Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Um, nope, not me... I NEVER have a hard time cutting into some of my fave fabrics...then folding them up nicely, putting them in an envelope and wistfully sealing the envelope...tears streaming down my face, as I scream to myself, "Seal that envelope and share, you selfish, selfish gal!!!". So, as you can tell I never have that issue, nope, nada, zilch, zip, zero...not I...
Kif
PS Did you get the ones I sent you, Sheri? My other partner received, wanting to make sure you did.
I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about that since the post office lost the pkg I sent to Jaba...
Old 11-16-2014, 06:33 PM

Kandy, OMGosh, those blue ones are over the top. You know I don't like birds, but the others are so awesome!! Lucky you!!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:37 PM

SheriR, you are awesome. Lucky you, Kandy. You know I don't like birds, but those blues are over the top!!!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:43 PM

Jaba, thank you for your updates. Keep up informed.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:30 PM

Yes. Yes I received FQ's from kiffie and urgodschold2. I love them! I really love them. Sorry for not promptly posting a picture. I'm in sheer chaos here.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 04:28 AM

I'M HOME! lol. I am so glad to be home. super tired and super sore right now but glad to be alive. its a lucky day when you can say that My port did fail. they tried twice first time it clotted up, so they pulled me back into surgery one hour later which is less than fun I can honestly say. tried again. it clotted before I could get to my room I think and so they had to put a chest port in which is less than comfy I might say. not a picnic. but I can still get dialysis so this is a highly important thing for me. I am thankful truly I am. I figure it will be what it will be but I am NOT ready to go so your stuck with me. I like it here. People are so kind and nice (thank you ladies) and I need that. I am housebound quiet a bit and I come here to find my 'online' friends. Your support means the world to me. I just wanted to let you know.

now those fabrics that everyone is sending.. WOW I never realized how many gorgeous blues and whites there are out there. I tend to think of white as well. a blender you don't see but these are ones that stand out. and the blues! oh the blues.. so many uses I love the blues. and birds I love bird fabrics as long as they don't have beady eyes lol. those are sorta scary to me.

Sewellie sounds like you have your hands full. My son and his girlfriend arrive today from CA. so my sweet man will quickly clean the house for me, run to the market for me so I can start a roast for tonight and the poor girl that is coming who never ever cooks is cooking the rest. it should be an interesting dinner lol. I will pray it turns out ok. I know I cant do it so she has to. oh joy I think we will eat at midnight! well I am pooped so I had better get off line but share those pics. I am in love with them all.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 AM

news update. the doc just called. a room full of docs said it can be cleared so he wants me to come back and try one more time on Wed to clear that clog up before its permanent. since I desperately need that would give me a tiny bit longer to go with this leg and any bit longer is a good thing. I in theory was to get 1.5 to 3 yrs out of it.. not 3 months. so wish me luck and promise to be back after that one. its a slow slow thing. Jan will help anyone who needs help so please pm her. thanks so much and for being patient with me. I will be back.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:08 AM

Ellie,
I agree, I love the fabrics!! I also THOUGHT I wasn't much on birds...or paisley...or large modern flower prints...buuuuut, I found out sometimes I OVERthink stuff...lolol

Brat,
Oh my friend, so good to see a post from you!!
Thanked Jaba for keeping us updated, too.
Now Brat, everyone must learn to cook at sometime...even if it's pb n j...lol
So, you rest and let that girl cook!! And don't forget to gently remind her part of cooking is the clean up...whether the cook does it or has helpers. But you my friend, need to help by resting!!
Ok, "nag" over...for now..

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-17-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Best, good to hear from you! Yes I agree with kiffie. Let her cook. Let them all clean. You rest and don't worry about us!!! <3
Old 11-17-2014, 06:21 PM

Thanks ladies, I've been preaching forever! Brat it's time to listen, see I'm not the only one!!!!