Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 09-29-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Leota
Don't tell TruPeach1 that you aren't going to do something...
She'll coerce you into it.
Yes, I'm in.. :D
I am a great cheerleader.............I was never one is HS I was not a stuck up snob. ( will I get my hand slapped for saying that?)
only the wannabes were snobby..
Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 PM

I have an ingenious idea for SS this year and i ain't telling >:D mwaahahaha
Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
Per conniequilts, I also am one that is not able to afford over $20, and included the mailing! but if its a problem, I will gladly cancel out of this secret pal santa. I have a fixed income, and have to watch what and how I spend!
Please don't cancel out. This will be fun. It's the thought that counts not the cost. This will be my first secret santa swap, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Per conniequilts, I also am one that is not able to afford over $20, and included the mailing! but if its a problem, I will gladly cancel out of this secret pal santa. I have a fixed income, and have to watch what and how I spend!
Please don't cancel out. This will be fun. It's the thought that counts not the cost. This will be my first secret santa swap, I'm looking forward to it.
Ditto! The thought is much more important than a silly price tag.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
so I think all it takes is a little creativity. :)

Exactly.

The other tip is find light weight things to save on shipping. The heavier it is the more it cost. I learned that the hard way. Also if there is a book in the package it is considered media mail. All you have to do is write MEDIA MAIL next to where the postage would go. Ask me how I know? I now try to include a book or magazine in all my mailings. What it cost in the regular postage by having it media mail I could use the money to buy the book or magazine. Hope I explained that correctly.
MEDIA MAIL can only be used for BOOKS AND DVD, (the media mail was set up for educational materials-as explained to me by post office when I was sending some magazines), you can not even have a note or letter included to send Media Mail. However, The post office does have Fixed Rate boxes for Priority Mail and you can use them for heavy items for domestic mail. You could send a book in a pkg. by itself Media Mail and other items in a separate package.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Are you going to tell me your BFF????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Can you please tell me what is normally in a SS pack? I haven't done this before and it's a bit of a mystery to me!! Reading all your chat it seems that you are all part of some exciting secret club!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Another thought for those of you who may have a Tuesday Morning in your area, there is a sewing/craft/quilting area in the store that have awesome discounts. There are different things at different stores but I have gotten acrylic templates that usually run $5-$6 at JoAnns for $1.00. Also have gotten sewing machine needles 2 pks for $1.00, rotary blades 2 pks for $3.00. So that is always an option to check out as well.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Are you going to tell me your BFF????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
NOPE
:twisted:
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Amen, it's all about the excitement of something unknown and unexpected ( yes we're expecting the gift itself, but we don't know whats in it)
Now last year as excited as I was about receiving my pressie I was more excited about sending it. I had Star and to throw her off I sent her 2 packages. She didn't know which was from her SS and which was an imposter however they were both from me. There are REALLY tricky people on this board they will send the package to someone from another state and have them mail it so you don't know where it really is coming from.

It is not in the pressie you get it is in the fun you will have by reading the posts left each day on this thread and by the craziness that takes place once people start to get their boxes. I for one hate surprises and waiting once my package arrived I swear it was talking to me. Teri can even tell you her package would talk to her and taunt her to no end. In the end it really doesn't matter what the cost of the pressie was as I said above it is the fact that someone took the time, care and love to send it. So isn't it in the giving that is the most fun of all?
This is about poinsettias.......... There was little girl who had nothing to give the Christ Child on Christmas Eve so she gathered an arm full of weeds and placed them before the alter and before everyones eyes the weeds turned into beautiful red flowers, the poinsettia. It was said "EVEN THE MOST HUMBLE GIFT IF GIVEN IN LOVE WILL BE EXCEPTABLE IN HIS EYES" I hope since this is a religious quote it doesn't get deleted.