Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Wow! Maybe you will get some tips for longevity from her. :-)

I think it is keep on quilting. LOL
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

It is Christmas Eve and all across the board/ Some of us are busy finishing up those last minute quilts, while others are relaxing and enjoying themselves. Hope all of you have a lovely Merry Christmas.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Yes, Merry Christmas to you too and to all! :-)

Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and they get all the sewing supplies they asked for and all their quilts quilted with care.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Hi Ladies, I have been lurking around because this swap is intriguing, i would like to join if you still have room. I have a really wild print that needs a project.

pm sent.

There is always room paperpieceme. I have pm'd you back.

yipee, so glad there is room for me, i figured out i ididnt have enough of my one fabric, so i found a 2nd. they look good together. get your sunglasses out ladies, one of them is bright!

Paperpieceme, looking forward to your wild print, and your board name is intriguing, so looking forward to the pattern you choose too!

I have found the print I want to send, I was online and I've ordered some of it!

Yeah. I will be picking mine out real soon. I know exactly what material I want to use. Just got to pick a pattern.
    Remember no paper piecing as not everyone is that skilled.

oh you give me too much credit, i like paper piecing, it doesn't mean i am good at it . I know the pattern that i want to send, i just have to find instructions for it. its pretty easy. no paper piecing l

Blog Entries
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I am looking forward to this boom.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Buslady, I'm in Michigan too! :-)

Blog Entries
    I'm in Sanilac County, where are you? If you don't mind.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Quote Originally Posted by paperpieceme View Post
    oh you give me too much credit, i like paper piecing, it doesn't mean i am good at it . I know the pattern that i want to send, i just have to find instructions for it. its pretty easy. no paper piecing l
    Good to know. I am learning how to do paper piecing and so this year I am joining the Carol Doak's 50 Fabulous star group. We will see if I make it past the first star. LOL.

Buslady, I'm in Ingham county, near the capitol. Have to you been to Country Stitches? It's a nice quilt shop.

hey michiganders, I am just across the lake. sending some cold weather your way tomorrow. it was 0 degrees when i stopped off at the quilt shoppe today, beautiful sunny day for a drive though.

urgodschild2, i am doing that block a week with the 50 paper pieced stars too, we are supposed to post one next week, so i need to get myself in gear.

when i was at the shop today, i found some fabric i liked better not quite so wild, but really neat. i am going to cut tomorrow while the kids are still at grandmas.

looking forward to this swap, its my only swap right now, trying to keep it simple. i set the goal to finish up my UFOs this year. uff da, theres a lot of them.

Paperpieceme, I haven't counted my UFOs... but I found out that when I join a swap I tend to get more sewing done than not. It seems that making a commitment to someone else works better for my sewing projects than trying to finish them alone. I become more enthused about sewing when I'm making something for someone else, and that enthusiasm spills over to some of my own projects.

I got the fabric I ordered online for this swap in the mail. :-) I plan to make a test block later this month.
    Trisha

Blog Entries
    have you filled your 12th spot????
    Marcialee

givio-
    i made a list of my UFOs while I was cleaning my room,if you count fabric that i have in my mind for a certain project its craziness, but dh told me i should only count the ones where i have cut something. that narrows it down to 11. I have a wandering heart when it comes to quilting, I finish a top and move on to the next one.

i sew quite a bit because i sleep in my sewing room, poor dh snores so bad, when he started kicking in his sleep, i took over his office. i just dont finish a lot of quilts, but i can whip out a fancy pencil case in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    have you filled your 12th spot????
    No I haven't filled our 12th spot. Would love to have you join. PM me. Whoo hoo this will be so great. I was going to post a request for anyone who knows anyone who might want to join us and now I won't have to. Oh wait I just did. LOL.

I had 17 UFO's that were either in the making or I wanted to start. I have finished 2 and I am almost finished with two more. Yeah. The two that are almost finished are going with me to Australia. Gotta love having a time schedule to get one in gear and finish something. I go to a quilt class at my senior center and we are starting up again next week. Every month Lyn gives us a swap and we get a pattern for making a quilt with the swap blocks. So that is 5 quilts per semester. The she has a semester quilt that we get instructions every week and then to add to all that she gives us a year or 52 week quilt blocks. for the year. this year is it going to be Christmas. anyone can look at her quilts for our class and get the patterns free at lynbrown.com

Thanks for the link. That was interesting and when I have more time I'll explore it some more.

Here it is the 6th of January. I am preparing for my trip to Australia and getting to see my adorable grandkids. I look forward to Feb when we start. I hope all of you in the cold area are safe and ok. I know what it is like to get cold temps when you area is not use to that cold temps and wind chill. Stay inside and just sew.

Safe trip and enjoy your grandkids,nothing like it!!!!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast