Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-08-2014, 05:45 AM

I cant imagine having a 14 yr old either. The energy it takes for them is way more than I have now. I am blessed that the lord allowed me to make it through their growing years first before my kidneys took a vacation permanently. phew. I was married 1 yr 3 months before I had my first. Now I think it would have been smart to have a bit of time as a couple before I had children but I don't regret it.

fabric: I picked your fabrics, I have not mailed your fabrics. I did two errands yesterday and that was one more so they will unfortunately not make it in the mail to Monday Kiffie. sigh. I am sorry. I wish I had cat fabric to send you. I am currently so low I need to keep it Hairquilt. I would have swapped if I did but hogging the little I do have. I have lots of florals but will swap those for valentines I think.

Yesterday I got a yard of skull/day of the dead fabric for my sister. She has asked for an apron (double sided) with skulls on one side and roses on the other. I think I can do this for her. Plus she sent me a gift certificate that I could use for fabric for her so its affordable. plus shipping. she must really want this thing! I look at it and think ugh would not wear skulls everywhere no way no how. We all love something different

Have you got started on Christmas yet? what are you making????
Old 11-08-2014, 09:48 AM

Try taking care of a 2-year-old. We do on Mondays and Tuesdays. Then on Wednesday we just sit back and say, "wow, how did we do that?? But what a joy she is. Always something new.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Try taking care of a 2-year-old. We do on Mondays and Tuesdays. Then on Wednesday we just sit back and say, "wow, how did we do that?? But what a joy she is. Always something new.

I speak from experience, your 2 year old is darling (in pics and Ellie description)
And El, I've told you I don't know how you do it!! But you and your hubs are angels to your lil girl and her parents!

Brat,
You know I'm chomping at the bit, where are my fabrics??!! NOT!! Girl, you know I'm fine whenever my fqs get here. I get more worried when I don't hear if mine have been received, especially since Jaba's 1st pkg was (is) still lost.
Mine won't go out til Monday either, as Saturday our post office closes at noon. I drop mine inside at the self drop, but I'm sure they don't get processed until Monday.

Last but not least:
My fqs from Bullock2us came in! I'm sorry the pic isn't the greatest, the envelope is a bright hot pink..and the fabrics are so vibrant...
What's funny is one fq she sent me, there is one like it in pkg I sent her!!
And, sorry Bullock2us, but I also took a pic of the schnazzy envelope you used... The color is great, and it was totally encased in packing tape.. I was trying to cut through it without cutting the fabric, and my hubby said, "And I thought you went overboard on tape!"...lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498105[/ATTACH]
Thanks for the great fqs! And letting me tease you about your love of tape!! Though I must say, the way envelopes get torn in transit is the reason I tape every edge...
Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20141108_161350.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:59 PM

Received mine from hairquilt today, they are beautiful and she sent me some extra pieces of batiks. You know I love batiks, can always use those. Thank you so much[ATTACH=CONFIG]498127[/ATTACH]Hairquilt here are the FQ's I sent to you and you asked me to post[ATTACH=CONFIG]498131[/ATTACH] sent her a little tea and coffee too! It get's cold in the winter
Attached Thumbnails dscf2388.jpg   photo-2-1-.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Well Kif it was something that had to happen. Gary is 71 and I'm 70 and although we're not blood, (however, her step-sister is our only granddaughter), the family needed us. It's a long story, but they consider us family and we have always loved our DIL as our own, and with the little one's daddy being so sick, we had to do it and we have been blessed so many times over! She is so much a part of our family, there is no one on either side except a disabled grandmother who can't care for her, so God sent her to us. Her love is unconditional.

Hairquilt, are you still looking for cat fabric? What size and how much are you wanting. I don't have large pieces,(like yards) but several smaller pieces that you could have. I also have a good supply of juvenile pieces that I will never use and you could have those too if you wish. Just PM me and let me know.

Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 11-08-2014, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Well Kif it was something that had to happen. Gary is 71 and I'm 70 and although we're not blood, (however, her step-sister is our only granddaughter), the family needed us. It's a long story, but they consider us family and we have always loved our DIL as our own, and with the little one's daddy being so sick, we had to do it and we have been blessed so many times over! She is so much a part of our family, there is no one on either side except a disabled grandmother who can't care for her, so God sent her to us. Her love is unconditional.

Hairquilt, are you still looking for cat fabric? What size and how much are you wanting. I don't have large pieces,(like yards) but several smaller pieces that you could have. I also have a good supply of juvenile pieces that I will never use and you could have those too if you wish. Just PM me and let me know.

Ellie (aka sewellie)
I rest my case... you and Gary are angels...and so is baby W!!<3

I'm living proof that sometimes blood is NOT always best...I had an amazing dad who some would've considered a "stepdad", but to him and me there was no "step".
Sometimes the people God sends to us are the ones we really need.

Kif
Old 11-09-2014, 07:02 AM

What can I say-not only am I a fabraholic--I am also a tapeaholic!LOL I have a monthly subscription to something and it comes in the pink envelopes and they are nice and padded so I figure why not reuse them. I don't always go so overboard on the tape but since the weather is starting to get worse and the PO has been having some delivery issues thought I better step it up a little. That is funny- I haven't ever received any fabric that I already had or sent.Great minds think alike I guess! I am 44 and it is alot harder to take care of a youngun this age than when I was 20 that is for sure.Married at 18 got out of the hospital with her on our second wedding anniversary and then didn't have another for 14 yrs. Boy was he a suprise and a blessing we never knew we wanted! I can't imagine not having him now. My dad said God must have thought that we needed a little boy at our house since he does everything for a reason. We may not know what that reason is at the time and we may never know the reason but there is a reason. Sewellie it is fantastic that you and your husband can give the love and attention to that little girl-I am sure she brings you just as much joy as you bring her! Beautiful fabric you got Jaba!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
What can I say-not only am I a fabraholic--I am also a tapeaholic!LOL I have a monthly subscription to something and it comes in the pink envelopes and they are nice and padded so I figure why not reuse them. I don't always go so overboard on the tape but since the weather is starting to get worse and the PO has been having some delivery issues thought I better step it up a little. That is funny- I haven't ever received any fabric that I already had or sent.Great minds think alike I guess! I am 44 and it is alot harder to take care of a youngun this age than when I was 20 that is for sure.Married at 18 got out of the hospital with her on our second wedding anniversary and then didn't have another for 14 yrs. Boy was he a suprise and a blessing we never knew we wanted! I can't imagine not having him now. My dad said God must have thought that we needed a little boy at our house since he does everything for a reason. We may not know what that reason is at the time and we may never know the reason but there is a reason. Sewellie it is fantastic that you and your husband can give the love and attention to that little girl-I am sure she brings you just as much joy as you bring her! Beautiful fabric you got Jaba!
Your dad sounds like a smart man!
Kif
Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 AM

So glad Jeanne49 posted pics-got her package of FQ & they are Awesome!! Bonus notepad appreciated too!! Also received my long lost repro FQs from tlambing & they are the Bomb!! She sent the cutest little note pad & a little red clothes hanger paperclip!! So cute-I asked where do U find such things!! I've looked at Hancocks,JAs etc but have not seen anything half as cute as what I have received from others!! Thanks for a Very FUN swap!!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:31 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]498416[/ATTACH]Look at all the fun fabric I got from Jeanne49. She really outdid herself. Also received a Christmas mug rug and a notepad. Thanks so much again Jeanne49. I love it all-especially the bears. Love and collect bears.
Attached Thumbnails 1110141913-1-.jpg