Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 12-28-2010, 06:32 PM

I thought I would would tell everyone a little about myself
I have 3 children 4 stepchildren. 3 grandchildren and 8 step grandchildren. I was layed off from my job in feb. 19 years got me nothing. I am still deciding what I want to be when I grow up. So far I got nothing. lol I have made about 30 quilts. Most for christmas gifts for family. I adopted my oldest granddaughter and have been raising her since she was 3 months. She was a shaken baby and is multi-disabled. She is the light of my life. She takes up a great portion of my time but I love every second of it. I know I should be looking for a job but playing on the computer is more fun. lol Hope you all have a great evening.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by scaroca
I don't care if my rows are appliqued or pieced. I want you to use your imagination and create something. That is what I hope to do for each one of you guys too. I am so excited about doing this. I appliqued this row but that is just the beginning of the quilt. The best is yet to come.
You are so sweet. I don't usually applique, but that doesn't mean I won't. You have given me a challenge, which I love.
Sherry, I will try to get away from this computer and get that star block done so you might feel better about the star. I hate to feel I'm stressing you and Mariah out.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Great job everyone.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by scaroca
I thought I would would tell everyone a little about myself
I have 3 children 4 stepchildren. 3 grandchildren and 8 step grandchildren. I was layed off from my job in feb. 19 years got me nothing. I am still deciding what I want to be when I grow up. So far I got nothing. lol I have made about 30 quilts. Most for christmas gifts for family. I adopted my oldest granddaughter and have been raising her since she was 3 months. She was a shaken baby and is multi-disabled. She is the light of my life. She takes up a great portion of my time but I love every second of it. I know I should be looking for a job but playing on the computer is more fun. lol Hope you all have a great evening.
How old is your oldest granddaughter?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare
Yeah, I am so glad to hear from everyone. Boohoofish, you sound like my life has been. I know we have all been busy. I am reposting my pictures. I was shaky when I took the pictures, so I had my husband take them. They are much better, believe me.
your row is lovely! very 'peaceful' i do love blue & cream, it has a calming effect!
gorgeous!!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 AM

My granddaughter that I am raising is 12 now. She is still like a 3 month old. She can't sit, roll or do much of anything by herself. She is tube feed and she is nearly blind. She can see shadows but she can't see clearly. She is the love of my life and I would do anything for her.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:31 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
I know I am slow; too much Christmas, too many other things. Anyway, I am working, working.
One of these days, I am going to surprise you by posting 1 or 2 of my blocks. Along with row robin, I have 2 blocks to make for one of the girls in our Madein Maine swap, then pretty soon another block for the January exchange. Then, our youngest daughter left all of the jeans her DH had worn before the accident. She wants me to help her make some pillows or something for her and the 3 girls. "Help" turned into my DH and me cutting the jeans apart and probably making the pieces. So, that is what is happening here! Forgot; supposed to finish a little project for guild we are making for our show in August. She wants them back next month!! (Pushy people!!)
Again, a surprise one of these days!!
Happy New Year, everyone!!
Mariah.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 AM

I am doing around the world BOM. We have made 4. I read the instructions and then make the block. I always hope they each come out the same size. I have had to take some of them apart and resew them to make it come out like the picture. I guess it is called "the learning curve". :lol:
Old 12-29-2010, 09:14 AM

We call it "unsewing."
I try to remember "measure twice, sew once," but it doesn't always happen.
Around.....is a neat block!
M.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Sherry did you see the "red,white wnd blue" stars in group one's site? That's a good example of what the stars are. Does seeing that give you any questions to ask me?
I washed and ironed my fabric and I'm going to do a block tonite.