Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: November Secret Pal Sign up Closes Nov 3rd CDST 4pm

Segasal, neat coat for the 'man'. Are you still going where Meadow might get in trouble with family? Be careful and educate them on service puppies!!!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Has anyone heard how Krystyna is? Last I saw she was moving in to an apartment. Would love an update and for her to know we're still thinking of her.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

HOpe everyone spent their Thanksgiving well. My boyfriend and I went out to eat then to Walmart for Black Friday. It wasn't as bad as we thought since we weren't going for anything big at all. By 8 pm we were first on the line to pay and were out in 8 mins. I've seen the horror stories on the news for other places but it went well for us. Did go to Joanns this morning for the irons on sale and got two, one for me and one for my boyfriend, he actually loves to iron! Wonderful packages still coming in and lets keep them coming so we may get the Dec. swap going.

Just received my package this afternoon from "Shawnna." Lots of 30's fabric pieces that I love! A pair of snuggly warm socks, a handmade table runner and other goodies. Thank you, Shawnna! Will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Segasal, neat coat for the 'man'. Are you still going where Meadow might get in trouble with family? Be careful and educate them on service puppies!!!
    yes we have worked something out...so we shall see how it goes..turns out a family member has an allergy

Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    yes we have worked something out...so we shall see how it goes..turns out a family member has an allergy
    eye drops and benadryl....
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    SP BOLO for a package racing out of Florida as fast as and Indy racecar. In the mailbox waiting for pickup.

Blog Entries
    received my SP package from CathyA...what a treasure trove WOW...so many good things , thread, pin cushion, mug rugs for christmas, my favorite candy bars, (haven't gotten to eat one yet) gorgeous fabric LOTS...see the pictures, so generous Cathy...I can just say WOW again. The basket is WOW too...love everything
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    the first picture didn't come thru...
    Last edited by LindaR; 11-24-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: HOHO upside down LOL
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Has anyone heard how Krystyna is? Last I saw she was moving in to an apartment. Would love an update and for her to know we're still thinking of her.
    I text Krystyna the day after Thanksgiving and she was doing an inventory on her blongings at the house, haven't heard from her since,,, she sounded reaally busy so didn't want to bother her further... GodBless, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Rosemary
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
    the first picture didn't come thru...
    Love those pincushions that go ontop of a spool of thread, to lazy to make my own...LOL
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

LindaR, enjoy that book by Kathy Reichs. Have read some of her - she is really good. Just finished Spider Bones and her very first 206 Bones. Have two more on my shelf to read. Like the looks of that pin cushion - I'll have to try to duplicate that pattern.... hmmm...
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

I received my Secret pal package late yesterday..............Opened it and went to bed ...........not waking up again until this morning..............Black Friday is just to much for me.......................I've been saying for the last few years.....no more...................LOL.............and what happens..........out I go..........

NancyW sent me the perfect squishy.............and since she was my secret pal last month she had a challege for another package...............

Sure wish my camera was working..........

She made me a tool kit.............in it she had a small cutting board..........small cutter..........two small square templates and one small ruler..........pens ...........sharpies..........now all I have to add is the seam ripper she sent me last month..........

I also received tea and cup a soup..........yum.............

three fat quarters of yummy colors...........

Nancy also sent two books of Zen-sational stitches for quilting........a technique that is new to me...........looking forward to trying it....................

Thanks Nancy I love everything and your the best.............

Oh yeah I forgot..................Nancy also set the perfect box for Dylan my cat.........ok so it is the box she sent all my goodies in ..........Dylan still thinks it was sent just for him...............

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    I'm very thankful that my DH was late (as usual) in leaving Lake Charles to drive to Houston yesterday morning and avoided that 100-car pileup on I-10 that he would have been in the middle of if he left when he was supposed to. Now for sure he'll never make an effort to be on time for anything.

Blog Entries
    I have opened the December Secret pal Swap!!

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Lori -- ck your in-box for Nov 16 and 17 -- I sent you messages. I still have not received one from my SP letting me know she got her box. I'm disappointed since I took the time to make some things and tried to include some specific items she wanted.

I collect turtles too -- only mine are live. I started a turtle pen in the back yard for ones I rescued from dogs, the road, etc. Before I knew it I'm up to over a dozen box turtles, various kinds. It's fun watching the new hatchlings grow. Right now they have settled into their winter sleep until Feb or so. Also have a 30-lb African Spur tortoise. We weren't sure whether it was male or female until she laid an egg last week. We've had her over 10 years and this was the first. Ingrid lives in a special enclosure in the garage -- only tolerates temps 65 to 85.

Re: the owl pin cushion -- isn't it adorable? I think I remember seeing a larger version somewhere on the internet -- can't remember where. Maybe Freequiltpatterns.com under "pincusions". I didn't understand the pattern until I saw this one made. Don't think it's too terribly difficult to make. Anxious to try after holidays.

I am in again Sent in my PM to Lori
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    eye drops and benadryl....
    She is bringing her meds with her. The cousin is being really great about the situation

Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  1.89 MBYAY!!! I got my SP package today and it was worth the wait!! Thanks so much, Lauriejo! I got the most wonderful blue/aqua/turquoise fabrics, a darling pair of Xmas socks, a portable emergency( or travel) sewing kit, magnifier tweezers ( boy, do I need those!), rotary blades, 2 bars of milk chocolate, well, one, now!!! An address book, a pocket planner, a small pentagon template, a darling Amy Butler purse pattern, a note pad with pen, a visitor's guide to Northeast Ohio (my Mother was born in Ohio), and the cutest tree ornament of a red cardinal sitting on a buckeye and a lovely card. Thanks so much, Laurie!

AND, I'm in for next month, too!!
    Last edited by Vanuatu Jill; 11-24-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: forgot the photo!

Blog Entries
    We are leaving in the morning for 3 days. No big deal, Hubby is having cataract surgery at the VA in Biloxi. Hope I can find some good quilt shops in Biloxi or Gulfport. My son is dog sitting so I have to leave my laptop for him. I will be in withdrawls until Tuesday night! See ya! Don't have too much fun without me.

Blog Entries
    didn't mean to be confusing. I was joking about the fact that my p.m. was to you because I mailed my package the same day I received my package in it was from you. so the 1 p.m. covered all 3 p.m. lol. still waiting to hear if my secret PAL like the package I sent her. my package from Lori was great I mean absolutely great. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    these are the people who have not received yet, if your name is on this list by mistake please send me a pm asap. If you have not received your Nov package and your name is NOT on this list please send me a pm asap! Thank you. Lori

areinn mailed to her 11-20
    crafty darlene mailed to her 11-20
    cuppy mailed to her 11-19
    Gaijin mailed to her 11-13 Japan
    lac5387 mailed to her 11-24
    laquita mailed to her 11-14
    nelco mailed to her 11-19
    oz & lily mailed to her 11-19
    SLHughes mailed to her 11-13 Canada
    sustraley mailed to her 11-15
    swampfox mailed to her 11-15

very cute packages.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Name:  SDC12056.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  437.0 KB
    here is my suprise from 'areinn' Love the FQ and now I will never be with out pins anywhere I go as she gave me to magnet pin holders. and I can have nice sharp ccorners with the turner. Thank you
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Here is the pic of the goodies that I received from letsquilt. She made an autumn rug with a matching mug which I have used already. There were 4 gorgeous batik fat quarters and 3 Christmas fabrics. I loved the 2 autumn hand towels and the mint m and m's; Also a note pad and a magazine called Slow Cooker that I have not seen before; a pretty card and hot chocolate mix. Thank you so much for everything.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast