Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Idea for Fabric Storage - and It's Free!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane3 View Post
    I store my fabric in empty clear plastic rectangular containers that I get at the grocery store when I'm purchasing loose leaf lettuce. We eat the lettuce, I wash the container (with lid), dry them and put my fabric in. I like these containers because I can stack them and see through them. It works for me. I hope it's OK to keep my fabric in these plastic containers... and they are Free after we eat the lettuce!
    I saved those and cut them up to use as templates. I love the idea of using them for fabric storage - are they too airtight, though?
    Barbara

Samuel Johnson - Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength but by perseverance.

DJ
    Those bags are very handy, indeed.

Yes! I save and use those too! The last ones I received were not zippered, but were all cloth and had a velcro closure on the flap...nice! I also make storage bags out of scraps occasionally. That being said, all those bags and all those projects stored away has not helped me one iota to get anything completed. They look nice and neat though.

~ C

I enjoy these also as we are full-time in our 36' RV. As I work on a project and am gathering material for another one, I can maximize my space as they are soft and malleable. I would go crazy if I couldn't see what was in each bag and had to open a container to find out what was in it.

Since fabric need to breathe, could you just punch holes in the corners of each side? Same for the plastic lettuce containers...
    GrannyLady - Having too much fun dressing my grandaughters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2