family help you!!!

Seriously,
I've grown rather fond of "our" Brat... and our QB group. It feels like sisters I never had...and selfishly I want to keep every last one of you around!

Quilty hugs with a dash o' nag,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-18-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:09 AM

Love those WMUTeach fqs she sent you, Jaba!!!
K
Old 11-18-2014, 08:20 AM

Miss brat doesn't listen too well! She still thinks she needs to be the Mama at all times, do everything and cater to everyone's wants and needs. Keep telling her she has wants and needs too, what do you do???
Old 11-18-2014, 08:38 AM

You be a great friend, like you are. And great friends sometimes tell us what we may not necessarily want to hear...But if it's said with love (love yas, Brat!!) Then I reckon it's ok.

Plus I have to say, one thing that really got me thinking (I know, egads..scary!) Is my mother-in-law bent over backwards for her daughter..But my dh and his brother were treated very differently.
It's a long story, my mil did everything for my sil.. Almost 3 years ago mil passed away.. way too early in my opinion.. Didn't take care of herself at all.
My sil just had her 4th child in 8 yrs...and she's "lost" because her mom did everything. Sometimes love means teaching others how to stand strong, and letting them help you out, too... So you know you did your best, and they'll be ok if/when you're gone...
And I say this to myself, too.. So it's not really nagging, right??!! Plus it's said with L.O.V.E.
K
Old 11-18-2014, 09:16 AM

It's hard to let others do for you, but let them. Two years ago this Thanksgiving day I got to come home from a second knee surgery. My daughter and SIL had the turkey and all the trimmings ready for me to come home. They told the doctor he better hurry and release me or the turkey would burn!! I could only get up to go to the bathroom, but I could sure shoot orders. Everything went fine! It was the best Thanksgiving ever.They fixed my plate and I was in my recliner. It was awesome. My neighbor told me to suck it up and I did. So your son's friend will do just fine. If not, tell them to find a KFC.

We love you, Linda, angels are with you. I pray for you daily.
Ellie

Last edited by sewellie; 11-18-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added more
Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
It's hard to let others do for you, but let them. Two years ago this Thanksgiving day I got to come home from a second knee surgery. My daughter and SIL had the turkey and all the trimmings ready for me to come home. They told the doctor he better hurry and release me or the turkey would burn!! I could only get up to go to the bathroom, but I could sure shoot orders. Everything went fine! It was the best Thanksgiving ever.They fixed my plate and I was in my recliner. It was awesome. My neighbor told me to suck it up and I did. So your son's friend will do just fine. If not, tell them to find a KFC.

We love you, Linda, angels are with you. I pray for you daily.
Ellie
Well said, Ellie... and I love KFC!!
K
Old 11-19-2014, 08:26 AM

Me too Kif! KFC could be my fav. Fast food comfort food! Great, now I'm hungry!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:02 PM

I did receive my fq from NancyW when we got home today and they are stunning!!! Thank you so much. Wish I could post pictures. Maybe when thing settle down I can try, have several suggestions that I can try. Thanks again Nancy!!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Elisabrat....do you want us to post a picture of what we are sending or what we receive. Need to know. I am going to mail mine today. Here it comes Sheri
I do hope you like them. They are totally winter colors.
I absolutely did love the FQ's you sent! I feel like your question here got lost. Sometimes I post what I'm sending and I usually try to post what I received. I don't remember hearing it should be a surprise. I hope you got your FQ's from me and liked them as much as I like/love the ones you sent!!!