Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Sherry did you see the "red,white wnd blue" stars in group one's site? That's a good example of what the stars are. Does seeing that give you any questions to ask me?
I washed and ironed my fabric and I'm going to do a block tonite.
I know what you want, I just hope I can make them, so you won't be disappointed. I am still new at all of this. I will try to make HST to make a star.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:02 AM

Why did everybody stop writing? I miss hearing from you. I finished my first block. I posted at the other site, here it is for all of you.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150899.jpe  
Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 AM

Just popping in and being nosey from grp 2, sew by row. Some really nice rows here!! They'lll be sensational when they're finished..
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 AM

Good Morning Roseysue,
Beautiful Block! I love the colors.
I haven't been on here lately, because we had decorations to take down and get stored. I love Christmas, but the putting away can be a job.
I have some of my blocks almost done. Now, to figure out how to get the camera and W. 7 new computer to work together, and I will be happy again! It is very different from XP.
Pretty sure you work on my row when we mail next month. I really like the experience of working on our own, then sending, and getting to know new girls.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!
Mariah.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Why did everybody stop writing? I miss hearing from you. I finished my first block. I posted at the other site, here it is for all of you.
I wondered why everyone quit writing too. Beautiful block. Mine may be more simple than that.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Happy New Year everyone. I hope this year finds everyone, healthy, wealthy, and wise. :lol:
Old 01-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Same Here - Happy New Year to all of you.
I guess you were all sleeping! Or it was probably "Christmas Happened" . I have an advantage - I live alone, all my children are busy with their own lives, so I have no one to answer to but me and so I can just sew, sew,sew and, oh yes keep up with all of you.
I don't think I told you, This block will be the center and two end ones. I have to decide what the two other ones will be.
Don't worry Sherry. I am sure whatever you do will be very special to my quilt because it be you and that's what this is all about.
Hang in there Mariah, W 7 didn't seem too bad. I transitioned from XP about six months ago and what I remember was that it was so great - the new features really added to it's usefulness. I hope it doesn't give you too much trouble.
Posting pics was a try as you go thing for me. I didn't know what I was doing, but just kept trying till I got it right and voila! a picture!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Happy New Year to all, also!
We are spending a nice quiet day with football, parades,and more football. Our Son came for Lunch and to help put the boxes of decorations away, so now I am working on several things.
We are liking W.7 very well. The only things I have yet to master are the pictures and emailing them, and some issues with the external hard drive, which is more the ex.h.d., than W.7. Guess if we had everything accomplished we would be bored!!
Think my row will have 5 blocks in it. I have 1 done, which I will be posting before long, and 2 more about half done. I don't like to hurry when I am quilting.
Since today is what it is, I am just going to go ahead and send a little about our family. Sort of a "break time" for me!
Have a wonderful 2011!
Mariah.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:27 PM

"3's a Charm girls,
Just a little about myself and our family. We have lived in Pittsburg 34 yrs., and really like it. We have 3 children and 4 grandchildren,and 1 step-grandson. We try to see our kids about once a month. They grow so fast even in 1 month.
My husband had an insurance agency here until his retirement about 10 yrs. ago. I worked with him in the agency for about 10 years,then started working retail due to our health ins. becoming so terribly expensive. By profession, I was a music teacher. I taught elem.vocal music for several years when we lived in Wichita.
I have been a member of our local quilt guild about 6 years. It is a fun group, and we do a lot of learning along with having fun. Our big project is the quilt show, held every year over Labor Day. We all work hard to have it be successful. We make quilts for our Community Service and make them for the nursing homes, the dialysis center, cancer center, homeless families and children. I never realized there are so many children who end up at the police and fire stations every day due to abuse. I have learned an awfully lot at guild also. We have a "work day" coming up soon where we will make quilts to have on hand for the community service.
That is about the only outside activity I have at this time except for church activities and Bible Study. It got to be too hard to say "no," and I was working harder for outside activities than I did when working before Retirement.
I was the youngest of a family of 8 children. We grew up on a farm and I went to college at Fort Hays State, where I met my husband Don. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in June.
Mariah.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:29 PM

That is a very beautiful block. Guess I have some work cut out for me to try and keep up. Such pretty fabric.