Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 PM

HaHaHa!!! I collect pigs too. I have a cute silver pig necklace w/matching earrings. It's all I wear. I have a great collection of pig fabric. One day I need to make myself a pig quilt!!! If you'd like more winter fabrics I'll have two sets to swap.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:46 PM

I must apologize to nancyw for not mailing her pkg on Monday as promised. Had a mishap with a kerosene lamp and have had to scrub down 8 rooms with soot. The furnace came on and dispersed soot to all the rooms. We have had a big mess. W'e're o the downhill side of it now and will get it in the mail this week. So sorry for the delay!!
Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 11-05-2014, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
HaHaHa!!! I collect pigs too. I have a cute silver pig necklace w/matching earrings. It's all I wear. I have a great collection of pig fabric. One day I need to make myself a pig quilt!!! If you'd like more winter fabrics I'll have two sets to swap.
More winter fabrics sounds good to me! And you're a fellow piggy lover, too...
I actually just ordered in several more winter theme fabrics, they should be in by Friday or Saturday..
I didn't NEED them, but I sure did WANT them, so Happy November 5th to me, and my fq swap partners!! Lol

Kif
Old 11-05-2014, 07:26 AM

Sewellie that is a horrible thing! omg and your not I in the best shape to do all that work. I am so sorry! I am sure your partner will understand.

Ok piggies I don't collect them but sometimes they are so cute. I made a quilt for the aids wall with pigs flying. I would love to find that fabric again I can think of so many times a when pigs fly would come in handy

What is your favorite fun fabric you own (maybe for no reason and you cant explain it even)? I sometimes just buy something because it calls to me then wonder.. oh heck what am I doing to do with THAT??? I think currently mine is some happy monkeys with red and pink then little teal ankle socks. why did I need that??? oh one day.. lol. everyone does it don't deny it it wont get you a pass card in this little test. I think there is one of us here that is novelty fabric phobic but probably has a couple she likes a lot inspite of it. I know this cause I have received scraps from her with novelties on them that she has made from a big quilt. ah ha! caught! busted! grin. not naming names just saying... it happens to the very best of us.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Now Brat,
I think I know who you mean...
But I won't name names either....
And I fully admit I have quite a few novelty fabrics...I just need to figure out what to make with them all.
With everything I have really...before I kick the bucket and my dear sweet son (said oh so sincerely) has a a BIG sale. He so sweetly told me not to worry...
"Mom, I'll open up the doors and say 5 dollahs...".
I told the sweet lil thang, that I'd "HAUNT YOU!!"
Of course he has the same twisted...unique?? sense of humor I do...

My current fave novelty is one that has ladies walking, they have um, ample backsides, and they're carrying stacks of folded fabrics, selvage says it's "Fat Quarters"...

Kif
Old 11-05-2014, 02:08 PM

I'll be sending off my pkg. for the Nov. FQ swap tomorrow, and also hairquilt and I are doing a side swap and that pkg. will be sent tomorrow also.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:17 PM

I am definately not a novelty fabric phobic. I love novelty. It just is fun and makes me smile. My favorite fabric is-ALL OF IT!!!!! Sometimes when I buy a fabric that I really like and do find something to do with it-I like it so much that I don't want to cut it up-but what good is it doing just sitting there not being used? Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:02 PM

ah bullock2us perhaps we should make you tons of novelty stuff you have KIDS! kids are a big bonus when it comes to quilting. I mean you can use this.. and a bit of that.. and some of this one.. yup. it is perfect. I however will snag the super cute ones because well I need those. I am making six kids quilts for my future grandchildren. I figure I might not be here so want them to have something of me even if I am not here. I am stuck on monkey fabric and this cool fabric that I found that is bright colored flowers. have enough for one of those quilts now so its onto the monkeys... then need more boy things but don't want to seem to buy boy fabric. cars? boring! hunting stuff? double boring.. primary colors? yuck I know they work perfectly but... I want girl girl girl fabric. Sigh. I had two boys before I got a little girl of my own. I guess I was boy stuff done by the time I had Genavieve. My luck all grandsons so had best find something that makes me smile in boy land. zoo maybe? its a thought. running out of them lol.

I cut and sewed my mug rug.. top. cut the bottom, cut the batting and the binding. will have to finish on Friday it wore me out. I also am making a pot of corn chowder with a hint of Mexican theme.. a little taco seasoning, a little green peppers and of course cheese for the top. then I am making enchiladas. I have the topping all cut and ready for the assembly. Just need to get out there and put them together then let the oven do the work. ahhh. getting tired quick so off to the kitchen now!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:17 PM

It is alot harder to make for boys- that is why I think the I Spy quilts are fun for them. You can put some baseballs, footballs, planes, animals, dinosaurs, superheroes- whatever goes and you don't even have to try match it. You can put all the boring things together to make them somewhat exciting and they go together quickly. I love making stuff for my granddaughter- she is the spitting image of our daughter at that age. She will be 24 this month-where did the time go? My son likes me to make him pillowcases and blankets. He is 9 so I have to make sure that everything is MANLY looking enough for him. As he informs me he is not a baby anymore and I inform him that he will always be my baby. Hope you will be around to see your grandchildren and can see their excitement and love of something made just for them by Grandma.

Last edited by Bullock2us; 11-05-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:40 PM

Mailed out our side swap to hairquilt today. Hope you like the fabric, I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I just have 2 boys and I really love making quilts for them. They are "older" now, 44 amd 46, and even go with me to pick out what they want. I truly have to say it is a privilege making something for them that they really want and they are getting into picking out fabric. Oldest son went on a trip to Hong Kong a month ago and guess what....he came home with fabric. Love making for grand daughter's and great grand daughter's also, but my son's give me a challenge always. May be it's the MANLY thing bullock2us
Just so you know Brat, mine are mailed and on the way.....