Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
    Haven't seen an ugly fabric yet - in fact, I wish I had at least a yard or two of each one of them! Makes me feel REALLY bad about the ugly I sent it, it is truly UGLY!
    Bet its not as ugly as the one I sent!

cjr
    Hey Darlene loves Choclate___
    Is your fabric a stripe? If it is that was my contribution. I would love to see what you do with it. I have more of it and have not been able to come up with an idea for it. Someone on board is making squares with stripes, I may try that later in the Summer. To much going on now.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Smile

OK, quilters, here is my quilt top made with the 'ugly' I received - brown wavy stripes. I had two alphabet fabrics that had all the right colors, plus some some small pieces of blue.

The size is 40 x 42.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!
    The GREAT pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. -- Walter Bagehot

Nicely done!
    LADYBUG

Blog Entries
    Very pretty, I have some of the alphabet fabric, but no cute blocks! I made an Apron for my Granddaughter for pre-school out of the alphabet fabric. I like what you have done with your "ugly" great match!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Ladies, Oh my goodness you all are so very skilled. Also those "sizes" were just suggestions but honestly you ladies can make anything with your "uglies". If you haven't recieved yours please let me know.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Very pretty, I have some of the alphabet fabric, but no cute blocks! I made an Apron for my Granddaughter for pre-school out of the alphabet fabric. I like what you have done with your "ugly" great match!
    Hi Marytoddliz,
    Does your granddaughter need a nap quilt to match her apron? I have no idea what to do with it!

Blog Entries
    Loving the wonderful projects everyone is coming up with for their uglies. Im still searching for a border for my ugly pies.. .. Will post once I decide and finish it off. Right now Im leaning towards a brown a lil darker than the crust on the pies. Have a wonderful quilting day ladies.
    Have an awesome day!

I have received mine and I love it. It is a nice vintage stripe with rose colored flowers and a green stripe. I think I have enough in my stash to work with. It will take me a little longer than some of you all. WOW you guys are really on it! I have work to deal with and yardwork, you know the drill. I'll post when I get something finished.

Blog Entries
    jenniePenny--what a beautiful child's quilt that you made from the ugly swatch I sent. It is totally awesome!

Hi Ladies - I've been totally enjoying lurking and looking at all the lovely quilts you've made from these ugly fabrics! Last year, I participated in a similar swap/challenge on this board - we posted pictures of our uglies, then voted on the ugliest. The winner then received ALL the uglies and had to make a quilt. Guess who won?? (Yep, me.) If you didn't see the quilt when I posted it last year, here it is again...you can make lemonade from lemons! Great jobs to you all!
    Name:  Ugly.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  111.0 KB

Debka,
    That quilt really came together nicely. It is cool! I remember the voodoo girl fabric, and the green Elvis from the board last year. Thanks for hanging out with us!

Jennicky.....how about this 1/2 yard for your binding? (And your welcome to this 14"x17" scrap of the ugly too.)
    Name:  002.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  122.1 KB
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    That matches perfectly, I will PM you and we can work a trade...
    Have an awesome day!

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    Bet its not as ugly as the one I sent!
    Well, we must be the queens of ugly fabric, since no one has posted a picture of the pieces we sent
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Senior Member Darlene loves Chocolates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjr View Post
    Hey Darlene loves Choclate___
    Is your fabric a stripe? If it is that was my contribution. I would love to see what you do with it. I have more of it and have not been able to come up with an idea for it. Someone on board is making squares with stripes, I may try that later in the Summer. To much going on now.
    Yes, with black and purple.....AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you take a photo of it and post for me....I am usually pretty good with computers and posting, but I can not seem to figure out how to post a photo....
    The Chocolate Lady,
    drippin' with thoughts of a new CHOCOLATE THEME block!

cjr
    Hi chocolate lady, I too am challenged in posting pictures here. Glad you like fabric
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

wow some fantastic block design from the ugglies fabrics
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

There haven't been any posts for a few days. Is everyone busy? I would love to know who got my "ugly" and what they plan to do with it. I have the main part of a baby size quilt done with mine. Just need to organize the borders and put them on. I'll post pictures when I am finished.

Ugly Fabric..Ugly Quilt

I finally got this done! I am calling it Cubs on Acid because it sorta looks like the Chicago Cubs thingy! Its still ugly!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    OMG -- that's the fabric I sent. My son-in-law, a true Cubs fan, would be devastated if he saw that picture -- especially since the fabric came from his mother!!! Anyway, I really like the results. Very contemporary. Great job! You have far more imagination that I ever could have!!!

I haven't had a chance to sew my ugly yet, but it's coming up to the top of the list. As soon as I finish a couple swap blocks and a t-shirt quilt for graduation gift next month.

Blog Entries
    It is spring time here, hard to sew when the weather is so beautiful outside! I found some fat Quarters to go with the Ugly fabric I got. Now to just sit down and di it! I am working on UFP this week, as well as a few orders.
    I have a cute pinwheel project for our Charity quilt club, so it should be a busy time, even if I would rather be outside in the yard.

Happy sewing ladies
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I agree....I would like more pictures, so I can see where my "ugly bugly" went....

Quote Originally Posted by gotthebug View Post
    There haven't been any posts for a few days. Is everyone busy? I would love to know who got my "ugly" and what they plan to do with it. I have the main part of a baby size quilt done with mine. Just need to organize the borders and put them on. I'll post pictures when I am finished.
    The Chocolate Lady,

That is a really neat cute piece of work....Cubs on Acid. I think you should show the quilt, I bet everyone would be surprised and very proud! If I am wrong, you are gonna be in TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please note I am talking about the quilt in # 171

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    OMG -- that's the fabric I sent. My son-in-law, a true Cubs fan, would be devastated if he saw that picture -- especially since the fabric came from his mother!!! Anyway, I really like the results. Very contemporary. Great job! You have far more imagination that I ever could have!!!

I haven't had a chance to sew my ugly yet, but it's coming up to the top of the list. As soon as I finish a couple swap blocks and a t-shirt quilt for graduation gift next month.
    The Chocolate Lady,

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast