Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 PM

If anyone has extra monkey fabric, I sure would love to trade!! I LOVE MONKEYS.
FYI I was fortunate to have all my fabric covered so no soot got on them. The other good thing is that there was no odor associated with it. I always cover my fabric that I'm working on, the extra fabric is in drawers and covered totes. Always has been a habit so that if things happen it won't be ruined. Yeah, bless my little heart.

Anyway back to monkeys, even scraps.

Last edited by sewellie; 11-05-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Will mail my swap to nancyw tomorrow. Has been pkged for a week, now I'm going to "get 'er done."
Old 11-05-2014, 08:08 PM

What kind of monkey fabric are you looking for or in any particular colors?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:07 PM

Anything and everything, even scraps. I would hope that I have something that would interest you to trade. Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 PM

Thankful that at least your fabric is unscathed, Ellie!!
I had some monkey fabric, it was flannel..but really cute! Monkeys with bananas in trees, playing, etc. But I think I pif'd the last of it a couple months back. I'll check, tho...

Bullock2us, Brat, and SheriR,
Thinking my new fabric will be in maybe Friday (woo-hoo).
I already have the rest of our swap fqs ready to send. But of course when I decided I NEEDED new fabric, I found several that work for the icy blue, silver, wintry theme. So I'll be putting some of those in, too.
Who knows, Brat?? There may be a Valentine fabric or 2 in your future as well...and some blenders that are NOT yellow or pink. Those colors are great, but girlfriend you've got to have some other solids/blenders to enhance all the novelty/patterned fabrics you use...

I also ordered new batiks, so I'll have them for next month (I really needed those, too. Yep, I did, I surely did.)

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-05-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:30 AM

Let me check and see what I have - I think I had some left after making my granddaughter a dress and a couple other things. Will try to check tonight after karate and see what I come up with!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:31 AM

Dear Kiffie I love you. I adore you. I think wow your magnificent. I sure am glad your my friend. now SEND FABRIC! lol I love valentines day and am wondering what besides pink one would send. yellow? I think not! blenders I know groan.. I need blenders. I suck at blenders. I love them yes I do tone on tones /blenders. I need them. I just like shopping for the other stuff. like beautiful floral fabrics.. Christmas fabrics.. turkeys ... yup I need them. I figure I will get blenders.. later. What a goof I am. later is hard to come by here. should only buy blenders til I have 20 of them. then allow myself to buy fun fabrics. after of course I use all 20 of those that I have lol.

monkeys? I need more monkeys. I have three different ones now. enough to make a quilt but want more. lol. One with a yellow background one with a pale green back ground and one with white background but pink and red and teal monkeys. Probably a lot more monkeys than most have lol but I NEED more. thinking of doing a simple square
5" block repeated across the whole quilt but different monkeys. simple but cute. easy to do. some blenders mixed in there. all the ideas I have .. the energy is limited however. So one quilt at a time now.

we have to be close to seeing these great fabrics. I think its wonderful that people are telling me they have sent. what a relief. I don't have the money unfortunately to send replacement fabrics to those who don't receive. I don't want people feeling sad they don't receive so please please please send your packages to your partners.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Well I've mailed all my swaps & it's only the 6th so now what do I do? I know I have monkeys-let me look! My fave fabric is cats. I've used all my Laurel Burch & miss them so much! I love to sneak a cat somewhere in all my quilts kinda like a signature! How about a cat fabric swap Brat?? LOL-need to sew more & swap less but its So much fun!
Old 11-06-2014, 04:03 PM

I was going to show my material on here but I guess we are leaving it as a surprise????
Old 11-06-2014, 04:45 PM

My lovely FQ's went out today to jeanne49 and kiffie. Should be there by Monday-Enjoy!