Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I had a hunch my secret pal was Verna2197 when she posted a hint, but I didn't know for sure until I received my SP package yesterday.

Oh my, I can't get over all of the goodies she can pack into a box! I'm attaching a picture. She sent one yard of vintage style hankies printed fabric. 3 "happy colors" fat quarters along with some flower fabrics and strips of fabric (I'm working on a scrappy strip quilt).

Also.. tick tacks (which my 11 year old daughter tried to claim as soon as she saw them).. but nope.. they are mine mine mine. What is it with kids these days? They automatically think everything is theirs theirs theirs :roll:

She also sent a package of rotary cutting blade from Harbor Freight. I've heard so much about these on this board but never tried them - now I can :thumbup:

She send me an appliqued/embroidered washcloth which I just love. I never get hand made gifts from friends or family, I'm always the one making them - so I definitely appreciate this one.

She also sent a soapstone pencil, never heard of these but I can't wait to give it a try. A measuring gauge which I desperately need, a sewing kit which will be great to keep in the car for those disasters that happen when away from home. A Christmas Quilt label, and I'm trying to think what else I forgot - she crammed this box full!!

It was definitely a wonderful box. Thanks so much :)
WOW! Nice and a half!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804
Here's a pic of the TOP to a baby quilt I just finished for my daughter's girlfriend, who is having her baby shower next Sun so I need to get busy!
Teresa, so cute!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 AM

[quote=IrelandDragonQuilting]
Dyer804 what direction did you send off your package? A wee bit west??? North west???

Mine went Northeast. Zip adds up to 23!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by grumpy90650
well, herre is another hint (or two)...i was going to mail on tuesday, but something i ordered did not come in saturdays mail, so i may have to mail on wednesday (still before the deadline!!!)...we will see what tuesday's mail brings..........some hints:

one has a dog, and one does not
both love christmas and thanksgiving
neither one does hand embroidery

ok that is the clues for sunday..........hyave a great day everyone!! gina
me me me?????
Brenda, you have that cutie pie pup in pearls. That's enough. (Here, puppy, puppy, puppy ... I have yummy treats for you! And I'll let you on the sofa ...)
Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Ladybug, if I am ever your SP, you can just send me that pincushion and I would Be thrilled! I love it!
Candi Maybe Lori will take a bribe.... If I get your name would be happy to send you a Pin cushion...
Old 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
Originally Posted by Krystyna
I received a great SP gift from Rosemary aka Ladybug1938!
Great package and that pin cushion is incredible! :thumbup:
It is so pretty. Reminds me of a water lily.
The flower Pin Cushion is called the Lotus Flower
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM

I received a great SP gift from Rosemary aka Ladybug1938! It was here when I got home from an all day picnic and just what I needed to perk me back up. I sure hope my pictures do the handmade items justice. They are beautiful! I got a cute scarecrow that sits on a shelf, candles and holder, 4 fat quarters, panels of little animals and flowers (sizeable amount), folding box, sticky notes, notepad, a Cats In Quilts quilt book...so cute!... and handmade items......my first mug rug and it has a little pocket that had 2 black currant tea bags, 2 instant coffee tubes, and cappuccino that I'm drinking right now. :lol: Also, my first handmade pin cushion that's a beautiful flower... and a little travel sewing kit including scissors and a needle. Thanks so much Ladybug...I love it all!

Very cute pincushion. I've never seen one like it before.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:58 AM

Wow, trying to catch up here. What wonderful boxes people are getting.

I'll take one of each.

I'll take the angel pin from that one, the pincushion from that one, the beauteous fabric from that one. Nevermind, just rebundle them and send them my way!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 AM

I received such a nice package from Charles (aka swampfox) . A pretty blue ,flowered arm chair caddie and two blue pot holders ( How did you know I love blue ? ) Pumpkin spice tea, machine needles,gourmet popcorn, a seam frog ,oops "rip perrrrrrrrrrr, 2 brown fat 1/4, a darling pattern,and treats for our "child" Shadow. (I'm not telling about or sharing my red licorice or chocolates. ) You did not just read that ! Charles, thank you so much. I really appreciate everything. And I want to say thank you for your service and sacrafice for all of us in your sevice to our country ! God Bless. Sara
Old 10-09-2011, 11:21 AM

So , now the firmie I mailed is going over one of the worlds' oceans ( No ! I won''t say which one ). I imagine, barring unforseen postal hiccups, it should be there within the next week. So, yes, it is going over a LOT of ocean. Sara