Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge

Oh MY....I totally forgot postage too! I will send enough for two...as a PIF!

Sorry I have been having some issues with my youngest child so I haven't been around. I will do a group picture of them and then get them in the mail. I know that I am getting two more in the mail so as soon as those get here then I will get them back out into the mail to all you ladies. I really think this will be fun
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Never been so excited about seeing something ugly... rotfl
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Wow that is so sweet, would your Mom like some fabric that is not Ugly as a thank you? Now that I said that I wonder what she would like! I know a lot of the fabric I like my daughter thinks is ugly and some of her skulls and cross bones, well i don't care for it ( the one with the little pink bow is kinda cute though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    Ok Marytodd....I spoke with my mother and she has 29 inches of the fabric so she is sending it to me. I will add it with what I have and my mother is sending me another ugly fabric. I will put both pieces of this fabric in your envelope and it is yours to use as you please. Enjoy it.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Ok I sent out everyone's envelopes today. If you don't receive one by April 13th please notify me. I was unable to take pictures of all the uglies. We have been having a horrible time with my youngest son so I apologize. Thanks for all the wonderful uglies everyone.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Thanks Melinda. So sorry to hear about all the stress caused by your son. I will be sure to let you know when my new ugly fabric arrives, and I will also take a picture to share with the group.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    Thanks Melinda. So sorry to hear about all the stress caused by your son. I will be sure to let you know when my new ugly fabric arrives, and I will also take a picture to share with the group.
    Double what JenniePenny said and then some - Great big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and your family, I hope everything gets back on an even keel sooner rather than later.
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

I love my "ugly"!

Name:  uglyfabric.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  349.0 KB
    The GREAT pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. -- Walter Bagehot

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    I love my "ugly"!

Name:  uglyfabric.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  349.0 KB
    I love it too! I think it would make a great cosmetic bag! What do you see yourself using it for?

cjr
    My ugly arrived today. Not to ugly.
    Melinda thank you for hosting.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    My ugly isn't that ugly, either. I have several scraps that will go well with it. After the holiday and things settle down ....

I think I better pick up my mail tomorrow. The yellow "ugly" definitely has potential.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Opened up my ugly today... my daughter says ooh that is ugly..Mom what you gonna do with it. My husband says.. I dont think thats ugly at all. I like it. I think it has lots of potential and not an ugly either.

Going to whip it up today into something special a one day quilt project and will post later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Opened up my ugly today... my daughter says ooh that is ugly..Mom what you gonna do with it. My husband says.. I dont think thats ugly at all. I like it. I think it has lots of potential and not an ugly either.

Going to whip it up today into something special a one day quilt project and will post later.

Fun! Good for you!

Jenniky that came from me. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Need some coordinating fabric? Fabric.com accidently sent me something that goes with it really well instead of what I ordered. I can pass it on to you.....
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I'm back! We had to change ISP's. AT&T wouldn't fix my internet (bad modem), so we changed companies.

Jenniky -- I must say ... Eeeew! LOL! But with the right coordinating fabrics, I bet it would look great.

Who got the blue and red plaid-looking Moda fabric I sent? I'm anxious to see what you thought of it, and what you do with it. (Personally, I thought it was horrible! LOL!)

I bought some coordinating fabric for my "ugly" last night. Pic below. I still think it's quite pretty! I'll be making a small quilt with it. Hopefully I can start on it next week. No idea yet as to the pattern I'll use.

Name:  uglywithcoordinating.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  330.2 KB
    The GREAT pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. -- Walter Bagehot

Moonrise.....what a great stack! That is going to look really neat. I got that wonderful moda blue and red. When I opened the envelope I was shocked.....it's so pretty! I definitely got the better end of this trade.....poor jennicky.

Jennicky, I'll try to take a pic of the coordinating print that I got after I sent that rusty ugly in so you can see if you want it.

So, everybody, here is the awesome fabric that doesn't suit moonrise's taste......
    Name:  017.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  120.3 KB
    Here's my stack of possible coordinates, which may/will change depending on what pattern I choose.
    Name:  018.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  106.3 KB
    I'm still (gasp) in shock that I received a fabric I like so much. Have a happy Easter everyone!

Foxflower, I think you got the ugliest one so far that's been posted. Good luck!
    As they say.....Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    LADYBUG

That is too funny ladybug! Good thing I like plaids. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I have so many projects on my table I don't know when I'll actually get started on this other than choosing coordinates. I'm still going to browse through patterns for inspiration though.

Glad you like it, Foxflower! LOL! Looks like a nice selection of coordinating fabrics.

I just told DH (Robert - he's a member here too) what we were doing, and how it worked. He got interested, so now we're sitting here working on the quilt. He picked the pattern, and I finalized the fabric choices. We'll see how it turns out!

(Isn't he a cutie patootie??? )

Name:  robert.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  145.4 KB

Ta-Da!!! The pattern is "Octagon and Twist" from Quilter's Cache. We're tickled pink with it!

Name:  uglyquilt.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  267.4 KB

Name:  uglyquilt-close.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  377.2 KB

P.S. Here's a link to the pattern. It's rated 3 out of 3 stars on the difficulty, but it wasn't hard at ALL. There's one seam where you have to "fold" the fabric in order to sew it, but it's simple. Not sure why they rated it as being difficult. I'll definitely be making this pattern again!

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Octag...wistBlock.html

Moonrise.....wow, you two are FAST. It looks great! Great pattern. I"m still browsing for a pattern, but that's the fun part!

Thanks! We got a routine going, and it went pretty quickly. It's really just nine 12-1/2" blocks sewn together, with borders added.

We knew at least one person would take their fabric and turn it into a beauty! Excellent job Moonrise! Your quilt is fabulous! You and hubby make a great team.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast