Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 617

Thread: Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

  1. #326
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    Just a reminder since FQ Stash Queen's rows are going around. I did NOT include an extra block because she didn't want one so I just didn't want anyone to worry about doing that extra block :D
    Again, so sorry I have been so far behind. I am slowly getting caught up on my postings, pictures, etc. I should be totally caught up really soon. The Boomerang Swap is the only thing I'm still behind on but I got all my pictures posted on there tonight between storms..LOL.
    When my mom passed away in December (right after my dad passed last July) I really thought that I would just keep myself busy but I'm thinking 2 Boomerang Groups, Fabric Swaps, Classes at the LQS, Hosting the Magnet Swap and the Row Robin may have been pushing it a bit...LOL ;) Of course I also didn't take into account the days that I wouldn't be up to doing much. Anyway...I'm back on a roll so hopefully I will post my "thank yous" and pictures more timely now.

    Quote Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    I wanted to ask you Pam...what embroidery machine do you have? That is just SO cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by pamesue
    Ok Ladies,

    I am ready to mail....I have my row, my label, extra block and journal. I will mail extra brown fabric for the sashings (uncut), that way you can cut to your measurement to make your row fit to my row. The extra to be mailed back with the finished quilt.

    So, I would like for my row to be in the middle (that is why I signed on line 3. If you would be so kind as to sign your name on the line of your row...

    If anyone would like for me to send extra cash for the cost of shipping, I will gladly do that...just let me know.

    Looking for to receiving TF Quilters row.
    I concur, lovely siggy block. Am looking into doing a similar one but with kitchen utensils on it. Are we supposed to send the extra block on or keep it for ourselves? I really don't want an extra block (hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings), but I want my quilt to look like a kitchen quilt, not a hodge podge on the back.

    I don't think extra postage is necessary as by the third round we'll probably be at $11.95 anyway. I don't have a problem as long as you don't send cinder blocks and bricks.

    Blessings, Cherie

  2. #327
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    Okey Dokey FQ Stash Queen....your row picture. Bless your heart, I know you have been wanting to see it and I promise I have NOT been ignoring you. We have had so much bad weather that it's been hard to post anything much less pictures.
    Also, regarding your PM, I feel SO bad....I could have sworn that I told you about the trouble with the paper towel but I must have told someone else. Anyway...long story short, the paper towel roll needs to have alot of embroidery (the decorative stitch on the towels and the words) and I just can't do it. Also, in order to get the ends rounded, it needs to be appliqued with the "needle turn" stitch which I can not do. Anyway....long story short I went with a raw edge applique instead. I found some beautiful fabric at my LQS that matched your colors beautifully and used them as well as some of the fabric that you sent me. I really hope you like it...please be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    I will post pics....no problem :D Once we get all the 2nd row pictures on here, I'll post them on the main picture thread with everyone else's too if ya'll want :D

    Quote Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Huh!!! You "thinks" wrong. :roll: You can't see it cuz it isn't up against yours. However, when I took out all of the paper piecing, it has enough give to even it out. Just have to cut a new sashing for it. Maybe Gail can post it for me - I haven't figured out how yet. Have to get everything in storage by Sun. a.m. when we leave, so will get machine out Mon. a.m. and finish it all up to send to Gail.

    I received Pam's row and already have most of it cut out and ready to start sewing ASAP. Might be the only one I actually get done on time. :P
    Thanks Gail. I'd sure like to see a pic of mine in the meantime. Your row sounded so cute when you described it. Pretty please with sugar on top, will you post it for me?
    The colors are off but I promise it matches :)
    Name:  Attachment-189766.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  51.2 KB

    Close up of tea pot; the color is off
    Name:  Attachment-189767.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  54.7 KB

  3. #328
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    So....for you guys with your embroidery machines...here is the paper towel block I was going to make for FQ Stash Queen:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pgGd8vKz5Q...per+Towels.JPG
    Now....I can tell you that without the little decorative stitch, it just looks like a white blob...ask me how I know LOL :D
    Anyway....maybe one of ya'll can make it work. It was a fun idea but didn't work for me. I was going to put it in the middle probably bigger than the other blocks and then have a fork and spoon on each side (like smaller than normal block) and then something on the ends. Anyway...if anyone wants to go with it...have fun. I know FQ Stash Queen really like the idea and I am so sorry I was not able to do it :(

  4. #329
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    OK....I'm am trying really hard to get caught up on everything and the weather is NOT cooperating...LOL :D My lights have been going in and out for days now because of all the horrible flooding. I am so thankful that everyone has stayed safe.
    Anyway....I wanted to post a picture of the extra label that I got from Elaine "TF Quilter"...it is SO PRETTY!!
    And....it has a little bee on it for "Qbee" :D :D :D
    Check it out!!
    Thank you and I am so glad you like it..the weather is so scarey...be safe Qbee, that's the main thing. Elaine

  5. #330
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    Okey Dokey FQ Stash Queen....your row picture. Bless your heart, I know you have been wanting to see it and I promise I have NOT been ignoring you. We have had so much bad weather that it's been hard to post anything much less pictures.
    Also, regarding your PM, I feel SO bad....I could have sworn that I told you about the trouble with the paper towel but I must have told someone else. Anyway...long story short, the paper towel roll needs to have alot of embroidery (the decorative stitch on the towels and the words) and I just can't do it. Also, in order to get the ends rounded, it needs to be appliqued with the "needle turn" stitch which I can not do. Anyway....long story short I went with a raw edge applique instead. I found some beautiful fabric at my LQS that matched your colors beautifully and used them as well as some of the fabric that you sent me. I really hope you like it...please be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    I will post pics....no problem :D Once we get all the 2nd row pictures on here, I'll post them on the main picture thread with everyone else's too if ya'll want :D

    Quote Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Huh!!! You "thinks" wrong. :roll: You can't see it cuz it isn't up against yours. However, when I took out all of the paper piecing, it has enough give to even it out. Just have to cut a new sashing for it. Maybe Gail can post it for me - I haven't figured out how yet. Have to get everything in storage by Sun. a.m. when we leave, so will get machine out Mon. a.m. and finish it all up to send to Gail.

    I received Pam's row and already have most of it cut out and ready to start sewing ASAP. Might be the only one I actually get done on time. :P
    Thanks Gail. I'd sure like to see a pic of mine in the meantime. Your row sounded so cute when you described it. Pretty please with sugar on top, will you post it for me?
    I really like what you did with FQ Stash Queen's row...the tea pot looks neat...now it's my turn...:)

  6. #331
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    What do you think is wrong with the paper towel block? I think it looks fantastic!!! All the hand embroidery is so cute. Are you not going to use it?

  7. #332
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    LOL....Nancy you are So sweet to think I could do that :D
    No...that is the example I found somewhere and was trying to duplicate.....mine looked NOTHING like that....imagine big white blob...LOL :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    What do you think is wrong with the paper towel block? I think it looks fantastic!!! All the hand embroidery is so cute. Are you not going to use it?

  8. #333
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Qbee, I just rec'd the box with FQ Stash Queen's row and the row you added...it arrived safe and sound..:)

  9. #334
    Senior Member FQ Stash Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Macon, Ga
    Posts
    668
    Gail - the row is perfect. You did a great job. The paper towel idea was great, but I really like what you've done. Glad you are okay. I'm in the same boat as far as the weather goes. We're outside of Nashville, TN and have been hit with the torrential rains, flooding and tornados. Haven't been able to use my machine for almost a week cuz of power problems. Thanks for posting.

  10. #335
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    Oh good....I'm SO relieved. I was worried that you didn't like it when I didn't hear from you. I'm really excited. Just let me know when you get a chance to send Nancy's row. I've gone ahead and started on the stars because you said you had a TON of colors so I figure I can't go wrong if I stick to batiks. :) :)
    Did you send your signature block? I will send it on as soon as I get it and sign it :D Stay safe!


    Quote Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Gail - the row is perfect. You did a great job. The paper towel idea was great, but I really like what you've done. Glad you are okay. I'm in the same boat as far as the weather goes. We're outside of Nashville, TN and have been hit with the torrential rains, flooding and tornados. Haven't been able to use my machine for almost a week cuz of power problems. Thanks for posting.

  11. #336
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    Nancy,
    Did you see this thread?:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119594-1.htm
    I had asked him if he could possibly make a paper piece pattern because I thought it would look WONDERFUL on your quilt. What do you think? do you like it at all?? I was thinking about using it as the center star in my row for you.
    Just let me know!
    Gail "Qbee"

  12. #337
    Super Member pamesue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Michgan
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    Nancy,
    Did you see this thread?:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119594-1.htm
    I had asked him if he could possibly make a paper piece pattern because I thought it would look WONDERFUL on your quilt. What do you think? do you like it at all?? I was thinking about using it as the center star in my row for you.
    Just let me know!
    Gail "Qbee"
    that is very pretty block..

  13. #338
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    Nancy,
    Did you see this thread?:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119594-1.htm
    I had asked him if he could possibly make a paper piece pattern because I thought it would look WONDERFUL on your quilt. What do you think? do you like it at all?? I was thinking about using it as the center star in my row for you.
    Just let me know!
    Gail "Qbee"
    ---------------------------------------------------------

    Sorry so late in responding - finally done with all the wedding/company stuff.

    That block is breath-taking!!! It looks nearly impossible to make, even with paper piecing. If you decide to do it, I can tell you I will be really proud not only to have it, but because you made it. Good luck.

  14. #339
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    I thought it was BREATHTAKING! I am waiting to see if she gets the paper piece pattern completed and if I can buy it or something. I though it would be great as the center of my row. I hope you like pink :) I'm a pink girl so my row will have a alot of pink and green....they are very pretty batiks so I think you'll like them. :D :D :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    Nancy,
    Did you see this thread?:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119594-1.htm
    I had asked him if he could possibly make a paper piece pattern because I thought it would look WONDERFUL on your quilt. What do you think? do you like it at all?? I was thinking about using it as the center star in my row for you.
    Just let me know!
    Gail "Qbee"
    ---------------------------------------------------------

    Sorry so late in responding - finally done with all the wedding/company stuff.

    That block is breath-taking!!! It looks nearly impossible to make, even with paper piecing. If you decide to do it, I can tell you I will be really proud not only to have it, but because you made it. Good luck.

  15. #340
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Hello Group 6:

    Gosh, everyone is sooo quiet...I am about finished with FQ Stash Queen's row and Pam, I think I will mail it out on Monday, so will let you know for sure. How is everyone else doing on their rows??????? TTYL..

  16. #341
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    Elaine -- come on, girl. Slow down with the rest of us!!! I'm still playing catchup from wedding two weeks ago. I missed a lot of naps.

  17. #342
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Nooo Nancy...I am done and I want this row on its' way..I am ahead huh..this row doesn't have to be mailed until June 15th...well, better than behind I guess...get caught up on your rest Nancy and then onward.. :lol:

  18. #343
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Here is FQ Stash Queen's row...I sure hope you like it...I hope the colors are clear...I used a piece of your fabric with the dark brown, salmon & blue in it...and took my row from there.

    No pictures posted...I will try again in the morning... :thumbdown:

  19. #344
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    I will try this one more time and hope these pictures load..this is your row FQ Stash Queen...sure hope you like it...

    FQ Stash Queen's drk brn fabric block
    Name:  Attachment-199501.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  67.1 KB

    2nd block..I added Apron & rolling pin
    Name:  Attachment-199502.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  77.6 KB

    3rd or center blk...Cup of Coffee
    Name:  Attachment-199503.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  90.9 KB

    4th Blk..Flour, Sugar and Mixing Bowl
    Name:  Attachment-199505.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  77.8 KB

    Blk 5...Same as Blk #1
    Name:  Attachment-199507.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  75.4 KB

    FQ Stash Queen's rows so far
    Name:  Attachment-199510.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  81.8 KB

    The other side of FQ Stash Queen's Rows...her row is 1st, Queen Bee did 2nd row and I just added 3rd row...:) Cherie, hope you like it...
    Name:  Attachment-199513.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  84.7 KB

  20. #345
    Senior Member RNUNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    TWIN FALLS, IDAHO
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by TFquilter
    I will try this one more time and hope these pictures load..this is your row FQ Stash Queen...sure hope you like it...
    Elaine --- "AWESOME" work as usual! You've been busy, to say the very least. If FQ Stash Queen doesn't like it .... give her my address, I'll give it a home.

  21. #346
    Super Member Short an Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yale, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,838
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TFquilter
    I will try this one more time and hope these pictures load..this is your row FQ Stash Queen...sure hope you like it...
    beautiful, I love the colors and the design on all the blocks

  22. #347
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by RNUNU
    Quote Originally Posted by TFquilter
    I will try this one more time and hope these pictures load..this is your row FQ Stash Queen...sure hope you like it...
    Elaine --- "AWESOME" work as usual! You've been busy, to say the very least. If FQ Stash Queen doesn't like it .... give her my address, I'll give it a home.
    Thank you Dayle... :thumbup:

  23. #348
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by TFquilter
    I will try this one more time and hope these pictures load..this is your row FQ Stash Queen...sure hope you like it...
    beautiful, I love the colors and the design on all the blocks
    Thank you so much..:)

  24. #349
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    That looks great and goes with the other two rows really well. Good job!!

  25. #350
    Super Member TFquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    That looks great and goes with the other two rows really well. Good job!!
    Thank you Nancy...:)

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.