Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Making Progress . . . >

Making Progress . . .

Making Progress . . .

Old 01-10-2016, 05:31 AM

I keep finding more fabric - I guess I tucked it away where ever . . . the scary part is I've only been quilting for 4 years now (but have sewed all my life). I have a lot of OPS fabric - other people's stash, bought at estate sales, garage sales and thrift shops.

I've got a bit more sorting to do so I make sure I've got all my fabric in the room, and then I'm going to organize and list my UFO's. I'm hoping I'm going to find my missing binding strips. I made a color wheel cabinet cover, and set aside strips of 8 different fabrics to bind the 8 sides of it. I know I had them when I pulled it out to quilt - and I put them somewhere. As it turns out, this didn't get quilted as soon as I'd hoped, and it's been close to a year since I saw those strips. They may be tucked into one of the sewing cabinet drawers - or under one of the seats.

Yesterday DH wanted me to go to an event with him, and then we got some shopping done while in the area. We did pick up the light strips, outlet strip and small Microwave for the Long Arm room. That meant I didn't get much done until this AM. It's almost time for DH to get up and make breakfast, so I'd better get back to work and get those UFO's tackled.

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-10-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:13 AM

I recently bought the same dinning room table and 2 chairs at our thrift store. I love the long leaves and then the 3 inserts that go in the top. With it being so old I'm surprised to see another one.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:04 PM

romangojg, DH and I bought that at an estate auction a few years ago. I have another very similar but it didn't have the extra leaves, so I wanted this one for them. Paid $50 for the table and was happy about that. After we got it home, DH decided this one was a much sturdier table, so the other one is now out in storage. I've still not brought the chairs in.

Spend the morning going over my UFO's - those not yet to floppy stage are on the shelves.

Still have stuff piled on the bed . . . but not as much

These totes have backing fabric in them. I did get all the rest of the sewing machine attachments moved out (they are in boxes on the dining room table for now). They'll get hauled out later in the week - now that I've got the machines out of the way. So now I can get the last of the fabric off the floor.

I put the irons back on the ironing board. One step closer to getting some sewing done.

This afternoon was spent out in the Shed getting things organized a bit. I got the three new shelves installed, so now I have four along the west wall. I'm very pleased with the results, though I still have more machines than fit. Gonna have to thin the herd a bit.

I have the cases moved to under the long arm now.

I'm glad tomorrow is Monday - I don't work near as hard on the job!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

You are making lots of head way. You need to start sewing up some of your stash.
I don't have near as much. I figure I need to live to maybe 200 or 300 Years old.
I make anywhere from 18 to 24 quilts a year. I donated 29 and gave away 5 last year. Most of the 169 quilts made have been given away.
Good luck and just keep going and you will get it all done
Old 08-15-2016, 07:32 AM

Wow! I don't know how I missed this thread back in January. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading about your plans. I am also wowed by the fact your hubby quilts too. How do you share your fabric? Who gets the veto power or is it always just easy? My hubby fishes and after the honeymoon period, I stopped doing that so we have separate hobbies.
PS Love the owl painting.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 AM

I could die a happy woman in her house. LOL
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM

Organizing is a long, slow painful process -- seems like it is one step forward and two steps back. You are making great progress. It is fun to see someone's sewing spaces come together!