Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >
  • November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

• November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-10-2014, 06:45 PM

Awesome score there, Bullock2us!
    Kif
    Old 11-11-2014, 08:06 AM

hairquilt recd the side swap I sent her but couldn't post a pic, so they emailed it to me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]498449[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails nov-fq-side-swap.jpg  
    Old 11-11-2014, 09:02 AM

Beautiful colors in those fqs!!
    Old 11-12-2014, 09:14 PM

Pics of my awesome score from Brat. The colors are deeper, like on the reds..they look pink in the pic, but they're really red:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]498664[/ATTACH]
    Thanks, I love them all!!!
    Kif
    Attached Thumbnails img_20141112_231201.jpg  
    Old 11-13-2014, 04:35 AM

Pretty fabric hairquilt and Kiffie. Espeically love that one with the bears! Bears are always the way to go-LOL
    Old 11-13-2014, 05:29 AM

Kiffie thanks for posting. I am horrible with taking and posting pictures mostly because it takes putting them on facebook then copy and pasting here. Cant seem to do it just directly from my own computer. Used to sigh but not now.

I am so happy to see people are receiving their fat quarters. I hope everyone gets theirs this month! are you getting ready for the batik swap next month.. if not maybe check out what you have. we will have a side swap of anything once again with that one so make sure when I post you say regular swap or side swap and what you would want to swap .. I know its Christmas and everyone goes crazy busy so if you find you have time NOW to pull what you want to swap well you will be ready to go in December! so get ready to say go! on the next swap.

I wonder what everyone is planning for Thanksgiving.... I am having ours next week due to that is when my son and his girlfriend to visit. So rushing to get things ready and making a big meal is my huge plan for Monday. no turkey in my house if my partner had his way it would be enchiladas or tacos. Period. Saving that for Christmas for him and we will have a prime rib to celebrate. OMG those are so expensive btw. A standing rib roast here about 5 lbs is going to cost me over 60.00 yikes. big time. one meal that expensive! wish everyone ate turkey!!! lol. but its a lovely meal and I will make everyone happy with it. so that is all that counts. tada! wondering what to bake? any ideas? was thinking apple pie? a cheesecake? heavy meal .. serious if you have any send me a pm or post it on here. no one says NO to a new recipe!
    Old 11-13-2014, 11:19 PM

Happy to post pics, Brat!
    Kif
    Old 11-14-2014, 06:32 AM

Ok here I am sitting silently no one posted! ok Kiffie did but she always does these things lol. xox Kiffie!

Alright I will talk by myself. Its snowing outside. its 14 degrees currently and should get up to.. 15 today. wow I could use that extra 1 degree. that will surely warm things up. Its better than yesterday so for that I am thankful. Negatives are never fun. My cats are on speed drugs. I am sure of it. they are zooming all over the house this morning. making weird noises and basically looking like they are on something. Maybe its time to call the cops? lol they are nutbars. I wonder has everyone received their fabrics are we done for this month. If you have not received your fabrics yet please post on the board I will see it since its only me writing these days Kiffie that blue with the little bears on it wonder what you will make with that one..
    Old 11-14-2014, 07:34 AM

Still waiting on mine from WMUTeach but she has contacted me and said she has mailed. Maybe today I'll get a package.
    Old 11-14-2014, 08:17 AM

I don't know if my FQ's have arrived since we won't be home until Wednesday. We have a foot of snow here in the mtns. and it's still snowing. So we might stay to make sure the kids can get home or if we have to chain up and pull them home. We don't want to leave and have the dog outside. It's not too cold, just lots of snow.
    Now the bad news, I brought my sewing machine, planned on sewing a lot and now the darn thing isn't working. It sews three stitches and then balls up and won't move. So frustrating!!! I could have made a throw by now, in a perfect world. I'm going to keep working on it while hubby shovels snow. Lots of school closures down home.