Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by lab fairy
Wow. I may have to practice the chat thing. I might have entered the chat area once. I find it kind of frustrating because I can't follow the conversations. Can I just enter the chat area and see how it works? Are there any special abbreviated codes I need to learn? Just to put this in context, I don't sent text messages much either. It becomes very frustrating to me when people start using abbreviations. :roll: Just ask my kids. I never know what they are saying to me when they text.
I use to go into chat ALL the time but I always get booted. I don't text either and it took me forever to figure out LOL meant laugh out loud I thought it meant lots of luck. Call me stupid. The people in chat don't really use text/abbreviations that much the most inportant is ROFLAO Rolling on floor laughing a** off. Everyone is friendly in chat they will say hi to you and just jump in. It is crazy on reveal day there are so many people you get dizzy trying to keep up with what is being said. But it is fun.
I thought LOL meant lots of love. My daughters had a good laugh at me for that one.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by nursenadine
Originally Posted by lab fairy
Wow. I may have to practice the chat thing. I might have entered the chat area once. I find it kind of frustrating because I can't follow the conversations. Can I just enter the chat area and see how it works? Are there any special abbreviated codes I need to learn? Just to put this in context, I don't sent text messages much either. It becomes very frustrating to me when people start using abbreviations. :roll: Just ask my kids. I never know what they are saying to me when they text.
I use to go into chat ALL the time but I always get booted. I don't text either and it took me forever to figure out LOL meant laugh out loud I thought it meant lots of luck. Call me stupid. The people in chat don't really use text/abbreviations that much the most inportant is ROFLAO Rolling on floor laughing a** off. Everyone is friendly in chat they will say hi to you and just jump in. It is crazy on reveal day there are so many people you get dizzy trying to keep up with what is being said. But it is fun.
I thought LOL meant lots of love. My daughters had a good laugh at me for that one.
I know. This is precisely why I never wanted to KNOW. I would have to get even and cook something. Someone would charge me with cruel and unusual punishment and then make me take a class or something.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Banned

My fellow Pole people............I am not in hiding I have a special undertaking today. I will be with Mrs Clause we are making pinchushions. Beautiful, beautiful hand embroidered pinchusions. I wish I knew how to post pictures of all of you to see.

Since it is Friday we will have a barn dance. The band is coming, as usually you know they can never miss a party and beside it is a dance we need some kind of music. It will be potluck dinner. It is so cold, they are calling for ice all day so I decided to make Shephards Pie, yum yum.

Please no one push the big orange buttons by the door of each building it seems people have been doing that which turns off the heaters and heat fans that keep the ice from forming on the walkway. We have had to many people and elves slip and fall.

I do believe Littleone is on her was here, she has come to the realization the true Santas Workshop North Pole is in NY
I would like everyone ti welcome her with open arms. I know lodging is hard to come by at this time of the year so I thought we can rotate where Littlone will stay she really doesn't take up much room. You do know she sleeps in a shoebox? Don't you.

I haven't heard from Gramqlts so I don't know if she is on her way or not. I hope she didn't get lost.

I am off to the sewing room in the Clause house I will see you all later. If you need me you know where I am.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

Well after carefully considering my box that arrived yesterday and it was flopping as much as the mailman said I waited a bit --- well finally got up the courage to open it :shock: Poking sticks and standing back I finally got it opened :-o

What do I find ?? what you ask me??? well I can see why the box was flopping around --- IT WAS A FISH -- who mails a fish with NO water :shock: no wonder it was flopping around -- it really was a fish out of water :cry: ****big sigh******
Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Well after carefully considering my box that arrived yesterday and it was flopping as much as the mailman said I waited a bit --- well finally got up the courage to open it :shock: Poking sticks and standing back I finally got it opened :-o

What do I find ?? what you ask me??? well I can see why the box was flopping around --- IT WAS A FISH -- who mails a fish with NO water :shock: no wonder it was flopping around -- it really was a fish out of water :cry: ****big sigh******
It wasn't me. Promise. I may be a pond skimmer but I'm not a hooker. 8-)

There's room in the greenhouse if anyone wants to pitch a tent in the jungle section. Beware of the flytraps. They're getting hungry since everyone has been sending all the good stuff in the mail.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:30 AM

Well sharon, did you put it in some nice cool water?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Banned

I say chop off it's head and eat it.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

SOOOOOOOOOOOO for all of you who think I should still be on the naughty list I got yet ANOTHER pressie today. Yes that is correct I wrote ANOTHER. Now DD brought it in she said it says Secret Santa and it is a different addy from the one in her car but it is from the same town and state. Makes me wonder from where. This time she brought it in the house along with the 1 in the car. She said she doesn't want anything to happen to them. Now since she forgets and my house is such a mess, she hide them and then not trusting me if she wrote it down and not trusting herself because she would forget where she put the paper she decided to e-mail the hiding place to herself. I realized she might have gotten hit in the head, she might have a brain injury, she might forget but to think to e-mail it to herself I decided she is one smart cookie.

I HAVE BEEN A GOOD GIRL I GOT 2 PRESSIES. Skipping away eating a candy apple.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Peach you're gross.... YUCK!!! not the Christmas Fish>>> ewwww
I say chop off it's head and eat it.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM

There is always room in the barn with me and the reindeer.It is nice and warm in here and we have fluffy down mattresses on top of hay.If you get really cold one of the reindeer will sleep with you and boy do they put off body heat.I will be a t the potluck tonight.I will bring molten fudge cake and cornbread to go with the shepherds pie.Wish I could help with the pincushions but I have never made one and would you believe I don't even own one.Have received nothing from SS yet,and I have been really good,just hanging out in the barn and not getting in any of the spats.