Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Here it is as promised and it is still Sunday in CA.

When I put the blocks together (they managed to be
12 1/2' x 60 1/2") I saw that the colors weren't as close in hue as I expected them to be ( didn't check first).

I pondered replacing them, then the thought came to mind that this would enable the rest of the group to have more freedom in working with the greens and pinks and in the end pull the quilt together as one, rather than individual rows.
Seems good to me. Sounds like fun too!

I can't help to say again that they all were cut and sewn using the Accuquilt BABY GO.
If it is OK with the group, I am going to give some thought to the label - been mulling over your suggestions so far. ( the only labels I've done are transfers from books or fused on from a decorated printed cloth.
I don't quite know if I can come up with anything quite like what I've seen so far.
I have a few other Swaps, SP to do and a quilt to finish for my granddaughter's 12th Birthday on the 18th, but I won't forget the label. Maybe in the meantime, someone else will come up with more ideas.

My First Row for the Row Robin 2011. Actually my first Row Robin. Cut completely with Accuquilt BABY GO
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152493[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152488.jpe  
Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 AM

Good Morning Everyone
Pretty block, Roseysue.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 AM

If purchased labels are okay, I bought some from Keepsake Quilting several years ago. Mine have flowers around the edge, but they have many different themes.
Guess I am not as fast as everyone else. It won't be long until I send the photo of more of my blocks than just the last one I sent late last week; "5 Tulips."
Mariah
I do have to brag that I got the 2 blocks done my friend from another swap asked me to make!!
Mariah.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:59 AM

I like! What is ACUQUILT Baby GO--a computerized sewing program or what?
Mariah
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
I like! What is ACUQUILT Baby GO--a computerized sewing program or what?
Mariah
The Accuquilt BABY GO is a smaller version of the Accuquilt GO.
It is a fabric cutter that cuts all kinds of shapes and not only saves cutting time by 90% (really!), but makes sewing the pieces extremely precise because they are all the same size.
Flying geese is one that goes very easily. And half square triangles, and strips.....
The GO uses Dies up to 10" in width and the BABY uses dies up to 6" in width.
Another popular use for them is cutting shapes for applique - hearts, flowers, cat, dog, etc, etc, etc.
You can look on their Website - Accuquilt.com for more information
The Cutters and the dies are available for sale for up to 35% off, so don't be too shocked at the prices.
I've had mine for just a few month snd have fallen totally in love with what it can do.
More info, I will be glad to give you.
pm me.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
If purchased labels are okay, I bought some from Keepsake Quilting several years ago. Mine have flowers around the edge, but they have many different themes.
Guess I am not as fast as everyone else. It won't be long until I send the photo of more of my blocks than just the last one I sent late last week; "5 Tulips."
Mariah
I do have to brag that I got the 2 blocks done my friend from another swap asked me to make!!
Mariah.
Mariah, I did not see your block that you sent last week of "5 tulips". I looked all through this thread. Can you post it again.
Roseysue, I like your row. I think I like #2 and 4 the best. I like the variety. Good job. I wish I knew where to purchase some labels. I am going to use my butterflies. I have not made them yet. I think I am going to cut them out of a pink or mauve material. I have never made one before.
Roseysue, send me the patterns for your star blocks.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 AM

It went to our thread,but later I couldn't find it either. I will try by tomorrow to get it posted again.
Quilter's Cache has a neat pattern for a Butterfly; I think it is p.pieced. Also, Hobby Lobby has some of the embellishments.
Your new tool mentioned sounds great, Roseysue. I can't buy anything now, tho. My husband thinks I have spent enough on quilting, and I don't want him to--- move out!!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 AM

Hi Sherry,
I think your Idea for the labels is really nice. Much better than any commercial one.
I will be gone all day, but will pm you the patterns for my blocks. PM me your e-mail.
I like the #2 and 4 blocks, but am totally unhappy with the color coordinating, so I'm changing them out for ones with more compatible colors. (Color is one reason I love fabric and flowers so much).
The more I look at them, the more they Shout at me that they don't belong.
I will use them somewhere else. Would you like them?
I'd love to give them to you. I have to tell you they have a minor repair where there was a slight tear I didn't notice till they were done.
Can't really notice them, I reinforced them, but I wanted you to know.
Since stars aren't something you're too familiar with, I willsend them after making a finished product for you.
That way, I know they will have a good home.
I so enjoy your frequent participation in our thread, that's what keeps it going and I look forward to sitting down at my computer to see what's up.
I'm looking forward to doing a row for you - I ordered fabric with blue hydranges (not here yet - hope it is as good as it looked in the pic) so it should go well with your row well.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:57 AM

Oops,
That was supposed to be a PM. Sorry group. I guess I am now committed to sending each of you a block.
Well that will be fun.
We'll make it pot luck. One of you will get the other star block I am not using, snd others with be something else-mystery block.
I'm not trying to start a trend, but I want to do this.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Hi Sherry,
I think your Idea for the labels is really nice. Much better than any commercial one.
I will be gone all day, but will pm you the patterns for my blocks. PM me your e-mail.
I like the #2 and 4 blocks, but am totally unhappy with the color coordinating, so I'm changing them out for ones with more compatible colors. (Color is one reason I love fabric and flowers so much).
The more I look at them, the more they Shout at me that they don't belong.
I will use them somewhere else. Would you like them?
I'd love to give them to you. I have to tell you they have a minor repair where there was a slight tear I didn't notice till they were done.
Can't really notice them, I reinforced them, but I wanted you to know.
Since stars aren't something you're too familiar with, I willsend them after making a finished product for you.
That way, I know they will have a good home.
I so enjoy your frequent participation in our thread, that's what keeps it going and I look forward to sitting down at my computer to see what's up.
I'm looking forward to doing a row for you - I ordered fabric with blue hydranges (not here yet - hope it is as good as it looked in the pic) so it should go well with your row well.
I would take them both, but do not want to be greedy. My row does not have to be hydranges. I want flowers and blooms with muted blues, pinks, cranberry , and creams.