Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Boy OH Boy! Tink had to go to the vet yesterday...She needed a followup bloodtest and her shots, but it turned into a very expensive day. Tink has very tiny veins and she needs to be put under a bit of gas so that he can do a blood draw...He had to try 2 places before he got those skinny veins. Then, he is cleaning her teeth and sees that she has 2 cracked to the gum line teeth and the one behind it was so bad, the nerve was exposed. SHE NEVER EVEN COMPLAINED ABOUT HER TEETH...He can't believe that she was not having a problem.
So...$568 later...Tink is home and higher than a kite on doggie pain pills and taking her antibiotics. Will get the results from her tests, later in the week.
Good thing I already did most of the shopping for the boys and DDIL....things will have to be a bit leaner for the rest of the list.
I'm so sorry to hear about Tink. What we do for our babies. Gus will get his teeth cleaned at his spring checkup. The vet didn't want to do it last spring because of having had the ACL surgery. He says he doesn't like to give them general anesthesia more than once a year unless it is absolutely necessary. He and the surgery vet both told me Rotties don't do well with anesthesia.
Give Tink a sloppy tongue lick for Heidi and Gus.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:20 PM

well I was able to take down my tent today, so my husband started on the Christmas decorations(he said he wasn't doing them until I took down the tent). I came home from work today and never came upstairs, just went straight to my sewing room and started working, and then it was time to go start dinner and when I went upstairs there sat my SS leaning against the front door!!!! now I gotta hide it till next weekend hmmm? where would I not look?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 PM

This is a message from my Mom: Handquilter
She received her Secret Santa package in the mail today!! YEAH for her. Both of us are so excited to open them on the 11th!! We both promise to be good until then!! HEE-HEE
Old 11-30-2011, 06:25 PM

Groan, no more partying at the tent. But, I'm glad your SS prezzie arrived safely. AND I hope your Christmas decorations look fabulous!! How about a tent party at NEW YEARS?!! lol

Hope Tink continues to do well. Give her EXTRA cuddles from well wishers on the QB.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:41 PM

Lisa, I'm sorry about your accident, glad you're ok now!

Susie, tell Tink that I hope she feels better soon!

No more camping? Where we gonna go now? Where's the party????

Side note: The spousal unit just bought me a "Android" phone! Had a simple flip phone before...didn't think I wanted one of these, but it's FUN!! I'm downloading music now so that I can make ringtones!! Any suggestions? I got "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" for when the office calls, and "I Cross My Heart" for when that wonderful spousal unit calls.... what else should I get?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:50 PM

Tink says to say "Thank you", she doesn't seem to be in pain...she just took her final pills for the night (Antibiotics and pain pill). Dr says that they are Puppy Vicaden, so she should not be driving...last night she was barely able to hop up on the bed.

She enjoys all of her cuddles...but isn't quite trusting me when I'm coming toward her with the pills.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 PM

I think my present is breathing. Its moving. maybe I should open up one end to give it some air!!! What do you think?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:05 PM

If it's moving I would make it little holes, ya never know what might slither out, oops I mean crawl out?.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Glad everyone is having fun.
Sorry Tink isn't, give her lots of love from me and the cats.

Ok, ladies....I've found what I want for Christmas and it has an awesome rebate with it. It's the Innovis 5000. Has a $300 rebate AND FREE Innov-ís 950D. What you think? I already saw the other Laura Ashley machine without the embroidery and they wanted $1999 for it. I wonder what the price of this one is? The 950D would make a great gift for Lauren.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Glad everyone is having fun.
Sorry Tink isn't, give her lots of love from me and the cats.

Ok, ladies....I've found what I want for Christmas and it has an awesome rebate with it. It's the Innovis 5000. Has a $300 rebate AND FREE Innov-ís 950D. What you think? I already saw the other Laura Ashley machine without the embroidery and they wanted $1999 for it. I wonder what the price of this one is? The 950D would make a great gift for Lauren.
did you tell DH ????

just looked it up...very pretty !
I like that one also.

Last edited by dreamer2009; 11-30-2011 at 07:47 PM.