Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29

YIPPIE!!!! My Dream come true!!!! Thanks so much. Vinae
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Then the sleigh ride it is. I generally do them in blue, love how they show up, might try one in the gold to see how it looks. The red is not a good color in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Mail's in! Received blocks from Owlvamp, Javin22 and Kensington! Cute, cute blocks, and an extra thank you to Owlvamp and Javin22. You know what for...
    So glad they made it and you're welcome. Thank you...

The Sleigh Ride is a MUST HAVE. That is so darn cute and absolutely beautiful.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Have the sleigh rides done, the bell/poinsetta done, the ornament of tranquility done, now onto the bell. I think I will also do the poinsetta and holly. It is pretty.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

I embroidered 2 sets of snowmen last night. They are blue cotton on Kona white (you'd never guess from the photos). Do you like them as is? Or do you want blue borders, corners or something else? I like how we are working these blocks out together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    They are so cute Fraew, either way for me. I always figure if I happen to get one and need it a little bigger for the correct placement in the quilt, I can add a border. Whatever you decide will be great I'm sure.

Oh I love the sleigh rides growing up we had a couple teams of horses and gave sleigh rides. The snowmen are sooooo cute I love them. I need some money I want a machine to do all these wonderful blocks

Blog Entries
    Frae, your snowmen are adorable! I've been waiting to see what fun blocks you were going to post...as to border, corners, etc. If your embroidery is smaller and you have more space I think borders of some kind add a nice touch, but if the embroidery work covers most of the block, it's entirely up to you! Your embroidery work appears to take up most of the space and they look awesome as they are, but if you want borders, I'm sure they'll be wonderful as well...what fun, fun, fun!!! It's so great that some of you have embroidery machines and can make such fun pretties so those of us who don't can still swap and get one or two.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    I am looking forward to those pieced blocks. Those are really nice. Marlena thought they were perfect, ie why I am in. I have finished up the bells now and takinga b reak so I can get on the longarm. I am making snowflakes for the craft. This has been good, I have also finished up the bargello I needed done, a block that needed done, and sewed up my triangle ornaments. I have even cut up the blocks for another quilt that a customer has paid me to o for them. It is looking really nice. Had to switch out a color and I think it worked out well. back to work for me ladies, potty/water break over. YEs, I will post photos when I am done longarming, also I need to trim up the blocks so they look nice.

Fraew, love those snowmen. They are going to look pretty with what I have.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quiltermomma - the sleigh ride is gorgeous ! It's when I see something beautiful like that that I pine for an embroidery machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    I embroidered 2 sets of snowmen last night. They are blue cotton on Kona white (you'd never guess from the photos). Do you like them as is? Or do you want blue borders, corners or something else? I like how we are working these blocks out together.

I think some kind of blue with a glittery snowflake would be perfect! Those are awesome!
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Quote Originally Posted by quiltpd View Post
    Quiltermomma - the sleigh ride is gorgeous ! It's when I see something beautiful like that that I pine for an embroidery machine.
    ME TOO!!! I got to try one at a women's show and I just drooled.

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I think some kind of blue with a glittery snowflake would be perfect! Those are awesome!
    i agree also but i also love them as is so either way works for me...all the blocks everyone is making are great

Blog Entries
    Sounds like some with snowflakes and some without to me! I can do that. I couldnt resist buying blue snowflake fabric the other day as I also thought these would look great with that fabric...but also liked the flexibility of just leaving them as is. See why I couldn't decide???
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Blog Entries
    I received Quiltpd's blocks today and they are super cute! I will post a picture of them for ya'll to drool over tomorrow after church. Thanks Pat!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Love the snowman blocks.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Oh, I just love ALL the embroidery blocks! Man, I REALLY want one of those machines! This is getting so exciting!

Here is my final set. They are 12.5 inches. I think I am going to make a bunch of these and make them into a bunting type decoration. Ronda, I will send them out just as soon as Sanda gets over herself and ships out to sea. Right now I have to batten down the hatches and try to weather out the storm. Good luck to all the others on the east coast!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Love those blocks craft phanatic!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

adorable blocks craft phanatic....stay safe during Sandy

Blog Entries
    Cute blocks Craft...please stay safe and let us know when Sandy passes? I am praying for those in the storm's path...hugs to you!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Love the blocks Craft. Be safe.
    Fraew

Fraew- those snowmen are so adorable. Beautiful!
    Craft phanatic- what a great idea, is that the Chinese lantern block? Looks a bit like the old fashioned ornaments my parents used to have.

Well, colour me officially intimidated. I love the sleigh ride and the snowmen are just so cute! I wanna, I wanna. Plus the pieced ornaments block - wow! I warned you when I signed up mine would be very simple. So before I go any further, thought I'd better run these samples by you. They are 9-1/2" and I think I'm going to change out the border on the pinwheel to red instead of green.

Name:  Christmas blocks swap.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  154.0 KB

This is the center of a 12.5" block. I'll put an 8 pointed star around it. I'm trying to decide whether to use gold or red for the star. I've used so much gold that I'm tired of it so my judgement isn't the best right now. Suggestions, please?
    Name:  santa block.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  253.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Your blocks will make a nice compliment to others posted Belfry! I would recommend going with red for the eight point star block as you do have quite a bit of gold. Pretty, pretty!
    Ronda

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast