Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Where is everybody? I haven't received anything from here since Sept. 24. Is it me or is something wrong with the board? I know Brenda is ok, I have heard from her on the PM. I still want to swap, doesn't anybody else?
    Phyllis
    sunrise450
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
    Where is everybody? I haven't received anything from here since Sept. 24. Is it me or is something wrong with the board? I know Brenda is ok, I have heard from her on the PM. I still want to swap, doesn't anybody else?
    Phyllis
    sunrise450
    I have been gone for some much needed R & R for a bit...just got home...not sure where everyone else it...I've also been beginning to work furiously on Christmas gift giving now...tis the time...
    Ronda

I've been swapping like crazy; just doing a bunch of side swaps, but staying very busy.

Blog Entries
    I thought it was me! But I have been working on a couple English Paper Pieced lap quiltsbesides the new things. A lady who is part of our quilting at church made a cute quilt top using scraps. So of course, I needed a new project, right, and made a Christmas scrap runner. We will be in MI with DH's family for Christmas, so going to do a few of these to take along. Also found a pattern for a fabric box, it may have been on the QB. Nice way to use those larger squares. Now I should get busy and finish some that are downstairs. I am the one who loves new patterns to sew but doesn't like to quilt them.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

These are some of the items I use my scraps for. The little pillows are 1", at doll house scale. The pineapple block is 5.5" from a Bonnie Hunter book. I 'only' need over 200 of these. I see I made a color mistake on this one. I'm not ripping it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome goldendog! I like those little pineapples. I made a couple from a fons and porter magazine. I wouldn't rip out either.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Wow, these are wonderful! Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    These are some of the items I use my scraps for. The little pillows are 1", at doll house scale. The pineapple block is 5.5" from a Bonnie Hunter book. I 'only' need over 200 of these. I see I made a color mistake on this one. I'm not ripping it out!

Blog Entries
    Judy, I am so envious. I have tried to do the little things like your pineapples, and give up. They are awesome!!!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Goldendog, Love your pineapple. It is awesome. Your little pillows are sew tiny. You do great work. Love your avatar, too.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Nice work golden! Don't you hate it when you find a color boo boo after the fact? I LOVE paper piecing!!!!!
    Ronda

I just ran across this thread , I have at least 5-6 30 gal bags of scraps YIKES! I am currently pulling a bag at a time out and ironing the wads of fabric and thinking about cutting them into certain sizes. The first bag I got through ended up being much smaller after the fabrics were ironed lol Maybe I would be better off to just get them ironed and sorted and then cut them up as I need to for swaps here ! I love swapping because it feeds my desire for new fabrics . I also have a few one gallon ziploc bags of crumbs . I was going to throw these away but see some tiny miniatures here that are outstanding ! Is anyone interested in these bags of crumbs for postage ? Now these are truly crumbs not scraps . They are pieces that I couldn't get at least a 1.5 inch square out of.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    I just ran across this thread , I have at least 5-6 30 gal bags of scraps YIKES! I am currently pulling a bag at a time out and ironing the wads of fabric and thinking about cutting them into certain sizes. The first bag I got through ended up being much smaller after the fabrics were ironed lol Maybe I would be better off to just get them ironed and sorted and then cut them up as I need to for swaps here ! I love swapping because it feeds my desire for new fabrics . I also have a few one gallon ziploc bags of crumbs . I was going to throw these away but see some tiny miniatures here that are outstanding ! Is anyone interested in these bags of crumbs for postage ? Now these are truly crumbs not scraps . They are pieces that I couldn't get at least a 1.5 inch square out of.
    I can appreciate your dilemma! Not too long ago, I gave away tons of scraps for postage and I'm sure you'll get several takers! Since giving all my scraps away, I'm happy to report my fabrics are dividing and increasing in scraps as I knew they would! LOL! Good luck with all the ironing!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    raedar63 I would swap some of those small pieces with you. What would you like in trade? PM me.

Goldendog cute tiny quilts

rwquilts a little pruning always helps with flowers--fabric too!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    I have been busy with swaps also. Just finished the boomerang swap which is one of the best swaps for blocks I've been in. Am in the Monthly FQ swap and the secret santa swap. I'm busy with cutting strips for a quilt I am making, also trying to finish up with a strip quilt for a queen size bed. The blocks are close to being done then I will put it all together using a qayg method. Then there is Christmas quilting and on and on and on...........
    Raedar63 has a good idea for her scraps and I think I will do the same. So ironing board here I come!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    "...I also have a few one gallon ziploc bags of crumbs . I was going to throw these away..."
    Those crumbs make great pet-bed stuffing. The animal shelters appreciate getting washable pillows with such stuffing; each one helps keep an animal more comfortable. (Make sure no pins are in the mix, of course ). THANKS
    Last edited by postal packin' mama; 10-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    anytime anyone wants to send me scraps down to 1/2" I'd love to get them. I am a miniaturist and do use them also. I'd be glad to pay for postage. I love the variety you get in scraps. I'm mostly a country tiny to small prints fan but will take anything.

Blog Entries
    I apologize for being awol for awhile. as for the swaps I felt we didn't really have enough interest.
    But I'm more than willing to set up another swap now if we can get at least 6 swappers. any less than that and I feel you should just do a side swap instead.

So we can do a scrap swap or an item swap.

I would like to swap these pile of scraps if possible. The flannel scrapps weigh 13 oz. and the Halloween scraps weigh 6 oz. I like fall colors, Christmas, neutrals, Halloween, Lodge look. I don't want flannel though. I have done enough of flannel for now. Thanks, Vinae
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by javin22; 10-09-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    I came across this on a blog I was looking at this morning. - SCRAP HAPPY CAT! So cute!
    http://katespaindesigns.blogspot.com...l#.UlhL81CUR3o

Name:  scrapcat.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  43.7 KB

Rhonda, great cat pix on the blog! I might have to try that seam ripper. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Time for some more inspiration!!

I loved the look of this one
    http://www.quiltdad.com/2011/11/sew-...k-tour_21.html

Name:  b00c48ee558c9e6dccea5df1bdd4e6fa.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  86.6 KB

And this cute bag........ http://flutterfromkat.bigcartel.com/...-pouch-pattern

Name:  IMG_1247__Large_.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  33.1 KB

These 2 pictures come from this lady - http://www.sewmamasew.com/2010/04/fr...features-tips/

Love these!

Name:  QMIIKellie1.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  183.6 KB

Name:  b10141c338266809acc91803389574df.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  54.3 KB

I didn't find the link for this one but loved this too! I have a soft spot for hearts
    Name:  7569acd199af7999ffb15ae11fc64a2e.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  82.2 KB

This was soooooo cute!!!

Name:  cb7bfb2069797fb5b2552499cd635716.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  12.9 KB

Blog Entries
    What cute ideas!!
    I just finished a couple of WIPS and have another one to work on. Here's a couple of scrappies! HST's were leftovers from other projects in both of these quilts-- Waiting for some quilt inspiration to appear on the second one.Name:  Baskets.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  105.6 KBName:  Bear's Paw.jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  236.5 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Gladie Bear's Paw is one of my altime favorite pattern to use! Lovely quilts!

OK, Love your 2 mini's, especially the basket quilt.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
    OK, Love your 2 mini's, especially the basket quilt.
    Oh E I can't call these mini's. I mean after all the basket is a 4" block and the bear paw measures 7". Thanks R & BBell.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast