Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-14-2014, 11:33 AM

We finally had rain over the past couple of days!!! Woo HOO! We had our first 0 visibility fog day today. So glad I work from home. Temps supposed to be 60*'s the rest of the week. (just for you Brat)

I did receive my side swap from Hairquilt for the long lost repros from last month. I need to take a pic, but haven't been able to get into the sewing room over all of my packed up things from last weeks vacation I promise I all this wknd at some point.

Ellie, Check your bobbin case for loose threads etc. I've had that same thing happen for that reason.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:47 PM

Safe travels for you and your family, Ellie when y'all do leave.
Tlambing, I love rain, wish we'd get some. So far this week we've had high of 82, low of 8. On Monday we went from 82 to 15 in less than 12 hours..had the ole "Blue Norther" blow through. Had just a dusting of snow.
It's still cold here, going to be cold for several more days. Yuk.

I've received 2 of my fq swaps, still waiting on one...
Kif
Old 11-14-2014, 04:34 PM

Sewellie-your monkey scraps went out today so they should be there by the time you get home- I think I have more and if I find them I will send more. Weds we had lots of school closures because it was -25 degrees with the wind chill,it has snowed for the last two days and was raining on the way home. Was 40 degrees today but is supposed to be like 5 degrees tonight. Yesterday was our first snow of the season and there were lots and lots of accidents including at least 2 semi trucks that rolled over.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 PM

Default bobbin problem

tlambing. I woke up this morning bound and determined to get my machine fixed even if it took all day.

Found out that it was the polyester thread that I was using. I started from scratch and cleaned and oiled it, put in a new needle, threaded a new bobbin, changed the polyester thread for cotton thread and it works like a charm. Hubby spent most of the day blowing and shoveling snow. We have over a foot of snow, supposed to snow tonight too. Schools are closed in the valley and down where we live and roll overs on the interstate. Hopefully when the kids get in Tuesday evening the roads will be open. If not we will pull them up with the truck. So we will spend an extra day here.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:35 PM

Bullock2us, can't wait to see the monkey fabric. I'm in the mood for something fun! Our temps drop to single digits at night and with wind chill -o--o--- brrrrrr.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:41 PM

Kandy, I think we will leave for home Wed., roads permitting. We will not take any undue chances. We don't have Baby Willa until the 24th, so we can stay longer if need be.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:22 AM

Best to be safe, Ellie!!
Hmm, gee Brat, I don't know what I'll make with that fabric..it reminds me of the Coca-Cola bears at Christmas...
K
Old 11-15-2014, 10:17 AM

HELP NEEDED!!! Lots of prayers and good thoughts today ladies, Linda's (brat) dialysis port failed this morning, she has another clot. She is in Billings, Mt. now and will have a surgical procedure today and they will try to get it clear. If they can all will be good for a couple of weeks, then she will have surgery again to reposition the port, if not they will have to do surgery now. Will keep you all posted as I hear anything else.
Any problems with packages, etc. please send them to me for the time being. Thanks
Old 11-15-2014, 02:27 PM

Absolutely praying!! Thank you for the update... I know I'm thousands of miles away, but I can help board wise or any other way possible if you need it.
Kif
Old 11-15-2014, 02:48 PM

Finally got around to taking pics of the FQ's that Bullock2us sent me. I really love these fabrics, already blocks picked out to make with them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]498925[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nov-fq-swap-part-1.jpg   nov-fq-swap-part-2.jpg