Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
I have not received mine yet either. I hope the one I sent last week got to her ok.

Hey mousie... go look at my post to you in the chit chat. :lol: :lol: I was thinking of you when I did it.
Wow, my reputation for becoming accident prone is getting around...looks like it's getting 'around' my butt! Keep dipping into the sweets and my butts gonna be a -round :shock: :lol:
Old 11-07-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Originally Posted by Moonpi
Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
OMG...Now I'm feeling really GUILTY :oops: ...OR worse, NAUGHTY! :evil: I knew of a topic my person was interested in, but rather than be NICE, I found the book I wanted available as a Publisher's Remainder book. It has not arrived yet, (naughty procrastinator that I am) and it likely will not be totally pristine. :( Was I Naughty? I bought it so that I could include several other fun things in the package...so maybe not too Naughty? :?
I love recycled books - they read the same as the new ones! I would be thrilled to get a book PLUS goodies!
I'm with moonpi here, just because it is not a "pristine-and-new-from-the-publisher" book doesn't make it a bad book. If it's in good shape, I would love a book plus my other gifties.
It just arrived!!! I am amazed -- it looks very good!! OMG, so lucky. :) :) :) I am so excited! Remainder books are not actually used, they are simply either publisher overruns, or the publisher moves them out of their warehouse to brokers to make room for new titles. Some have shelf wear, etc. Some of the book brokers also sell second hand and out of print books, but they will say so, describing the condition. It is easy to find Remainder quilting books because they make and publish new titles so frequently.

Yippee!!! Now, off to package up the goodies!! :D :D :D
I agree with the others...I love books, used or new. I have a friend who frequents resale shops and she's gotten me several great used quilting books for my birthday and Christmas, and DH has picked me up some good ones as well at antique malls. Remainder books are a great idea. I'll have to look into that as well. (I was just feeling guilty about buying one for me when I was supposed to be shopping for someone else! I knew I'd want to keep it. But at least saved the shipping costs... :wink: )
Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

Well, I have a card at post office saying I have a package...could this be it????
Can Mousie's little heart take it? :roll:
I feel the earth move under my feet,
I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down... :shock:
Will this be my new precious, box-baby? :mrgreen:
Come to mama-mousie, I'll take good care of you...

NAUGHTY: nothing to report.
NICE: Had a lovely visit with grandbaby. Nice for me...and for her. Still working on my SS stuff. Santa loves helpers :mrgreen:
Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
I have not received mine yet either. I hope the one I sent last week got to her ok.

Hey mousie... go look at my post to you in the chit chat. :lol: :lol: I was thinking of you when I did it.
Wow, my reputation for becoming accident prone is getting around...looks like it's getting 'around' my butt! Keep dipping into the sweets and my butts gonna be a -round :shock: :lol:

Hummm, is that why you are stuck in the jar? You know I stitched the 'small' mouth jar. :lol: :lol: So you are still a wee little mousie. :lol:
Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Little Mousie..you better hurry on down to rescue your box! NO telling what could happen to it if it isn't watched closely! Now, you aren't thinking about shake, rattle and rolling that box are you????

I'll be wrapping up all my little goodies today so my box can fly away on Mon. mailing directly to (*&^&(*PU.....didn't think I was gonna tell...did you???
Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 AM

thinking GREEN...I think it would be great if everyone next time included a used book or magazine. Good way to use them when your done???? RIGHT????
Old 11-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

sewnsewer2: .......
Hey mousie... go look at my post to you in the chit chat. :lol: :lol: I was thinking of you when I did it.[/quote]

Wow, my reputation for becoming accident prone is getting around...looks like it's getting 'around' my butt! Keep dipping into the sweets and my butts gonna be a -round :shock: :lol: [/quote]

sewnsewer2:Hummm, is that why you are stuck in the jar? You know I stitched the 'small' mouth jar. :lol: :lol: So you are still a wee little mousie. :lol: [/quote]

Santa, did you hear that...give sewnsewer2 plenty of NICE points. She says that Mousie has a cute, tiny-hiny-hiny! :D
Yeah, I was just resting in top of that jar, before double dipping :wink:
Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Little Mousie..you better hurry on down to rescue your box! NO telling what could happen to it if it isn't watched closely! Now, you aren't thinking about shake, rattle and rolling that box are you????

I'll be wrapping up all my little goodies today so my box can fly away on Mon. mailing directly to (*&^&(*PU.....didn't think I was gonna tell...did you???
Ok, people, if you see what looks like a square or rectangle with wings, in the sky, no worry...it's just Patti's SS box, winging it's way to it's destination. Don't call NASA!
Hmmm? I hope some of Ducky's, um, 'imbibing' relatives, don't nab it!
It doesn't have any alki-hol in it, does it Patti?
Oh, I am so excited...I am getting a little 'delivery' tomorrow,
and didn't even have to do the nine-month-thing! WOO HOO! :wink:
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 AM

Finally got to go to the LQS to pick up a few special things for my SS box. Sorry it's taking so long to mail, but was a little sick. I probably will mail this out at the end of the week in order to buy some more wonderful things to go inside. :D :D And wrapping is a must! How fun!!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM

I am still waitingfor my ss to send my package, I am getting so excited,
:D Then the big wait :roll: