Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps! >

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

November Fat Quarter Swap: theme is Winter! plus the bonus of side swaps!

Old 11-03-2014, 07:47 AM

Sheri you will be bombarded by people! lol Jan thanks for the update. Sewellie I had misspelled Nancy W when I first wrote you and have corrected it in email to you. Its Nancyw no space hope that helps. waiting to hear back from here myself. I mistakenly allowed a sign up with out a mail to and that is my fault. If she doesn't write to you this week which I believe she will please let me know and we will work out a new partner for you!

time flies quickly when your swapping. it seems like you have tons of time to do this then wham ! you have a whole lot less than you thought so don't put it off to long. pull your fabrics, package your fabrics and send them! its true send early less troubles later. Amazingly lots of fabrics are getting lost in the mail or taking an eternity to arrive. If you can afford it send it priority if you cant I understand. but mail things asap, and watch for your partner to receive it. let me know when you have mailed so I can remove your name from the list of people swapping. thanks!
Old 11-03-2014, 05:19 PM

I PM'd my partner last night and she replied this morning. I luckily have a lot of winter fabrics in my Christmas/Winter tote and found plenty to send to her. She said she still has a you child at home and a 1 year old granddaughter. I am sending her lots - it's cut and ready to go but I will wait till the end of the week before I send it, just in case I come across something else.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Just heard from my SP tumrub & have a winter package ready to go. Went shopping Sunday & got some really pretty fabric-one FQ to go & one for me too! I was surprised that there weren't a lot of winter things-snow & such to pick from. Stocked up on thread 50% off. I'm happy now.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:36 AM

Well,
Here's my DUH-MB moment for the moment (wink wink)
I was waiting to get a pm with my partners name....lucky for me I decided to check in and double check date we get our names!!
So, going to pick out all if the loudest darkest colored (blues and blacks for winter storms) 1930's fabrics, and poinsettias fabrics (frozen dead ones, for the winter theme) I can find...
Oh, and I think I've seen snowmen with spider webs on them...hopefully no spiders lurking in the web's...

See, Brat?? You send me polyester, I'll be super sweet back to ya!!

Seriously, I'm happy I checked in, with my forgetful self...It'd be awful to mail late to our hostess!! ACK!!!

Off to get your pkg ready, ma'am...
No spiders, I promise

Hugs,
K
Old 11-04-2014, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I pmed my partner. I'm going to shop for the theme tomorrow and I'll mail as soon as I hear from her. As far as side swaps go, I always buy a yard of each fabric I'm swapping. That makes four FQ's. One for my partner, one for me, and two for sides. SO if anyone wants more white/blue/winter, let me know.
SheriR,
You KNOW I'm always in to swap with you!!
I try not to jump in every month and "hog" you, but I guess I collect pigs for a reason..
Oink, oink,
Kif
Old 11-04-2014, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
SheriR,
You KNOW I'm always in to swap with you!!
I try not to jump in every month and "hog" you, but I guess I collect pigs for a reason..
Oink, oink,
Kif
You wanna swap pigs for winter fabrics??
Old 11-04-2014, 06:51 AM

I have these if anyone is interested in swapping. the one on the left with mittens is a batik and the one next to it on the right is a metallic. Let me know if you are interested in swapping for these! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 1104140721.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 08:28 AM

I just received my lost package from last month back in the mail! Somehow, the address was messed up. they put so many stickers on it and marked out the zip code with black, so I can't even tell how/if I messed it up. Anyway, alas the fabric is not lost Hairquilt and I are going to swap it again

Just wanted to share a happy ending
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
I just received my lost package from last month back in the mail! Somehow, the address was messed up. they put so many stickers on it and marked out the zip code with black, so I can't even tell how/if I messed it up. Anyway, alas the fabric is not lost Hairquilt and I are going to swap it again

That's funny. Glad it showed up lol!!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post

That's great!
Wish Jaba's from me that was lost 2 months ago would show up...
Guess I'm thankful the replacement I sent her didn't get lost, too..

SheriR,
Are you offering pig fabrics??? Maybe Santa pigs, Angel pigs, snow pigs...hmmm.. Ok, that last one is just weird...lol..
Or, I guess it could be ham, in honor of Christmas dinner..

I was started on the pig collecting by a friend's hubby..
I used to always say "When pigs fly"..
They came back from a vacation, friend and her hubby met my hubby and I for dinner. Her hubby handed me a lil souvenir sack. I was scared to open it, because he's as ornery as I am...
But I did, and inside was a magnet..a pig with wings!!
We all got a laugh. I put it on my fridge, and 25+ yrs later my pig collection is rampant!!

Weird how things start, eh??..

I'm happy to swap whatever.
Are you interested in any certain wintry fabrics?? Or any other fabrics??
You know my fabric room was dubbed "Grammy's Quilt Shop" by my lil granddaughter, so I have quite a variety...

Bullock2us,
If no one has nabbed you, I'm happy to swap with you, are you looking for anything specific??

Regards all,
Kif

PS I just got in several new batiks, forgot next month they're the theme, but it works out great!!