Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: November Secret Pal Sign up Closes Nov 3rd CDST 4pm

Lori-so sorry to hear about your fur baby (((hugs)))
    Susan!-hope you are over the nasty flu
    Missus Fear-L*O*V*E the bag!!

Hint to my pal- we play on at least one other swap together and this month I'll have you on more than one as my partner
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    I am enjoying the cooler weather today, it is the first really perfect for sewing day we have had.

SP, I had borrowed a few Doggie bones from my MIL, they have a dog, I only have cats now. I was going to put the doggie bones in your SP box, but it looks like the cats decided to play with them! Stewie bats it around and licks it, Bella will grab it from him and tear off across the room... I was wondering how they got a hold of catnip! But it was only a Dog treat. Hubby says we should get them more often. So I think you Dog will be happier with out the treats the cats have had most of the day! (I mailed your package yesterday the only thing I can figure out is one of the cats stole them from the package before I put them in the box!)

I am working on Embroidery machine and it has so many color changes, no time to use the sewing machine, but the Turkey is turning out so cute!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Secret Pal~I have just ordered you something that you wanted and instead of having it shipped to me and then on to you, it will be coming directly to you...and, it may be there before the rest of your package arrives
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Lori sorry about Kitty. Know she was special... Aren't all out kitties spoiled???

I am waiting to hear from Krystyna, she was busy when I texted her earlier and said she'd get back to me... They got an apartment so hopefully some furiture and are getting settled in.. I have only received 2-12.5 inch Friendship blocks from Ronda for the quilt, I'd sure like to get it together and start quilting it, so if you offered to make a block please mail soon.. Thanks...Please sign them... Hugs
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Lori sorry to hear about your kitty.
    I'm glad Krystyna has an apartment.
    I hope everyone else is happy and healthy.
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

My SP, your package will go out tomorrow. Hint: you are less then 6 hours from me.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

I think I see someone who has me....I will see in a few days.
    Vicki W

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm trying to hurry SP's just have a little more hand sewing. Been doing it tonight by my hand got tired!! Usually mine is in the mail by now and not making you wait, sorry. One of your favorite colors is teal maybe some pink or was it purple? We'll see,,,,,,,,

Sorry about your loss Lori! Our furry friends are family and each one holds a very special part of our hearts.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    my sp lives west of me and the first 2 letters of her city and her state are the SAME!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

HEY!... You all behaving? Don't forget..I got a ruler... and I can whack some hands.. you better get those packages out on time, time is running out... and DONT FORGET TO SEND THOSE EMAILS Just sayin....Ok.. carry on..Also.. come join my darned swap.. I need more people
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    Off Topic: today I had to put my cat, "kitty" to sleep. He had stopped eating and looked larger around the middle than normal. He had cancer.
    Oh my goodness! I feel so sorry for your loss. I had a cat that did the same thing a couple of years ago. just stopped eating. I was up every two hours trying to get food in her. Vet never said what it was, I was crazy with grief. Said I would never get another cat. A couple of months later I went to the shelter and rescued my Chessie. I still think about her, lovingly, all the time. She spent 9 years loving us, and us her. I think loosing a pet can be just like loosing a member of the family, cause you really are. Best wishes and prayers go out to you. Onalee
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I will be mailing my package to my SP later today. I just have to write a note to her. Here are some clues:

1) she does post here but not a lot.
    2) from my door to hers is 750 miles.
    3) She has a pet.
    4) She celebrates holidays
    5) she is a grandmother

Buslady, Good luck with your new dog. We rescued two 6-yr old Silkie Terriers and had them for more than 10 years. I still miss them fiercely but now am free to travel. My crazy cat stays home and my GS comes and feeds him. He went to the kennel just once and he was really MAD when I got home.

Thank you. He is settling in nicely, he and the cat get along, but the cat is sooooooo jelous! She has taken to insisting on attention in the middle of the night! He is 11 so I don't figure I will have him more than a couple of years, but they will be good ones! We went for a LONG walk on the beach last night. Life is good.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    OK, SP, I found some goodies for your box, but still looking for one item Also, want to pick out something handmade just for you, as requested. Zip adds to 23. We have a lot of the same likes. Will be going to the "city" on Monday, hope to find that elusive item then, so pkg will likely go out Tuesday.
    Onalee Rose

Blog Entries
    Lori sorry to hear about your Kitty....Hugs to y ou my friend
    Yes, I am finally feeling better! I am hoping to be 100% by Monday when I go back to school. Although yesterday I landed back on the couch ... over did it again so today I will be relaxing!

Blog Entries
    Hey Susan, enjoy your lazy day! The flu is not funny so take good care of yourself.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Haven't been here for a few days. Sorry to hear about your kitty Lori. We lost our kitty a few years ago, she was 18 and her kidneys were starting to fail. One of the things that was hard for me was that she passed away while my husband and I were at work. I really wished I had been home with her during her final hours.

Blog Entries
    I was gonna mail your package today SP, but got caught up in errands...the good news is all done! Paid our income and real estate taxes, I know, TMI, mailed out some checks, got the registrations for all 3 cars (including our '67 VW camper that is off the road til it gets some brakes that work), gassed up the car, picked up some prescriptions....seemed like we got more done while we were actually doing it then writing it!

So tomorrow I will print off the label for your package and get the mail lady to pick it up. You live in a state where we get a lot of work done on the '89 VW camper and where we camp a lot. We go to Natural Bus there...and you don't post too much on this thread...so now you know exactly who you are right?????

SP, I got your box mailed to you a few minutes ago. A few hints??? You like the same color I do, I love the name of your street, you post a lot on this thread.

Got my SP package mailed today. Sorry SP, I got so carried away with the things I put in there, I didn't get you a book, and I really didn't get you the fabric color you were looking for. But did include your favorite color fabric in with the FQs I sent and the coffee you like. I hope you're not too disappointed. Oh, your zip is 21 and you're somewhere west.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
    SP, I got your box mailed to you a few minutes ago. A few hints??? You like the same color I do, I love the name of your street, you post a lot on this thread.

I'll be on the lookout for it - I know it's for me because of the name of my street - and the view IS very scenic - right into the Smokie Mountains!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Just sent my package on it's way across the pond. (that's a hint) But in the rush to send it off I forgot her card on my table. So hint #2 is...it comes without a card with my info.

SP your package was mailed today. Your zip adds up to 15. Look for hint tomorrow.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Come on be a bit more specific which country is it going to is it England? Perhaps its going up to the Granite City, anyway I will be on the look out for an anonymous package.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    Just sent my package on it's way across the pond. (that's a hint) But in the rush to send it off I forgot her card on my table. So hint #2 is...it comes without a card with my info.

Quote Originally Posted by greenini View Post
    I was gonna mail your package today SP, but got caught up in errands...the good news is all done! Paid our income and real estate taxes, I know, TMI, mailed out some checks, got the registrations for all 3 cars (including our '67 VW camper that is off the road til it gets some brakes that work), gassed up the car, picked up some prescriptions....seemed like we got more done while we were actually doing it then writing it!

So tomorrow I will print off the label for your package and get the mail lady to pick it up. You live in a state where we get a lot of work done on the '89 VW camper and where we camp a lot. We go to Natural Bus there...and you don't post too much on this thread...so now you know exactly who you are right?????
    Oh my, this could be me!! :-) It's great when you get bunches of errands done all at once. Sorta takes a load off the shoulders!

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast