Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29

Thanks. I didn't realise how much gold I used until I put the blocks side by side. I can switch the second block to a green center (same as what is on the pinwheel), if you think it might tone it down some? I've already made up the pieced corner blocks but haven't finished cutting out the others yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    This is the sleigh ride embroidery
    Attachment 372577
    OH, I love this one, where did you get the pattern? I think this would make an awesome wall hanging.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Belfry, I like it with Gold and red! it is cute just the way you posted it. And I think your blocks are awesome. I really think the best part of doing the swaps is the variety. All the different styles are really great!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Well I will try to whip out two more sets tomorrow so that I can send 6 sets. All the blocks are so adorable that I want one of each one. LOL. Well you could send me one of each one, I won't complain. What a cute quilt we will all have.

All of you doing the embroidery blocks........ok...I am hangin gmy head in shame.....I have owned a very expensive Bernina embroidery machine for about 6 years now and I have never used it. When I come back from down under I am going to play with that baby. You all have inspired me.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Thanks. I didn't realise how much gold I used until I put the blocks side by side. I can switch the second block to a green center (same as what is on the pinwheel), if you think it might tone it down some? I've already made up the pieced corner blocks but haven't finished cutting out the others yet.
    Keep going with what you have. They will be plenty mixed up in all of our quilts.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    All of you doing the embroidery blocks........ok...I am hangin gmy head in shame.....I have owned a very expensive Bernina embroidery machine for about 6 years now and I have never used it. When I come back from down under I am going to play with that baby. You all have inspired me.
    Ahem...purchased mine in 2004 and didn't open the embroidery box until July! Yes 3 months ago!!!! SheriR shamed me into it and I haven't turned back since. So shame on you...and let's get playing with that thing. We'll provide all the hand holding that you need.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Blog Entries
    Belfrybat love your blocks. Keep going they will be a great addition to our quilts.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

What kind did you buy fraew? I will try to post pictures tomorrow of the blocks I have done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lady View Post
    What kind did you buy fraew? I will try to post pictures tomorrow of the blocks I have done.
    I have a Viking Designer I that uses floppy disks. Does anyone even know what floppy disks are anymore? I found an external floppy drive for less than $20. I also picked up a used Designer II last year that uses a card reader. Both the card reader and external floppy drive connect via USB to my computer.

I said all that to say...the technology is older but you can find them for great deals. They use the same designs that are found everywhere and stitch beautifully in my opinion. And that's the story that I tell myself as a reminder that I do not need to upgrade! He he.
    Fraew

I'd LOVE to participate!!! I'm in!

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    Welcome Jane! We're happy to have you join with us...can't wait to see what blocks you make.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    As promised, here are the 4 block sets that quiltpd sent in...they are all super cute!

Attached Images Attached Images

Ronda

Name:  gift boxes block.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  346.5 KB

Here are 2 of my first set. I have other ideas spinning around in my head.

Jane
    Jane

oops! Meant to mention they're 6 1/2" x 9 1/2"

Jane
    Jane

Thank you Ronda for posting my blocks !!

quiltpd you and I were thinking along the same lines with the joy blocks will post pictures of mine tomorrow nice blocks. Ronda can you pm me your address going to mail you my blocks on Wed. that will give them 15 days to get to you

quiltpd and Jane, your blocks are cute!!

Thanks!

Jane
    Jane

have been watching this swap , would like to join Im pretty sure I can get them in plenty of time.
    PMarch

Blog Entries
    I received your pm letsquilt. A warm welcome to our newest swapper!

Jane, your present blocks are super cute!

Quiltpd, you are very welcome!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    If I've counted correctly we have 37 swappers currently, which should give us tons of fun blocks to exchange! I just hope that everyone that's signed up will follow through...haven't heard some several who's pm'd me, but hopefully many are busily working away in their sewing rooms.
    Ronda

Oh my, all the gorgeous blocks added since I've last checked in! All so cute!
    Belfy, your blocks are a great addition and don't look as simple as you are claiming!!! All that fussy cutting of those beautiful flowers! I actually vote for the border on the last one half red and half gold just like you have it! It looks so pretty like that!
    Welcome to all the new one who joined in the last couple of days!

Well I am done with five sets and that was going to be all I sent in but......now I'm thinking I will draw up another hand stitching block. It will give me something to do if (when) the power goes out! We are all hunkered down here and ready for the old girl! Luckily we have a gas stove and not electric so we will be able to eat. AND, I have plenty of wine to get me through!!!!!hehehe I am really not taking the storm lightly, just trying to stay positive and not get myself worked up with worry! Have a good week everyone!

Blog Entries
    Good news/bad news... grandkids went home yesterday after church (house is tooooo quiet!) Today I get to start on my blocks for this swap

Waving wildly to you Letsquilt! Nice to see you.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Here is set # 5 I love the snowflakes in gold.

Name:  DSC_0231.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  870.2 KB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I love them too! Very nice.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast